Media UFC 12 - Full Event...throwback to the early days

vgff

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

In 1997, UFC 12 was to take place in Buffalo, but a day prior, New York state changed its laws to effectively ban MMA. UFC 12 needed a new home, in a new state, on 24 hours notice.

Class tank Abbott commentating and joe Rogan first appearance also I believe

Hot damn, 1:11:11, that guy with the caved in right breast side. Against Vitor as well

Tank was such an egotistical commentator, one of the worst p4p. I know he was the heel bad guy of the day so I don't take too much away from the guy.

I still rate him one of the worst "legends" of all time, still an important man in MMA.

Tank was such an egotistical commentator, one of the worst p4p. I know he was the heel bad guy of the day so I don't take too much away from the guy.

I still rate him one of the worst "legends" of all time, still an important man in MMA.

Tank was the OG trash talker. So much funnier and smoother than someone like Ben Askren.

Dang, I just looked up Takashi and his last fight was 2018! 30-28-3 record, with a nice win streak in the early 2000s. He's been KO'd/TKO'd way too many times, though....probably a CTE case.

20 years later it's kinda funny to see Coleman abandon full mount for a headlock.

An early Classic right here..

I would like to see them posting more oldschool events...

The atmosphere and vibe was so special back then. The 90's period was just an amazing era for everything.

Bohlander was a fucking G!

...even fought Scott Ferrozzo and Goodridge at UFC8...

I think Ferrozzo must have outweighing him by 150lbs or so...and Gary by like 50

Im at work and nothing better to do so will watch this classic. Thanks TS

{<redford}

Bohlander was a fucking G!

...even fought Scott Ferrozzo and Goodridge at UFC8...

I think Ferrozzo must have outweighing him by 150lbs or so...and Gary by like 50

And today we say fighters are amazing for taking a fight on 3 month's notice against someone in their weight class. Bohlander retired relatively early and went into law enforcement. Probably a good move for his health's sake. He was a stud for his era, but it was tough to keep up with the evolution of the sport and younger guys who came in the early 2000s. His teammate Guy Metzger kept fighting but he carries the wear-n-tear.

And today we say fighters are amazing for taking a fight on 3 month's notice against someone in their weight class. Bohlander retired relatively early and went into law enforcement. Probably a good move for his health's sake. He was a stud for his era, but it was tough to keep up with the evolution of the sport and younger guys who came in the early 2000s. His teammate Guy Metzger kept fighting but he carries the wear-n-tear.
...today we are also amazed when somebody moves up in weight...like 10lbs...which is like OMG!...WOW!

...or he missed weight by 3 pounds!...this is not fair!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back