U.S. House passes China forced labor bill near unanimously

matheuss92

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-house-passes-china-forced-213710787.html

WASHINGTON, Sept 22 (Reuters) - The U.S. House of Representatives on Tuesday voted near unanimously to pass legislation to restrict imports of goods made using forced labor from China, as lawmakers look to address the treatment of Uighur Muslims in China's Xinjiang region.

The Democratic-led House passed the measure by 406 to 3.

The United States and other countries have been ratcheting up pressure on China over its treatment of Uighurs in Xinjiang, where the United Nations cites credible reports as saying 1 million Muslims held in camps have been put to work.

There was no immediate word on when the measure might be taken up by the Senate.

Good. Lots of countries have received a worse treatment doing less. Best news is, both dems and reps agree on this.

Glad to see such a unanimous vote.

It's a rare time when both sides can fully agree on something, and it would involve the cunts in China wouldn't it?

Nike just heard the news.

iu

"Fuck China" was the only good clause written into the TPP.

My first thought was that if we're confident they're engaging in slavery then why are we importing anything at all. Second thought was if we just "think" that, then how do we even know which goods to restrict imports on.

Im curious how we can say “Hey, I think they are cleansing China of an ethnic group” and not do anything.

Im curious how we can say “Hey, I think they are cleansing China of an ethnic group” and not do anything.

Because the left only claims to care about those things when it gains them power in America? :D

Or everyone is basically greedy and wouldn't want to compromise their lifestyle?

Back