UFC 164 only did 270k PPV buys

You sure know a lot about a private company. How on earth would you know what sort of profit the UFC was making and if it was up or down?

Mostly everything you are saying is guesswork.

Gates and attendances are made public so you can draw conclusions from that.

2010: 24 events - roughly 48 million from ticket sales

2012: 31 events - roughly 55 million from ticket sales

You should come out to Vegas sometime. I'll show you around and help you understand.

31 events also means more cost...a rather high cost, mind you. Despite having more events they are pulling in less per show (even when laying % compared to earlier events). More shows, less gate, lower attendance, lower PPVs. All bad signs. Not the end of the world. Sports go through lulls etc...

Regarding how the business works. I work within it. TV deals are standardized because that's how networks like to do things. Of course I can't speak to exact numbers. even my numbers from before I assume the UFC was receiving the same % as they did four years ago. There's some folly in that as well.

But you can look at attendance rates and PPV guys and get an idea of how the sport is doing. It is certainly no longer the "fastest growing sport" in the world.

During co-main walk in at Mighty Mouse vs Moraga
LEfW1zt.jpg

You should come out to Vegas sometime. I'll show you around and help you understand.

31 events also means more cost...a rather high cost, mind you. Despite having more events they are pulling in less per show (even when laying % compared to earlier events). More shows, less gate, lower attendance, lower PPVs. All bad signs. Not the end of the world. Sports go through lulls etc...

Regarding how the business works. I work within it. TV deals are standardized because that's how networks like to do things. Of course I can't speak to exact numbers. even my numbers from before I assume the UFC was receiving the same % as they did four years ago. There's some folly in that as well.

But you can look at attendance rates and PPV guys and get an idea of how the sport is doing. It is certainly no longer the "fastest growing sport" in the world.

During co-main walk in at Mighty Mouse vs Moraga
LEfW1zt.jpg

that card also did terrible FOX ratings with only 2 mln viewers.Nobody gives a fuck about FlyW

that card also did terrible FOX ratings with only 2 mln viewers.Nobody gives a fuck about FlyW
A weak card headlined by DJ vs an unknown did the same ratings as Shogun/Vera and Machida/Bader.

UFC on Fox 8: Johnson vs. Moraga drew an average audience of 2.384 million viewers, according to MMAWeekly.com's industry sources. That number virtually ties the event with UFC on Fox 3 and UFC on Fox 4, which each attracted 2.4 million viewers.

Final UFC on Fox 8 TV Ratings

The Johnson

Last edited:
Too many watered down cards = less and less gate & PPV per card

It will only get worse if they continue to dilute cards

Back