ufc 118 standup edition-what say you

devante

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
edgar/penn-

couture/toney

florian/maynard

in the case of edgar/penn can edgar duplicate his success; will bj adjust, can frankie do anything to clearly beat or stop penn...

couture/toney, can couture put any work in on the feet or will it be shoot/clinch all night long; i figure at some point he gotta put them hands up, esp if james can control, get back up from or defend the takedown.

maynard/florian-florian has been dismantling cats can he do it to the bully; who has shown a bit more cleaner boxing a dedication to the body and some solid power.

Well edgar is just moving around and does not impress me that much with his boxing and his power , i hope penn will be more agressive and takes frankie down and submit him. Penn by submission 3rd round

On the feet randy has nothing to offer but i'm not sure if randy needs to throw punches to get a clinch on toney, Toney is not known for his fast footwork and moving around so i think this will be a easy one for randy. Randy by tko 1st round

Florian will bully maynard with jabs and kicks , against diaz i was not impressed with maynards boxing he had a hard time to react on a jab. I'd say florian by submission 2 round

Well edgar is just moving around and does not impress me that much with his boxing and his power , i hope penn will be more agressive and takes frankie down and submit him. Penn by submission 3rd round

On the feet randy has nothing to offer but i'm not sure if randy needs to throw punches to get a clinch on toney, Toney is not known for his fast footwork and moving around so i think this will be a easy one for randy. Randy by tko 1st round

Florian will bully maynard with jabs and kicks , against diaz i was not impressed with maynards boxing he had a hard time to react on a jab. I'd say florian by submission 2 round

i agree with the first two and most of the third. i think penn will come in hungry and really bring it to frankie. that being said, i think frankie will expect that and i hope it doesnt play right into his hands.

with toney, you are right. every boxing match i see him in he is content to sit in the pocket. this will NOT do in mma especially against randy couture so i hope he uses a different approach and uses boxing footwork. he may not be known for his footwork in boxing, but in MMA im sure he is good enough to circle randy all night and that is exactly what he needs to do. he needs to pepper him with jabs, keep moving, not throw a single kick, and get ready to defend that take down. randy will be bull rushing him every chance he gets

with florian maynard, however, i see florian getting the better of it on the feet and i see maynard giving that up and going for the take down. that is where it will get interesting. can he take florian down? id say so but what will he do when he gets it down there? id give florian the edge on the ground and prolly see him coming up with a sub

Randy should be able to get the TD and work him over from there. Maybe a stoppage from strikes from mount or crucifix?

BJ is going to bring it i.e. impose his will. I just do not see Edgar being able to repeat his last performance.

Kenny's elbows are edged weapons, this could be a bloody mess. Kenny has not lost to anyone not named BJ Penn in 4 yrs, and that should still be true after this fight. KenFlo via sub, as is his usual M.O.

I'm calling Toney for the upset :) As for Edgar/Penn, I still need to watch their first fight LOL.

Back