News UFC’s celebrity investors gets a $300M dividend

These celebrities risked everything to finance this venture they should get their just rewards over some uneducated bums doing manual labor. I wouldn't expect a butcher to pay the cows.
<{yearp}>

All this shows is that fighters are fine with the table scraps they are allowed.
Sometimes when you have nothing and hungry you will take those table scraps.

UFC Shills on Sherdog will actually defend this.

Defend from what? There's no charge here. I do think the sports management companies and agents should have to answer for being poor negotiators relative to the unionized sports, but that's not really wrong, it's just poor job performance.

For my part, I don't like to give away more than I have to for things. Maybe you're the type who would prefer Damir Hadzovic have your money regardless even if he's not asking for it, but I personally would prefer I have my money. So even though Marky Mark is rich AF, I can't really blame him if he'd rather he keep his dividend than give it to a dude who's not even negotiating for it.

Ben Afflick getting paid more than conor by the UFC would put the Conor financial supporters on suicide watch

It's past time for a full blown revolt by the fighters.

Doesn't make sense to compare MMA to NBA. Compare it to tennis or something. Apples to oranges from a business perspective.

The very virtue signalling c**ts that would be outraged if bankers did this kind of thing. Dont hold your breath on an emotionally charged speech at the Oscars on these poor fighters getting their brains bashed in for high profile 1%ers to make profit

https://nypost.com/2020/02/13/ufcs-celebrity-investors-have-a-chokehold-on-300m-dividend/

The mixed martial arts giant has approved a massive $300 million dividend to UFC’s investors — a star-studded list that includes Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron, Gisele Bündchen, Ben Affleck and tennis stars Serena and Venus Williams, sources said.

Sources tell The Post UFC’s fighters cost the Las Vegas promotions company less than $150 million last year — or under 16 percent of its $900 million in revenue. By contrast, Major League Baseball, the National Basketball Association and the National Football League all share between 48 percent and 50 percent of revenues with their players, data shows.

Experts say UFC could give up ground if it can’t continue to invest heavily in Asia, make meaningful acquisitions or expand into other areas, like boxing.

But Shapiro tells The Post that there are no plans to move into boxing — and he nixed recent reports that Endeavor might spin off UFC or sell shares of the MMA organization to the public through an initial stock offering.

“We never had any plans to go public. The UFC is a major and valuable interest in Endeavor. It is not in our interest to spin it off or IPO,” he said.

That jibes with what sources have told The Post — namely, that Emanuel doesn’t want to lose his cash-cow UFC business to an IPO or spinoff.

“Ari is adamantly against UFC going public. Endeavor wouldn’t be worth as much,” the source said before adding that they also “don’t want the fighters to know exactly how profitable the UFC is.”

what the news here that owners of a company are getting money from a company they invested in. wow who knew that what happenes.

next you gone post what investers are getting from amazon.

UFC Shills on Sherdog will actually defend this.

what the news here that owners of a company are getting money from a company they invested in. wow who knew that what happenes.

read the specific part I quoted you imbecile

This should boost Charlize Theron's eligibility on the dating market. At 40, she's no spring chicken.

Funny you mention about Eric, because he seemed to be very inactive on social media but recently he posted a new pic of himself, he is looking great!!, can't wait to see how he develops on his young mixed martial arts career

thumbnail

images

Some recent pics of Silva, I wish him well, he is still very raw but is developing very well the young boy

Quite funny you mention about Eric, what were the chances we had the same thought, because I was just about to mention he seemed to be very inactive on social media, but recently he posted a new pic of himself, he is looking great!!, can't wait to see how he develops on his young mixed martial arts career

thumbnail

images

Some recent pics of Silva, I wish him well, he is still very raw but is developing very well the young boy!

Erick Silva will be champ by 2030
I don't think they should push him too quickly, thats only 10 years, he needs time to develop and come up slowly. He is still too young.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/13/ufcs-celebrity-investors-have-a-chokehold-on-300m-dividend/

The mixed martial arts giant has approved a massive $300 million dividend to UFC’s investors — a star-studded list that includes Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron, Gisele Bündchen, Ben Affleck and tennis stars Serena and Venus Williams, sources said.

Sources tell The Post UFC’s fighters cost the Las Vegas promotions company less than $150 million last year — or under 16 percent of its $900 million in revenue. By contrast, Major League Baseball, the National Basketball Association and the National Football League all share between 48 percent and 50 percent of revenues with their players, data shows.

Experts say UFC could give up ground if it can’t continue to invest heavily in Asia, make meaningful acquisitions or expand into other areas, like boxing.

But Shapiro tells The Post that there are no plans to move into boxing — and he nixed recent reports that Endeavor might spin off UFC or sell shares of the MMA organization to the public through an initial stock offering.

“We never had any plans to go public. The UFC is a major and valuable interest in Endeavor. It is not in our interest to spin it off or IPO,” he said.

That jibes with what sources have told The Post — namely, that Emanuel doesn’t want to lose his cash-cow UFC business to an IPO or spinoff.

“Ari is adamantly against UFC going public. Endeavor wouldn’t be worth as much,” the source said before adding that they also “don’t want the fighters to know exactly how profitable the UFC is.”

It's awesome to see how the sausage gets made under capitalism. And get insight into the amount of "hard work" the 1% puts in in order to possess more wealth than the bottom 90% combined. It creates more Bernie supporters.

Not a shill but the fighters are doing it to themselves
Those leagues both have a players union, the orgs. didn't just give em that split coz they're super nice people...They'd be doing the same thing the UFC are doing if they could

Individual combat sports will never have unions.

There is no incentive for the top performers and earners to give their opponents any advantage.

Cant help but love this. Investors are getting paid. Fighters are making more than ever. They're having more events than ever so that means more staff is needed for said events at different locations. They're having cards in new places, spreading the sport, and the money.

Love it.

Back