UFC 155 salaries: Junior dos Santos leads field with $400,000

1/3 of all that goes to taxes.

At the very least 10% (more like another 1/3) goes to his gym

I bet fighters don't make as much as people think

Well, not 1/3 goes to taxes on that pay. It is like 5.25% in Mass before deduction and maybe 20-25% Federal before deductions that include all his manager's and training fees.
Don't forget guys like Mitt Romney only paid 13% taxes on 30 million dollars of declared income a year!

These numbers are why we have "Broke Fitch" and had "Underpaid Roger Huerta."

Well, not 1/3 goes to taxes on that pay. It is like 5.25% in Mass before deduction and maybe 20-25% Federal before deductions that include all his manager's and training fees.
Don't forget guys like Mitt Romney only paid 13% taxes on 30 million dollars of declared income a year!

Ha! I don't think Lauzon is quite in that tax bracket unless TAPOUT pays a lot more than we thought!!!

Lauzon $27,000?

I make more than that.

I bet at least half of that is gone before he even gets the check

Exactly. And Lauzon a UFC veteran and definitely not a no name guy. USD 27k pre tax and pre expenses is pretty sad (better than 8/8, but 8k to show is just a joke). Its not like any fighter in UFC fights more than 3x a yr (most guys just 2-3x max). But oh well, as long as DW and UFC are making a fortune forthemselves, the Zuffa zombies be happy.

Now I don't feel so bad about JDS, I feel bad about my bank account.
Bet he probably got a million easy with his sponsors.

when the ufc releases these numbers, like duffman's 8+8, they have to understand that most will take the figures literally. those figures are going to be reported, and the company is going to be presumed as cheap. why not disclose other payments then?

i'm inclined to believe that 'behind the scenes' bonuses aren't all they're cracked up to be. the ufc doesn't seem to have a problem dealing in mostly paltry sums (relative to what we think getting one's head caved in should be worth), so lets be honest, they're not going above and beyond with undisclosed payments. fotn/sub/ko bonuses aside, they could throw an 8+8 guy an extra couple of grand and he'll be sweet and say the right things, but the sub total is still very low. dana can say 'well, we give these guys a bunch of money you don't know about' which technically may be true, but it's all relative.

now, these guys know what they're signing up for, and their money is noone elses business really. but the reality is, a vast majority of the ufc roster will be criminally underpaid and therefore should be eager to put on a show to be in with a chance of fotn/sub/ko, and that's just how the ufc wants it.

when the ufc releases these numbers, like duffman's 8+8, they have to understand that most will take the figures literally. those figures are going to be reported, and the company is going to be presumed as cheap. why not disclose other payments then?

i'm inclined to believe that 'behind the scenes' bonuses aren't all they're cracked up to be. the ufc doesn't seem to have a problem dealing in mostly paltry sums (relative to what we think getting one's head caved in should be worth), so lets be honest, they're not going above and beyond with undisclosed payments. fotn/sub/ko bonuses aside, they could throw an 8+8 guy an extra couple of grand and he'll be sweet and say the right things, but the sub total is still very low. dana can say 'well, we give these guys a bunch of money you don't know about' which technically may be true, but it's all relative.

now, these guys know what they're signing up for, and their money is noone elses business really. but the reality is, a vast majority of the ufc roster will be criminally underpaid and therefore should be eager to put on a show to be in with a chance of fotn/sub/ko, and that's just how the ufc wants it.

very much this.

Back