UFC 151: Jones vs Hendo - if and how?

ROYALflush

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
my first post here :)

this is a fight i've been wondering about since the cancellation of the event.

Jon Jones vs Dan Henderson

obviously Jones would have stacked odds against Hendo like he does with all his opponents but realistically, what do you think the outcome would've been like?

Dan KTFO for the first time? Submitted? or a decision fight?

or you think Jones could have been dethroned that night? I mean Dan's been in the game forever and has probably one of the best resumes in all of MMA. All it takes is one H-Bomb to go to sleep like Wanderlei and Bisping.

Let's hear it.

Jones by whatever other than a flat out KO, maybe a TKO though.

We now know Jones has a chin so that makes it harder for Henderson. I don't see how he can win, although I wouldn't count him out.

Jones via tko with some heavy GNP

We still could see it if any injuries occur and if hendo beats vitor

Kind of think it's good for Hendo's legacy that the fight didn't happen. He's a legend, but I think Jones would have stopped him super easily with elbows from mount. As mentioned, Hendo has no bottom game and Jones would take him down super quick just to avoid the possibility of the H-bomb.

Like a dad beating on his step child.

I think Hendo vs Fedor was an even worst match up for Dan but even the GOAT went nighty-night there for a sec.

Not saying Hendo would win, but I don't think Bones would've finished him either. Dan has fought some of the baddest dudes one after another and he's put on some legendary fights throughout his career.

IMO, Shogun/Hendo > Fedor/Cro Cop

Jones would've picked Hendo apart and got him down and finished him late in the fight. Maybe a gnp TKO but more likely a RNC

i could see jones winning by tko, submission or decisions... dans only chance would be to connect with an h bomb...i dont think hendo will make it past vitor next month..

Hendo was getting submitted most likely. Hendo thrives against bigger fighters so it wouldn't surprise me seeing him knocking out Jones.

if that fight happened i hope lands that h-bomb on jones but i think jones would go for takedowns and hellbows and win

It would have been Hendo's one last chance for glory. If he had somehow managed to win Hendo IMO would have been the GOAT. Hendo had a really short reach but as Gus proved an iron chin could help you get close to Jones. Then again Gus had a much longer reach and is obviously much quicker but with Hendo one good shot would be all he needed. Jones probably would have won but the H-Bomb leaves a little trace of what might have been over this fight.

Mounted crucifix leads to Hendo being stopped by strikes for the first time.

Back