UFC 169 was NOT the birth of Econo-Reem

tenniswhiz

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
After he beat Mir, a lot of guys thought he had come back as a changed man. Now he was conserving himself...

He tried to conserve himself against both Bigfoot and Werdum.
He still ran out of gas against Bigfoot. He was REALLY trying to keep things moving slowly in that fight.
A lot of fans think that Werdum was showing his standup too much respect, there are reports of Werdum hurting his knee, and perhaps Werdum could have pulled off a fight altering late flurry.

After the Bigfoot fight, that's why he attacked Browne the way he did. And that strategy failed too, because he almost finished and then became a sitting duck.

(funny enough, I think EconoReem would have done better against Browne and 2 Minute Reem could possibly TKO Bigfoot Silva).

I think he just needs to pick one or the other (based on the opponent), commit to it 100%, and the HW belt could become his.

This is ridiculous. Overreem is the most over rated. "alleged steroid using" fighter around.
it is pretty obvious "alleged steroid abuse" made him a very very good fighter at one time.
He is nothing without "alleged steroid abuse".

This is ridiculous. Overreem is the most over rated. "alleged steroid using" fighter around.
it is pretty obvious "alleged steroid abuse" made him a very very good fighter at one time.
He is nothing without "alleged steroid abuse".

you should be banned regardless of walking the line.

He did not get tired against Bigfoot.

Rewatch the ending sequence of that fight. Note Overeem's defense to Bigfoot's jab, and how it completely exposes him to the right straight that put him on queer street. Overeem gave that fight away. Bigfoot only took his head off when Reem served it up on a silver platter.

But yes, I have always thought that he has all the skills to become champ, and I still do.

He did not get tired against Bigfoot.

Rewatch the ending sequence of that fight. Note Overeem's defense to Bigfoot's jab, and how it completely exposes him to the right straight that put him on queer street. Overeem gave that fight away. Bigfoot only took his head off when Reem served it up on a silver platter.

But yes, I have always thought that he has all the skills to become champ, and I still do.

I believe the problems arose before that.
Watch the END of the 2nd round. Overeem has become slower, lazier, and weaker here. He gets dirty boxed a little bit at the end of the round.
If you were rooting for him, you would have said 'oh shit' with a sense of what was coming, in between R2 and R3.

I understand what you're saying, but I think that happened because he was gassed.
People tend to make more mistakes when they're gassed, and I think he would have never exposed himself to that kind of danger against a slower, lumbering guy like Bigfoot in R1 when he was fresh.

you should be banned regardless of walking the line.

I thought it was written that way simply for the humor. There was no need for any line-walking, considering Overeem did get busted for roids.

Back