UFC 155 - Cain Velasquez: Easy to Hit

jack slack? nah, hes a columnist / analyst

also, i think my man tonycpa was just promoting a book he liked, not for any personal interest, at least thats how it seems here

jack does have a book, he peddles it after every article, i thought thats why they deleted

Yep. I also got an angry one from a Vitor fan after I wrote a piece on the weaknesses of Vitor Belfort saying that Jon Jones still had time to read it :icon_lol:

Lol.

So far I've only read your reviews of fighter's striking techniques, but if you haven't done it yet, you should write previews of upcoming fights (at least the main events).

jack does have a book, he peddles it after every article, i thought thats why they deleted

It was more to do with the fact that I can't reproduce whole BE articles, so I included half and then a link - as TS did in this thread. Completely understandable - linking to outside content if you wrote it is pretty much against the rules. Most mods didn't mind but one of them got some pressure from the .com side or something.

I try not to push my book too heavily on people so I just leave it at the end of every article I write with my facebook, twitter and so on.

It was more to do with the fact that I can't reproduce whole BE articles, so I included half and then a link - as TS did in this thread. Completely understandable - linking to outside content if you wrote it is pretty much against the rules. Most mods didn't mind but one of them got some pressure from the .com side or something.

I try not to push my book too heavily on people so I just leave it at the end of every article I write with my facebook, twitter and so on.

ahhhhh, thats too bad man. stick around!

TheStrikingGuy, what is opinion of Korean Zombie? I know some people think he's just a brawler but I think he's very good at setting up his strikes and setting up takedowns/trips with them. I know he's not the most technical but he seems to put everything together well and besides his lack of head movement I think he's a very good striker.

If Jack Slack says Cain is easy to hit, we can imagine what Junior and his boxing coach think about Cain....
hahahaha, junior by KO for sure

I love you strikingguy, keep making articles forever. One day maybe you can break down all the things I do wrong.

Hey just had to say I'm a huge fan of your articles here and on BE! You've really helped me pick up on a lot of the nuances in striking that I miss in live fights and you have the most in depth striking analysis I've seen anywhere

very good article

i think Cain will be overmotivated and will run into a punch again.

TheStrikingGuy, what is opinion of Korean Zombie? I know some people think he's just a brawler but I think he's very good at setting up his strikes and setting up takedowns/trips with them. I know he's not the most technical but he seems to put everything together well and besides his lack of head movement I think he's a very good striker.

He has good power and some nice counters - but he is constantly ducking his head low. Has to watch out for knees, kicks and uppercuts from the upper tier of opponents, but he can certainly hold his own if he avoids going into zombie mode.

He has good power and some nice counters - but he is constantly ducking his head low. Has to watch out for knees, kicks and uppercuts from the upper tier of opponents, but he can certainly hold his own if he avoids going into zombie mode.

So what is your gut feeling Strking Guy? Who is going to take it?

Let me clarify Striking Guy, I meant JDS vs Cain 2, what is your gut feeling?

If Cain can find a way of moving to the clinch without leaving so many openings and does it consistently when JDS shakes him off, he can slow JDS down and stop him I imagine.

Unfortunately I feel like Cain only has a striking mode and a wrestling mode in the stand up - he isn't great at bridging the gap.

But I never like to make predictions - only predictable fighters have predictable fights.

Back