UFC 155 salaries: Junior dos Santos leads field with $400,000

Im surprised at how much JDS makes considering that Brazilian fighters not named Anderson Silva tend to get lowballed.

?

Vitor and Wandy make bank. Shogun makes pretty good money. Largely unknown Brazilians don't get lowballed because they're Brazilians, they get lowballed because they're largely unknown.

How do you know Lauzon isn't at the end of a deal he signed years ago? Your pay doesn't fluctuate every win and loss.

he leads the ufc in all time bonuses

he got another bonus friday

lauzon has like half a million dollars in disclosed bonuses. then theres undisclosed bonuses and sponsorship money. iirc lauzon got like 35k in sponsorship just to headline a fight night card on spike a few years ago. i have no clue how much he gets now

His base will only be higher if he just resigned a new contract. They don't typically sign one fight contracts for every single fight. It's extremely rare for a one fight contract to be made... ala James Toney.

He got enough money to buy 2500 burritos!

DSC00813.jpg

Looks like Sherdog in the background:D

UFC still has these 8k + 8k contracts, what a shame. If loses, 8K pre tax gets you nothing... 8k for 2-3 months of hard work (training, dieting sacrafice, blood and tears, expenses) is just so bad...Not to mention the risk of getting KTFO or arm broken...and any fight could be ur last ...

Wow, even though he was dominated JDS still got twice the reported pay Cain did.

Because he was the champion next time he would not get twice as much as Cain, if they were to fight next which they probably will not I bet they would be the same this time.

Good thing duff got the ko bonus. 8/8 is embarrassing for the UFC.

This. Cant believe how these pro fighters are making such sh*t money compare to how much the UFC and DW makes. With this rate, MMA will never be mainstream as top athletic talents make tens of millions in their 20s participating in soccer, boxing, basketball, tennis, golf, nfl, baseball, etc (not to mention the sponsor $$ in these mainstream sports also dwarf MMA endorsements). And combat sport career life span can be real short and painful...

You should as other MMA org how well they did paying fighters crazy amount of money.

This. Cant believe how these pro fighters are making such sh*t money compare to how much the UFC and DW makes. With this rate, MMA will never be mainstream as top athletic talents make tens of millions in their 20s participating in soccer, boxing, basketball, tennis, golf, nfl, baseball, etc (not to mention the sponsor $$ in these mainstream sports also dwarf MMA endorsements). And combat sport career life span can be real short and painful...

That may be all true but do you see Cain or JDS able to make that money in a mainstream sport form both of these cases I would say no way.

8k to show for the Duff man is pretty piss weak.

That pay is criminally bad for Lauzon.

Seems a little low but if he wins three fights a year, his base salary is over $160k plus everything else.

Dude also has about a bazillion dollars from bonuses... Not so bad for a mid tier LW in a growing but fringe sport.

Love Joe but just being realistic, he is more of a fan favourite than star and I'd be shocked if he isn't clearing $250k a year all up...

Lauzon $27,000?

I make more than that.

I bet at least half of that is gone before he even gets the check

You see from these results "broke" fitch was on to something, in most cases the lower paid fighter won..

he leads the ufc in all time bonuses

he got another bonus friday

lauzon has like half a million dollars in disclosed bonuses. then theres undisclosed bonuses and sponsorship money. iirc lauzon got like 35k in sponsorship just to headline a fight night card on spike a few years ago. i have no clue how much he gets now

1/3 of all that goes to taxes.

At the very least 10% (more like another 1/3) goes to his gym

I bet fighters don't make as much as people think

Joe probably made 160k with bonus and sponsor, but still... give the dude a raise!

Can't comment on the main event, both are getting PPV bonus. Hopefully it was a decent selling card.

In most cases the 8+8 guys get a raise after every win, and if you are 8+8, then you still have to prove that you belong in the UFC. Duff will likely be at least 12+12 in his next. If he can string a few together he could build a name and go up quick.

Those are minimum purse numbers. Guaranteed JDS made more than a million dollars.

200k is "extremely low"?

Kids don't know the value of a dollar these days. Shit.

Over 200 cops in my state made over 200k last year, and they don't have to pay a manager or training expenses. And after 20 years they get 80% of their best 3 years pay average for freaking life!!!

Back