UFC 156: Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar Predictions

I'm surprised by the people who think a five round fight will favour Aldo. His best bet is a KO/TKO in the first three rounds. If Frankie is still in the cage with him in later rounds it's going to be a problem for Aldo.

Like he did Florian and Hominick? Two fighters that aren't even in Edgar's class?

Hominick came to fight and got dropped 3-4 times, also had an alien born on his head.
Florian came to hug Aldo against the cage and even got mounted by Aldo when he took it to the ground, lol.

Like he did Florian and Hominick? Two fighters that aren't even in Edgar's class?

No, like he did Mendes, a guy that is a hell of a lot less chinny than Frankie.

BTW, Florian and Hominick aren't exactly soft-jawed either.

Frankie Edgar by UNANIMOUS DECISION.

I want to be on record as the first guy on this thread to call the upset perfectly correct.

Edgar will dominate. Aldo will get taken down, outworked, and outclassed. He will be tired, confused and frustrated by the end.

I agree 100%. People don't seem to realize just how good Frankie really is.

Jersey all day gotta go with Frankie to out pace him take him down repeatedly and get the UD.

Edgar fans are reaching incredible levels of delusion.

Aldo TKO rd 2

If Aldo brings his A game, because you know Frankie will, than I say Aldo takes it. If he comes in to this fight like he did against Hominick, Edgar is going to whoop his ass

Either Jose Aldo gets a finish early or Frankie Edgar wins a decision.

I pick the latter.

I really don't understand anyone doubting Edgar. I'm not saying he's going to win, but to say he has no chance is just insane. If Aldo walks through him though, 155 will have a new champ soon after

If Aldo brings his A game, because you know Frankie will, than I say Aldo takes it. If he comes in to this fight like he did against Hominick, Edgar is going to whoop his ass

If Aldo comes in like he did against Hominick, Edgar will be tko'd. Aldo destroyed Hominick. There was a lot more to the fight than that last round.

I want to be on record as the first guy on this thread to call the upset perfectly correct.

Edgar will dominate. Aldo will get taken down, outworked, and outclassed. He will be tired, confused and frustrated by the end.

This

btw you're not the first , the guy before you said it a minute prior :)

McCall vs Benavidez - Benavidez by U Decision

Fitch vs Maia - Fitch by Split Decision

Overeem vs Silva - Overeem Round 2 KO

Evans vs Nogueira - Evans by U Decision

Aldo vs Edgar - Edgar by Split Decision setting up an immediate rematch

Aldo's doesn't seem like a guy who would lose a UD. Maybe you catch him, but the idea that you go five rounds with him inflicting more damage just doesn't seem realistic. Take the Hominick fight. Sure, it went five rounds and Aldo even lost the 5th, but he had messed Hominick up so much that it really could have been stopped. Same with Faber. After Aldo had him in that crucifix for over 90 secs without the ref stepping in, Aldo just blew off the 5th. The Florian fight was different; Aldo was never in position to finish Kenny. But Aldo was also never in trouble. I think it's fair to say all three also had similar strategies as Edgar has proposed. Keeping up the pace and pressure. Competing with Aldo in striking.

Now consider Edgar. He went five rounds with Henderson twice and I don't think he left a scratch in 10 rounds. He tagged Henderson, even dropped him at least twice I recall, and also scored a few TD's. But never did any damage. Frankie can't take Aldo's belt going five rounds without any evidence that a fight happened.

I have a feeling it's going to be Edgar dancing for 5 rounds to a UD.

Rooting for Aldo via TKO.

Edgar via hardfought decision. Loses first 2, sweeps the last 3.

This or Aldo via TKO (maybe close decision too) - anything can happen here.

Back