Economy U.S. Motor Gasoline Consumption Forecasted To Approach Record Levels This Summer

Mostly taxes here in Canada too but prices still skyrocket in the summer.
Well like you said before, it all reverts back to government theft.. although the station collusion has bit to do with the demand thing.

But historically it's been pretty wild over the past couple years. Aside from taxes, in the US it's been so up and down you gotta wonder why they aren't controlling the supply better to try to keep cost down.

$3.15 in Cali -- stop yo' bitchin. I remember when it was $5 a gallon in cheap states and like $6 a gallon in Cali. Like 15 YEARS ago, so that'd be $6 and $7 a gallon now with inflation. Fucking republicans just had to invade Iraq.
Well it's $4 now.. that's my point. 68 cents in a matter of weeks. It'll be interesting to see if that drops significantly, especially with a new gas tax on horizon.

I was in New Mexico in January and bought regular gas for $1.87. I'm sure it's well over $2 now, but it tells you how much they like to bleed people here. It's no better in Illinois/Chicago either.

Up here you can count on all oil companies to raise the prices at the pump ahead of a long weekend. They always come up with narratives, but it's a well established price gouging scheme.

Well it's $4 now.. that's my point. 68 cents in a matter of weeks. It'll be interesting to see if that drops significantly, especially with a new gas tax on horizon.

I was in New Mexico in January and bought regular gas for $1.87. I'm sure it's well over $2 now, but it tells you how much they like to bleed people here. It's no better in Illinois/Chicago either.

It's over 2.38 here in el paso

Its such BS. I live in WA and AK, so we have similar if not higher prices than CA. Were approaching $4 a gallon here near Seattle. Its also because there some refinery issue. We have a refinery here within 50 miles, that hasn't such down in years. There are endless miles long trains with Oil coming from North Dakota in, and it almost all gets loaded up on oil tankers, and sent to Asia. USA is the leading Oil Producer now, so why are our prices shooting up?
Issue is US producers don't set rates it's the speculators who are driving it up. Speculators buy ahead of production rate cuts to lock up price. Hold their position then release it when rates climb up holding on to it forcing rapid up swings in value. When OPEC cuts production it drives up value even more. The US recently cut reserve levels by releasing some of it to drive down prices.

It's well over $4 where I live in Ca. That's close to double the national average. As much as I love Ca, stuff like this makes me want to move.

It's well over $4 where I live in Ca. That's close to double the national average. As much as I love Ca, stuff like this makes me want to move.
I've been on that Costco time for a while. At least it's only 3.69 there. Although putting premium in my car, I paid 3.89 last time. Funny thing is, premium in Illinois is still a lot more than here. For some reason they charge a dollar more a gallon than regular whereas here it's only about a quarter more.

I've been on that Costco time for a while. At least it's only 3.69 there. Although putting premium in my car, I paid 3.89 last time. Funny thing is, premium in Illinois is still a lot more than here. For some reason they charge a dollar more a gallon than regular whereas here it's only about a quarter more.

Could be higher octane. In Ca we only get 91, other states get up to 93.

Back