UFC 155 salaries: Junior dos Santos leads field with $400,000

Wow, even though he was dominated JDS still got twice the reported pay Cain did.

Because JDS was the champ and had previously beaten Cain.

Cain's base pay will be higher in his next fight.

Lmao

These are usually my favorite threads

Watching u shertards cry about whether someone else's income is good enough

todd duffee, gettin paid like a shitty zero win tuf outcast who only ever fought on the undercard

young blood, getting paid getting paid

Because JDS was the champ and had previously beaten Cain.

Cain's base pay will be higher in his next fight.

His base will only be higher if he just resigned a new contract. They don't typically sign one fight contracts for every single fight. It's extremely rare for a one fight contract to be made... ala James Toney.

todd duffee, gettin paid like a shitty zero win tuf outcast who only ever fought on the undercard

He got enough money to buy 2500 burritos!

DSC00813.jpg

His base will only be higher if he just resigned a new contract. They don't typically sign one fight contracts for every single fight. It's extremely rare for a one fight contract to be made... ala James Toney.

true but they often have stipulations and bonus pay that only kicks in for winning and defending belts

I'm stunned that Joe only gets 27k per fight. Not even 27k+27k to win. Just a flat and low rate given his skill and contributions to the sport.

He's probably on a five fight contract. So it's not his first. His first contract must have been pretty bad, if he upped it to only 27k, after resigning. Luckily he's gotten some bonuses.

200k is low given that he's a top tier fighter in the HW division of the top MMA org on Earth.

That said, Cain and JDS probably got PPV cuts. PPV cuts add up to millions in some situations. They're why a fighter can get a base pay of 200-400k for a title fight, yet walk with well over 2 million. This has been public knowledge since Couture talked about while trying to negotiate with Dana years back.

Depending on PPV sales, I would bet both fighters got at least a million. Plus sponsors' money. And a $25000 Harley. Not bad.

If that's true, great. Even if it wasn't, who cares. 200k is enough for anybody to live more than comfortably. I'm not feeling bad for any of these guys.

200k is "extremely low"?

Kids don't know the value of a dollar these days. Shit.
A kid at 23. Good for you to play internet gangster though. 100+100k is low when you are a former champion and one of the biggest names in the sport. A sport who supposedly is "neck and neck" with soccer.

How do you know Lauzon isn't at the end of a deal he signed years ago? Your pay doesn't fluctuate every win and loss.

Lauzon has been with the ufc for a long time, I doubt he signed a 10 fight deal or something crazy like that a long time ago. 27K is very low for lauzon imo.

That's looks good, JDS was the champion till the event began... so he needs to receive a big huge of money. BTW, i believe that the fighters get more than this article said.

A kid at 23. Good for you to play internet gangster though. 100+100k is low when you are a former champion and one of the biggest names in the sport. A sport who supposedly is "neck and neck" with soccer.

Lauzon has been with the ufc for a long time, I doubt he signed a 10 fight deal or something crazy like that a long time ago. 27K is very low for lauzon imo.

pretty sure noone ever said the money was the same in mma and soccer.

pretty sure noone ever said the money was the same in mma and soccer.

No but the quote is from Dana White "Soccer and MMA are neck and neck". If they are equally as big, why aren't the money equally as good?

A lot of people complain about fighter pay but how much money do they need? They don't go to Vegas and gamble millions away, they have to be in the gym training all the time anyway.

A lot of people complain about fighter pay but how much money do they need? They don't go to Vegas and gamble millions away, they have to be in the gym training all the time anyway.

don't you know that to be in the gym all that time they need to pay more than an average person's yearly salary.

/sarcasm

$200,000 several times a year is crazy good money, don't pretend they're underpaid. This is purely contracted pay too, not sponsorships and locker room bonuses.

That said, JDS did well in losing after getting a mega bucks contract rather than before it.

Only a fool would think that MMA and soccer were on somewhat even grounds. Soccer is exponentially more popular worldwide than MMA. Soccer generates exponentially more revenue worldwide than MMA.

These fighters signed these contracts. And it is widely known that disclosed pay does not equal total pay for all fighters.

No but the quote is from Dana White "Soccer and MMA are neck and neck". If they are equally as big, why aren't the money equally as good?

Because you are taking a stupid quote and turning it into a stupid question.

Mma isn't as big, and there's not as much money, and of course dana white knows this. Chalk it up to one dumb comment instead of asking why jds doesn't make 30m.

Back