1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Ubuntu In Talks With Dell, HP and ASUS And Others For Linux Tablets

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by NetGeek, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Ninjutsu Master Purple Belt

If apps like that are available for android phones, then it should work on your android tablet.

The iPad 4 has a very high resolution so of course your graphics are going to be shit, however Apple's implementation of the PowerVR SGX 554 GPU offers up similar compute ability to the Nvidia Geforce 310m (about 3-3.5 years old). RIGHT NOW, you aren't going to get graphics like on a PS3 but the hardware is just starting to come out and developers have been targeting older platforms like the iPad 2. Nvidia expects that by the end of this year tablets should match the graphics of PS3/Xbox360. I have a Google Nexus 4 with a Qualcomm S4 Pro SoC and if you look up Qualcomm's demo of the chip you'll see that it offers graphics similar to the first batch of PS3 games.

It's not exactly the same kernel, Android uses a heavily modified version of the linux kernel.

2. Ninjutsu Master Purple Belt

3. xcvbn Gold Belt

The more the merrier

4. NetGeek Occupying Sherdog

Real life how is that I would not know?:)

5. bubkusjones Brown Belt

Yeah, but you could do the same thing with OSX or Windows (if they're not familiar with either).

If you've never seen OSX before and have only ever used Windows, it'd be pretty jarring to figure out how to use OSX. Hell, same could be said for switching between the versions of Windows.

I'm intrigued about this. I like Linux, and use it as my primary OS.

6. weed ベルセルク

that video is fucking amazing

7. BoogerDawson Red Belt

I like Ubuntu and used 10.04 on one of my computers. I hope they become more mainstream. Unfortunately, the average user has never heard of it. Most people just know Windows and Mac OS.