UFC 155 - Cain Velasquez: Easy to Hit

Is this the striking guy, or something like that? Can't believe the mods chased away a great poster... SMH

Is this the striking guy, or something like that? Can't believe the mods chased away a great poster... SMH

Yeah, this is him. And it sucks, because his articles were some of the best things on this board.

As for the article, he knows his stuff and I've agreed with him about Cain's striking from watching his fights with Rothwell, Nog, and Lesnar.

They chased away striking guy? I loved that dude's posts and always wondered why no one offered him a job writing articles instead of forums.

Also war JDS

jack makes the best articles.

Once he tells you about something, you can't help but see it cause he only deals in facts. Cain does almost always come in with his head straight up.

You're supposed to move your head with the punch, cain keeps his straight up

If you're comparing Cain's chin to someone like Arlovski that's stupid.

I swear, these boards are full of unrealistic kids. Heavyweights hit fuckin hard. Just because a guy doesn't absorb damage like Rothwell or Nelson, he has a "Glass chin".

"Not being able to take a punch". Did you even read the article.

Well, he's not able to take a lot of the punches that he allows himself to take, and doing that on a regular basis rather than developing good defense is likely to earn him a glass jaw.

Great article, rooting for Cain even though I'm a fan of both, hope Cain takes it though, no doubt his best bet is taking it down, unfortunately I think if he is unable to early, he needs to hope his stand up has improved greatly enough to hang with Junior till at least the third round where he will be a bit tired and might make it easier for Cain to get it down. Fight is only a week away, guess we'll find out soon enough, hopefully no one has any last second injuries.

Yeah, this is him. And it sucks, because his articles were some of the best things on this board.

As for the article, he knows his stuff and I've agreed with him about Cain's striking from watching his fights with Rothwell, Nog, and Lesnar.

He was chased away? Wow... that's a real shame.

Did he (or they) care to say why?

Jack explained, he linked his articles here but sometimes he posted them entirely, and he writes for BE, they pay him for that. Sherdog wanted no issue with copyright, and if iirc BE also warned him about it, that's why he doesn't post his articles here anymore. It's the same shit that happened with ZP, but he was a drama queen and was banned.

Well, this myth about Cain being an elite kickboxer sure will continue even if he is KO'd again, I'm sure.

Hey guys, I'm still about! Been hanging out in the Striking and Grappling forums lately.

Crazy to see some of my stuff posted =) I think the best way for me to deal with the issue is just to let other folks post my stuff on here if they like it.

This piece has blown up like crazy so please do continue to share it with your friends =) Analysis is the most important aspect of MMA journalism and anyone I can get into it is a bonus!

Hey guys, I'm still about! Been hanging out in the Striking and Grappling forums lately.

Crazy to see some of my stuff posted =) I think the best way for me to deal with the issue is just to let other folks post my stuff on here if they like it.

This piece has blown up like crazy so please do continue to share it with your friends =) Analysis is the most important aspect of MMA journalism and anyone I can get into it is a bonus!

Awesome man! I'm glad your still around! I enjoy reading all your articles but I also find it entertaining when butt hurt fans get all mad at one of your articles (for example your diaz-condit article).

I guess i'll gave to go over to the striking and grappling forums more often lol. Personally, I can't wait for your article about JDS' uppercut, or his entry on killing the king.

Awesome man! I'm glad your still around! I enjoy reading all your articles but I also find it entertaining when butt hurt fans get all mad at one of your articles (for example your diaz-condit article).

After the Penn piece where I basically said that he couldn't check low kicks or take body shots well I got some angry emails about how I'd helped Rory win! :icon_lol:

I guess i'll gave to go over to the striking and grappling forums more often lol. Personally, I can't wait for your article about JDS' uppercut, or his entry on killing the king.

Killing the King should be out later in the week. I completely forgot I promised to write the JDS uppercut piece! :redface:

Absolutely love your pieces, StrikingGuy. Your material is, together with Judo Chop, my favorite read on Bloody Elbow. Keep up the good work!

Great article.

I what was posted about a mod deleting Jack Slack's threads was true, it's good they're trying to make the board better :rolleyes:

Great work Jack! Makes me appreciate the striking alot more coming from a grappling background.

Back