ufc 116-petruzelli bonnar sozynski schaub leben akiyama carwin

devante

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
thoughts on their standup, some guys had some real impressive exhibitions of striking physically techniclly strategically; what do you think of their performances and their striking in general

You know what.

Why is it that both 115 and 116 had only a couple of elite wrestlers and turned out to be the most entertaining cards this year.

seth, seemed to be clearly winning the fight(but then again I was t bdubs so I couldnt really hear Rogan) but either got tired or just became jackass and ended up getting beat.

Bonnar and sozyski was a good rematch I was rooting for Bonnar tough MOFO's

Schaub-he was kinda fed a can but it's good i like to see him come up and would like to see him and nelson rematch. Was that guy he fought in the punisher as the big giant dude?

sexyiama I was rooting for but damn asian fighters can't seem to get wins for the life of them kinda sad. I know theres some over there that can whoop ass and even hold a belt

Carwin looked badass in the first making the B.S.B.P(badest son of a bitch on the planet) look like a bitch covering in fetal position.Although Carwin surely didn't train for any submission like brock didn't train for any stand up.;)

and why did you leave the black guys out? although one had a shitty style and the other looked like an old black nerdy guy with sideburns.
i'm not sure of the names

hey but good job creating thread that wasn't focused on Brock or Carwin.

Leben and Bonnar impressed the hell outta me

I am going to say the pre event fights on VS. were in general much better than the card fights. The Harris pre event fight was a classic boxer vs. wrestler match-up. Great striking by the boxer, till he moroned and jumped guard, that lost him the fight by knockout via a slam.

On the car, though I think the Leben fight was the best.

Last edited:
I think Akiyama gasses partly because he fights way bigger guys - why that guy can't go to 170 is beyond me.

Back