UFC 156 is the best card in a long time.

Tony-The-Tiger

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I am drinking at the moment, and that got me excited for the upcoming UFC 156 card. Everyone on the main card is a top 10 fighter, most of them are top 5 or have been at one point.

Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar - for featherweight title: A legitimate superfight; two well-matched champions in their prime going at it for the title. Let's be thankful we get to witness it.

Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira: Rashad's comeback fight from his loss to Jones. Nog's chance for a signature high-ranked UFC victory.

Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Silva: Alistair's chance at for a title shot, and guaranteed destruction either way.

Jon Fitch vs. Demian Maia: Two top-level grapplers at Maia's new weight class. Should be interesting to see if Fitch fights as aggressively as he did against Erick Silva.

Joseph Benavidez vs. Ian McCall: Probably the two favorites to win the flyweight tournament until Mighty Mouse beat them both.

With some of the cards we've seen lately, it's good to have one this stacked from top to bottom. It will be hard for this one to disappoint.

Definitely an amazing card.. Just not sure why you had to mention you were drinking

Yeah, it's a really fantastic card. It's also coming up close enough that it apparently isn't going to be hurt by injuries(hopefully...)

A great card? Yes. In a long time? No. We just had UFC on FOX 5 which was an amazing card as well

Best card in a long time? UFC on Fox 5 was pretty fucking good. 2012 had some really good cards imo.

I'm looking forward to it aswell,I'm going for Aldo,Rashad,Fitch and The reem

In all seriousness awesome card all around. Even the prelims are pretty stacked. Hieron/Woodley and Tibag/Dunham could've easily been on the main card

We're all waiting for the same fight I believe.

One of the very few cards I'm pumped for all fights on the maincard, this doesn't happen very often.

Agreed. Tibau - Dunham on the undercard is also a good fight on that card.

Yes I agree it's a good card. Lets just hope nobody gets injured and so on.

Possibly the most stacked since UFC 100.

100% Anyone sensible should absolutely not be criticizing this card.

Back