UberEats Customers Are Forcing a Driver to Be Homeless

Don’t feel sorry for him at all. He’s probably gonna be richer than me in few hours from donations.

Who the fuck doesn't tip?
ItaMap.GIF

<RomeroSalute>

I don't do the UberEats but because yall don't tip, this driver is about to be homeless.

Cliffs; driver said he had to pay 3 dollars for parking and only got a 1 dollar fifty tip and now is gonna be homeless cause it's not enough to pay his rent.

Holy shit this is obviously misleading for those that don't know how UberEats works.

I'm an UberEats driver in my spare time. I made over $600 last week alone due to people not wanting to go out in the extreme cold here in Kansas.

First, every UberEats driver is a private contractor. We don't get an hourly wage, we get paid based on the amount of trips we get (based on how far we have to travel) and a tip. We can work as much or as little as we want. No required hours to work.

Second, in the app we can accept or deny trips for any reason. I usually deny trips based on the lack of a fare and tip being under $1 for every mile I have to drive, or if its not a place I like to pick up at (cheap fast food places OR places notorious for not having the orders ready when I arrive), or if its an area of town I don't want to drive to... mostly because the chances will be low I'll be able to get a trip out of to deliver somewhere else.

Again, you see an estimate for how much you'll make for each trip before you accept or deny it.

So, to that weepy crybaby that made the tic-toc, I hope he's enjoying all the attention he's getting. But putting the blame on Uber or customers not tipping is bullshit. He shouldn't have accepted the trip to begin with.

Oh look, that same supposed UberEats driver has been featured in this politically-charged piece implying Uber, Grubhub, etc are taking advantage of their drivers. :rolleyes:

Its implying legislation is needed to force Uber, Grubhub, etc to pay drivers more and with benefits.

Reality check - most drivers don't do it full time, or part time, its mostly spare-time. There's no need for benefits to be paid to everybody or actually anybody.
Drivers are private contractors, not employees.

The costs to pay for benefits of that cost would drive UberEats & Grubhub out of business with the insane cost increases for deliveries.... MOST of which already goes to the driver.

My bullshit detector is going wild. This isn't the first time a whiney bitch has complained about delivery services but this is the first time I've seen it go this viral.

Ubereats is pretty damn expensive in my country, most of my orders come in well over 25-30 bucks, if it comes in at a decent price I'll tip or if the delivery driver was exceptionally good at their job.
an 11 dollars mcdonalds order ends up costing like 30 bucks where I live if I have to tip.

Who the fuck doesn't tip? Can he not refuse to take the order? I always tip online when I place the order. And very generously since Covid.

I stopped tipping a driver when he refused to come inside my apartment complex, so I had to walk down a few set of stairs and go outside in a robe and some pajamas.

Aside from that, I tip.

With that said, firstly, Uber needs to sort out their wages, and he needs to sort his life out by getting a job that doesn't require tip to survive, and that's coming from someone who used to be on minimum wage.

an 11 dollars mcdonalds order ends up costing like 30 bucks where I live if I have to tip.

I used to spend around £17 for me and my partner, but for the McDonalds that it about 1.2 miles away, it's £3.99 delivery fee.

I used to tip 10% on the app, but then the driver refused to come up to my door, not even to leave the meals outside, so I didn't tip the last time, and I don't see myself ordering from there again.

Who the fuck doesn't tip? Can he not refuse to take the order? I always tip online when I place the order. And very generously since Covid.

Uber is cut throat, if a driver refuses a service they will diminish leads to that drivers. Delivery apps are just as bad, they force people to work certain hours, to stay at certain places and so forth.

Fuck these guys, I always take taxis when I need.

With the bullshit "expected" tip, delivery fee, and above and beyond normal taxes (with hidden fees), Uber Eats and Grub Hub are basically scams. I once tried to order a meal from Chipotle, just to try out the service, and my $8.50 meal was at like $19.00 before I knew it. So I said fuck this shit and just drove there myself. What a joke that was.

As for this specific thread, lol at people who expect tips. And for the guy who thinks he's gonna be homeless, maybe he should find another job?

Last edited:
Fuck all this app delivery bullshit. Adds nothing to the world but makes the food cost twice as much. What the fuck is wrong with people?

It works fine in Asia. Delivery is free for most restaurants, or the delivery cost is like 0.30 cents.

There are people so fucking lazy where I live that they use Skip the Dishes to order their food from places that already deliver. Panago for example. You can order and pay online when ordering Panago and Panago will deliver your pizza to you. Yet people use Skip to order it for reasons I cannot begin to comprehend.

It works fine in Asia. Delivery is free for most restaurants, or the delivery cost is like 0.30 cents.

The ones in america increase the menu prices 10%, charge like $3.50 in services fees, and then tip is like $5. The only upside is doordash has good customer service. I've gotten the full price of a $30 meal back because it was "late" and I didn't even do anything to prompt that.

Back