UFC 157 Poster with Hendo and Machida!

you don't think it would look sexist if they did that. Plus Dana made it clear when he brought in the lighter weights that the champions would ALWAYS headline unless there was another championship fight at a higher weight class.

Them womens can headline a fuel card. I'm still pissed Barao McDonald is on god damn fuel cause I guess fuck the bantamweights.

F the UFC and Dana for putting this as main event over Machida/Hendo. The poster is an insult.

Hope the card bombs hard.

Fuck that's a good point, forgot about that...and right you are that IS criminal. Should've made Rousey/Dodson co-main just for that reason.

Mark my words..they're going to regret not making Hendo/Dragon 5 rounds when there's no clear winner after 3 rounds....at least in the public's eyes.

Most likely yes. I'm not sure what's more hated around here, the Flyweight division or WMMA being in the UFC.

personally I think its women for now. Over time I think that will change. Personally, I think the percentage of exciting fights is much higher in the female divisions. You very seldom see women leaning on each other against the cage without trying to strike or reverse the position. They also seem to be more active on the ground also. I will admit that many times the striking doesn't look as clean as the men, but the way some of these ladies hit, its still fun to watch.

I think many of them are just against women being in the UFC or against the small weight classes being in the UFC.

Choosing to be "against" allowing woman and lighter weight class fighters the right to compete in the UFC sounds pretty irrational to me.

Don't get me wrong. They're allowed to be irrational...but thankfully they only represent a vocal minority of fans, and not the majority.

Them womens can headline a fuel card. I'm still pissed Barao McDonald is on god damn fuel cause I guess fuck the bantamweights.

I would actually prefer that because I like to watch the women fight and I like it when they put the more exciting fights on free cards. It saves me some money.

You do realize the reason Barao/McDonald is on Fuel is because its an overseas cards. I think the UFC might be starting to realize that its much better to do the PPV events in the US and Canada and do free cards overseas. Why fill up a PPV event with fights that aren't going to catch the interest of the people spending most of the money on PPVs, which is the US and Canada.

Give a dude a bj and he'll be hanging by your nuts. It's as if Dana has been whipped

What makes you guys think Hendo/Machida would go five rounds? someone is getting finished!

Choosing to be "against" allowing woman and lighter weight class fighters the right to compete in the UFC sounds pretty irrational to me.

Don't get me wrong. They're allowed to be irrational...but thankfully they only represent a vocal minority of fans, and not the majority.

I think you are correct about people being against the women being a vocal minority. I'm not so sure about the 125 division. I think Ronda and the 135 lb female division will be a big draw, just don't see the same hope for the flyweight men.

Something also tells me that with the amount of people you see complaining about free cards, that many of the people complaining might not be buying the PPVs anyway. I really don't have any facts to base that off of other than my gut feeling.

Mark my words..they're going to regret not making Hendo/Dragon 5 rounds when there's no clear winner after 3 rounds....at least in the public's eyes.

Mark my words Hendo vs Machida will be a lot better as a 3 round fight. Hendo does not have great cardio and he's coming off a knee injury

Oh and Hendo vs. Shogun would have been a decisive victory for Hendo if it had been 3 rounds but it was 5 and Hendo gassed now there are people who believe Shogun won that fight

Mark my words Hendo vs Machida will be a lot better as a 3 round fight. Hendo does not have great cardio and he's coming off a knee injury

And if Hendo/Shogun was 3 rounds we would have been robbed of a large portion from one of the greatest fights ever.

I think you are correct about people being against the women being a vocal minority. I'm not so sure about the 125 division. I think Ronda and the 135 lb female division will be a big draw, just don't see the same hope for the flyweight men.

Something also tells me that with the amount of people you see complaining about free cards, that many of the people complaining might not be buying the PPVs anyway. I really don't have any facts to base that off of other than my gut feeling.

Both you and Tooth and Nail are missing the point, most of us aren't against women in UFC OR the lighter weight classes. I love BOTH, the women and the lil fellas bring the fight. Most people in here, myself included, have a problem with Machida n Hendo being only co-main and thus only being a 3 rounder. THAT sir is the complaint here.

Of course this is Dana's machinations, with such a strong co-main he will get strong numbers and then he can rant on about how successful the intro of women in the UFC was and how well a card with WOMEN HEADLINING went...BUT we will all know that the great numbers will largely be due to the co-main plain and simple

Henderson vs Machida as co main event is not that bad at all, at least it will last longer than Liz vs Ronda.

Hendo by tko, Ronda by armbar

This is a major insult to Machida and Hendo by putting them in the background.

This card wouldn't sell shit without them, and we all know it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back