Alexander Gustafsson vs Gegard Mousasi
Phil Davis vs Vinny Magalhaes
Chris Weidman vs Luke Rockhold
Tim Boetsch vs Alan Belcher

couldn't have said it any better.

hoping for something like

Ufc 159
Jon Jones vs Chael Sonnen - Check
Alexander Gustafsson vs Gegard Mousasi - Would be a good fight but you think they'd give Gegard such a high ranked fight right off the bat?
Phil Davis vs Vinny Magalhaes - Check
Chris Weidman vs Luke Rockhold - Weidman injured still, any updates?
Tim Boetsch vs Alan Belcher - Check, be good to see who belongs at top 10

I'd add if Alex v Mousasi and Weidman v Luke didn't pan out.
Maynard v Nate II
Cormier v Mir - cutting it close but I want to see it!

I'd add
Maynard v Nate II
Cormier v Mir - cutting it close but I want to see it!

I'm not sure Maynard will be back at that time and Cormier vs Mir will likely end up on Ufc on Fox 7(if scheduled).

Also you're right, Gustafsson vs Mousasi is probably unlikely but Dana White has talked, on multiple occasions, about how highly he thinks of Gegard. He may not get a top 5 guy like Gustafsson but I think he'll be paired with elite fighters right off the bat.

Ufc 159
Jon Jones vs Chael Sonnen
No way Mousasi is anywhere close to Gus in the rankings. UFC is grooming him as a title challenger. Giving him a guy clearly outside the top 10 and a guy casuals have never heard of would be stupid.

I'm just hoping the UFC won't make this a another weak card because It's been their trend to when Jones is headlining a card

Last edited:
I'm just hoping the UFC won't make this a another weak card because It's been their trend to when Jones is headlining a card

Jones made them learn their lesson last time..

Ufc 159
Somewhat of a loss/loss situation for Gustafsson with that matchup. I want to see Gus against Evans, Machida or Henderson.

Co Main
Gus vs Glover
Gus vs Mousasi if he looks good against kyle

or if lil Nog somehow beats Shad i could see Gus vs Lil Nog

I plan to go to this, so I hope they stack the undercard. Just in case, ya know.

Ufc 159
It's too bad we couldn't switch Sonnen and Gus around! :icon_sad:

I like Gus vs Bader as the co-main, a good winnable fight for Gus to help hype his title fight against Jones next.

I like Gus vs Bader as the co-main, a good winnable fight for Gus to help hype his title fight against Jones next.

Gus is on an awesome streak, while Bader is coming off of his first KO loss so no. And besides Baders fighting V-Mat on Fox this month.

I might go out to see this one myself, hoping they do sign and greets, wouldn't mind chatting with Jon and cheal.

Somewhat of a loss/loss situation for Gustafsson with that matchup. I want to see Gus against Evans, Machida or Henderson.

either the Machida/Henderson or Gus will get the next title shot. So no way he faces Machida or Henderson and Evans fights in February. So if he waits for Evans he won't fight until summer(or later seeing how Evans doesn't like to fight that often).

I'm going to this card and can't wait to see the MW champ tool Boned for 5 rounds!

Lol

I know it isn't reliable but the Wikipedia has Dan hardy vs mike Pyle listed as well for this event. I also will be trying to go to this event as well, I believe tickets go on sale January 23ish.

I probably will end up getting seats in the upper deck since I'll be paying for two. I think just being there and experiencing it will be worth sacrificing the view.

Back