UFC 166 main card and prelims fighters

He's only top 3 because that division is really weak.

I agree TS. Nate vs Hector is worth my money where as Dodson vs whoever, isn't.

I'd say its more likely he's top 3 because he's a great fighter. Knocked the champ down twice and came closer to beating him than Benavidez. Also won the TUF 135 season.

I'd say he's pretty damn good

Reason why Lombard is on prelims? Because when he is on the Main Card, he will get a PPV cut :)

I'd say its more likely he's top 3 because he's a great fighter. Knocked the champ down twice and came closer to beating him than Benavidez. Also won the TUF 135 season.

I'd say he's pretty damn good

He got dominated in the last two rounds. MM has been knocked down before.

Do people even watch fights anymore?

Dodson has yet to have a bad fight in the UFC, he's exciting as hell and a finisher while Darrell Montague was probably the best flyweight not in the UFC. He's also an exciting fight finisher.

Marquardt has lost two in a row and one of those was a stinker vs Saffiedine. Hector Lombard has had two horrendous fights in the UFC.

As someone paying for this card, I'd much prefer to see Dodson vs Montague for my money.

Before being signed was seen as the best non FLW the UFC had not signed by leaps and bounds. Perhaps the best wrestler at FLW and a former Tachi Palace Champion(which is where all the top FLW's fought before the UFC made a division . Also did I mention he's only 25?

He got dominated in the last two rounds. MM has been knocked down before.

He got dominated in the last two rounds because MM is a cardio freak. I still think he could have finished MM if he had tried instead of saving his gas tank.

Before being signed was seen as the best non FLW the UFC had not signed by leaps and bounds. Perhaps the best wrestler at FLW and a former Tachi Palace Champion(which is where all the top FLW's fought before the UFC made a division . Also did I mention he's only 25?

I'm ordering this ppv anyway so I'll make sure to watch that fight. Only MMA I watch is UFC, Bellator, and WSOF.

Dodson is one of the most exciting, if not the most exciting, fighters in his weight class.

Who is he? Why should I be excited? What organization is he coming from? Who has he beat?

that's what i mean, i do not know this guy at all, the nate fight has way more recognition

Dude Dodson v Montague is a much better fight than Marquardt v Lombard what are you talking about. If Dodson v Montague was on the prelims I would honestly have not bought the PPV.

yep, what he said

Haha Dodson/Montague will be a lot better fight.

that's what i mean, i do not know this guy at all, the nate fight has way more recognition

Well when you get leg kicked to death and then follow that up with getting brutally KOed and fight a guy who is 1-2 in the ufc, not making the ppv is not too surprising.

Who is he? Why should I be excited? What organization is he coming from? Who has he beat?

When was the last time Nate did anything relevant enough to warrant a PPV spot over a top 3 FLW?

What has Lombard done aside from beating the most mentally frail fighter in the UFC and not living up to any of his hype?

Loser gets cut matches shouldn't take up space on the main card over two top 10 fighters.

When was the last time Nate did anything relevant enough to warrant a PPV spot over a top 3 FLW?

What has Lombard done aside from beating the most mentally frail fighter in the UFC and not living up to any of his hype?

Loser gets cut matches shouldn't take up space on the main card over two top 10 fighters.

Couldn't care less about the order of certain fights, but to play devil's advocate, what does 'top 10 flyweight' even mean?

Its like saying he's a top 10 one-legged division fighter. There are simply too few actually good flyweights to make a top 10 ranking that meaningful - look at Ulysses Gomez, top 10 flyweight, perhaps the worst two performances I've seen in recent times from the same fighter. The guy literally had NO stand-up, and NO wrestling - Phil fucking Harris beat him.

Ian McCall.....yeah, he's looked brilliant, and I'm a fan. He's looked exactly like Montague might look - a big fish in very small pond before coming to the UFC.

Jose Maria Tome? Dude looked like an unrefined brawler, gassed out in 5mins and got finished in his UFC debut....but WOOOOOAAAAAH, he had a fucking huge 30+ - 3 record, he must be a beast.....

Yeah....some funny choices. But they may get some good viewers on the pre lims and they have a huge main event.

Looking at this card from the prelims on.....its a pretty dam good card name wise

I don't see anything wrong with it

can't predict the future but chances are it will be a more exciting and more main card worthy fight

Back