UFC 157 will be a bust

Ya I don't have a problem with wmma but I have a problem with it being the UFC now I wish that Dana bought invicta and sent all the women over there for like 5 more years so they can build more talent and depth because after rousey fights cyborg there's really no big challenge left and I'm not paying for a card for rousey to headline it against some fighter who's like 4-0 and going to get there arm snapped in a minute.

First PPV in a while I won't support. Just don't enjoy women's fighting and if this card flops and especially if Ronda loses I expect we won't be seeing much of it anymore.

How is it that Machida vs Hendo is not the main event for this card. They need to advertise the hell out of that fight. Not the one sided beatdown that the Rousey fight is going to be. Why is it a womens fight is headling a card. This has never happened in boxing.

Well, i like this women fight on the main event... come on, everybody is excited about that, we saw many topics about this here on sherdog... saying bad or good things, many people are talking about this...

Holy shit mma fans are such cry babies.

Don't buy it then, but whining isn't going to solve anything.

Wound only buy for hendo machida. A fight that will end in a machida decision......not going to buy

I agree.

I don't get why Dana didn't make them a Headliner of a FOX card or something free.

I won't be paying. Going to BWW to watch.

exactly. ive always been saying this to myself (why doesnt he just put them on a fx or fox headline?)

world-burn1-e1343094739540.png

Looool.

Social programming? Is that what they are calling education these days?

Derp

What the hell kind of education did you have? Surely you realize that women aren't as good at sports and that's why they are separate in the first fucking place.

Since everyone supporting WMMA are "real fans" and "appreciate all of MMA no matter who is competing", would you also buy a card with a midget division? Dana is experimenting with this to see if it's something he should continue to do in the future and though I'd normally buy it for Hendo/Machida, I'm just going to stream the only fight I want to see for the sake of future cards so Dana gets a realistic idea of Rousey's drawing power.

I'm with TS. Machida/Hendo being aired 30 minutes earlier than I think it should be aired totally ruins the whole card for me! Not to mention that if there's another fight AFTER Dan and Lyoto, then I dont even see the point of them fighting at all.

Exactly. Who gives a flying fuck if Lyoto and Hendo fight 2nd to last or last? They'll still put on a great match to watch (go Lyoto!) and then I can watch Rhonda collect her 7th arm in a complete mismatch.

Everyone and their uncle knows this is just being put as the main event to legitimize WMMA and for Dana to show how committed he is to it. If nothing else it may spark more interest in WMMA from the general public and more top quality talent will rise to the UFC in the next couple of years.

Probably the biggest thing holding back WMMA was the lack of a strong venue. StrikeForce was as good as it got and that wasn't all that great. With the UFC throwing their support for it WMMA athletes have real possibilities of making 6 and 7 figure money for fighting.

Well ignoring your extreme chauvinism, I do agree that it would have made more sense to make it an under card fight, not because women can't be talented at the sport, but rather that at this point in time there is a shallow pool of female fighters. Hopefully seeing there is an opportunity to compete in UFC will attract more talented females to train in MMA.

I'm all for WMMA and having them be the main fight on a card but not this one

a lot of fans are really pissed about this being the main fight and I don't Blame them at all

I'd rather have the possibility of Hendo Machida going 5 rounds then see Rousey win in sixty seconds with an arm bar

I do because they are uneducated.

Hendo/ Machida was always going to be a 3 rounder. Before the Carmouche/ Roussey fight!

Duh!

So all the people bitching about the fight are bitching because of something they didn't know, or because two fights are transposed in the order they happen.

That is just stupid.

If you are all excited about Hendo/ Machida, you still get to see the same DAMN fight you otherwise would have!

Me, I am excited to see both fights.

Yes UFC 157 will be quite "Busty" indeed...:)

dude both of them are pretty flat chested wtf?

Also i will only be buying this card if i can split it with some mates,

I want WMMA to succeed but the level that its at atm it shouldnt be headlining PPV's with actual legends on the card below them.

They should make a fox or fx card out of WMMA title fights first.

Back