UFC 166: Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez PBP (Discussion)

Diego sounds punchdrunk as all hell... wow. Is this recent? I don't listen to him very much, but he sounds like he's on the fast-track to James Toneyville.

omg you killed me...looool

Beat by Gomi and now beat by Melendez. Diego's career is going no where fast.

Gilbert's striking is just so damn good, thank jeebus Diego is as tough as is. He know's how to make losing look good though, bar the post-fight speech

I'm just going to assume you are right and keep motoring on with my evening.

Good idea, but you will eventually go there.

It's only human curiosity to want to how fucked up the world really is. And you will see it there.

I'm old. I'm not curious about that anymore.

No matter.

Everyone in our state of grace should experience a reawakening every now and then.

If not, you are just a dream. You aren't reality. Reality is harsh.

Gilbert didnt even look like he was in a fight when they showed him backstage a second a go. Just sitting there shootin the shit with Cung Le like he was at a UFC 166 viewing party.

My fear is that they waste Gil's time with a rematch with Diego. I hope it's either a title eliminator with TJ Grant or the winner of Pettis-JT.

Gilbert didnt even look like he was in a fight when they showed him backstage a second a go. Just sitting there shootin the shit with Cung Le like he was at a UFC 166 viewing party.

Was that really Cung Le??

Shit, brother been putting on some weight!

WOW that was one of the best fights I've seen! Sanchez did very well, great win for Melendez!

Diego pulled the same thing he did against Ellenberger, down on the cards, drops his opponent then works on the ground, nearly finishing both fights in the third. Too bad we didn't get to see a 4th and potentially 5th round in either of those fights.

Too bad we didn't get to see a 4th and potentially 5th round in either of those fights.

Prepare yourselves for the 5-round of Pettis vs. Melendez.

Sit on a towel so you don't wet the sofa!

Back