UFC 169: Barao vs. Faber II Prelims PBP (Discussion) 3:30pm PT/ 6:30pm ET/ 11:30pm UK

Bruh, Mir and Overeem are on the card. And they're fighting each other btw

You just know that the way this night is going that that fight will somehow go to a decision with Mir werdum'ing reem.

whoever filled out the prelim card should be fired

Most of Patrick's strikes missed or were blocked while Makdessi hit a bunch of jabs, short shots and a couple kicks. i thought that Makdessi won the fight imo.

But for real, how many of you people are saying that you thought that Alan won just so you can MMA hipster by disagreeing with Joe Hogan?

Neither did Patrick.
2 takedowns and that's all. Not enough, given the strikes he ate (not significant, but numerous).

He got a big knee in Round 1 (I think) that was the most substantial strike of that round. He got a headkick in Rd 3.

I'm not saying he deserved to win. But it's no robbery. I'd be interested to rewatch without commentary.

Wasn't a horrible decision. At least Patrick was aggressive

Yeah but aggresion isn't scored in itself. Patrick wasn't effective at all, he hit about one launching right hand per round. At least Makdessi landed with some shots

Most of Patrick's strikes missed or were blocked while Makdessi hit a bunch of jabs, short shots and a couple kicks. i thought that Makdessi won the fight imo.

But for real, how many of you people are saying that you thought that Alan won just so you can MMA hipster by disagreeing with Joe Hogan?

Disagreeing with Hogan is so 2013, real hipster are back to defending Hogan against the out-of-date hipsters...

He got a big knee in Round 1 (I think) that was the most substantial strike of that round. He got a headkick in Rd 3.

I'm not saying he deserved to win. But it's no robbery. I'd be interested to rewatch without commentary.

I don't think it's a robbery because the canadian didn't secure the fight, but that one actually surprised me, he landed a lot more, shut the brazilian's offense down for almost the entire fight and seemed to be in control of the fight.

I do like the idea of punishing guys for not trying to finish fights they can control, and rewarding guys for trying to finish despite being out skilled, but still was really befuddled by that being a UD for Patrick.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fight of the night, knockout of the night! (so far)

Back