News UFC’s celebrity investors gets a $300M dividend

is this the reason why the UFC will never go public?

sorry for questi, but i know shit About this stuff … lol

"Going public" is a way to raise capital (or allow early investors to cash out). If you're printing money as a private company, there's no reason to go public.

They've got guaranteed money on ESPN plus they just did a McGregor PPV. The deal with ESPN is worth $1.5billion.
I mean the ESPN+ deal runs to 2025, so that's only $300 million a year and it replaces their previous PPV revenue.

And "worth $1.5 billion" is an extrapolation based on estimated PPV buys from what I understand. I don't think ESPN+ is paying them $1.5 billion straight up. So if they do disappointing numbers, then they won't get that 1.5 billion.

From what I've been hearing, their PPV numbers are down by 50% or more on ESPN+. So that means that last year they could have made as little as $150 million from ESPN+, which is extremely disappointing for them. And that makes giving investors a $300M dividend look bad.

Lets waste money on something that cannot be bought, but we are to disconnected from reality to realize.

Failure to unionize, not realising lack of personal sponsorships and relying on Reebok is a huge mistake in which the fighters are at fault. They could've gone to other organisations (Rizin, Bellator, One FC, PFL) which allows their own sponsors for better pay towards fighter in addition to their show money.

Investors = $300 mill
Fighters = $150 mill and a reebok 50% coupon

Failure to unionize, not realising lack of personal sponsorships and relying on Reebok is a huge mistake in which the fighters are at fault. They could've gone to other organisations (Rizin, Bellator, One FC, PFL) which allows their own sponsors for better pay towards fighter in addition to their show money.

ifwwe and boxing cant do it mma wont.

also gsp tried to start a union and he came crawling back to the ufc after it failed.

nothing is stopping any fighter from getting any sponsorship deal nothing at all.

bellator doesnt pay better when prelim fighters are still making 1500.

Ponzi schemes dole some $ out to entice others. But UFC cash seems on so they might be able to afford. A downturn could put pressure on the high debt maintenance. Coronavirus, CTE, Conor losing, etc...

Sometimes when you have nothing and hungry you will take those table scraps.
If you're already hungry you'd be better off to stay hungry for a bit longer and sort this shit out
Strength in numbers the dumb bastards
They could get medical paid for and a decent wage at least for putting their life on the line.
Fights should be a minimum of 50 grand...if it's a shitty fight and you're a shitty figter u won't last long so it's not like you are constantly paying for crap, that would weed it's way out, you'd be left with good talent on decent coin....everyone wins

I'm assuming this is based on a % of profit that they promised to investors. Probably would be illegal to not pay them out. That's how investment works...

Other peoples salaries are none of my business. I don't get why so many people concern themselves with this. Nobody is forcing these people to fight.

UFC Shills on Sherdog will actually defend this.
Anyone in the UFC's position would do the same thing, even you. The whole point of business is to maximize profit, not taking the moral road, especially for big ones like the UFC.

It's a lot easier to have a players union in team sports than it is in individual sports.
That's true. It would a substiantal number of top earners to make this change happen, but just like the bosses they only care about their own income.

That's true. It would a substiantal number of top earners to make this change happen, but just like the bosses they only care about their own income.

It won't work for the same reason a boxer's union never worked for decades when it was a far more popular sport. In the end, it would be about those on top making money having to work and sacrifice their own interests to protect the unpopular and boring boxers.

And who would qualify for what would be a big deal. Anyone who gets a pro MMA license (very easy to do) would qualify for the union? A certain number of UFC fights and so on. It would be very complicated.

Breaking News: Owners of company make more money than random people that work for them.

More at 11

It won't work for the same reason a boxer's union never worked for decades when it was a far more popular sport. In the end, it would be about those on top making money having to work and sacrifice their own interests to protect the unpopular and boring boxers.

And who would qualify for what would be a big deal. Anyone who gets a pro MMA license (very easy to do) would qualify for the union? A certain number of UFC fights and so on. It would be very complicated.
I guess the biggest problem with the model is that fighters despite being independent contractors are tied to exclusive contracts.
Tennis, golf are not team sports either but a large number of good players make a great deal of money from tournaments, without any unions (to my knowledge).
A strong competitive promotion is the best solution to fighter pay.

Back