Law U.S. Diplomat's Wife Fled The U.K. After Fatal Collision, Claiming Diplomatic Immunity.

Probably. The government should make some type of settlement before sending this person back to face foreign justice.

Are you against the current lawsuit going on in Virginia? Or are you suggesting that the U.S should send the bitch back to the U.K for a second trial for the same crimes, after the U.S court case wraps up?

Are you against the current lawsuit going on in Virginia? Or are you suggesting that the U.S should send the bitch back to the U.K for a second trial for the same crimes, after the U.S court case wraps up?

I like that judge calling them on the bullshit. It's not a civil claim, you killed someone and fled the country. Being a diplomat doesn't grant you full immunity from that.
She is screwed about saying she is remorseful, she has done everything possible to actively avoid facing justice. All she had to do was stay in the UK and she would have probably had a better sentence all round to be honest.

I'm against sending her back. She should be responsible for her actions, so I don't think DI gives people carte blanche to commit crimes, but it should protect her from having to face a foreign justice system.

We all undestand why you flee the U.K, Mrs. Sacoolas, and if your job is cited as the reason why you left, I wouldn't mind seeing you explaining how that is exactly.

Harry Dunn: US files motion to keep Anne Sacoolas job details secret

24 July 2021​

The US government has filed a motion to suppress the employment details of the woman accused of killing teenager Harry Dunn.

Anne Sacoolas' car collided with the 19-year-old's motorbike near RAF Croughton in August 2019.

Government lawyers asked a Virginia court to impose a protective order in response to a damages claim filed by Mr Dunn's parents.

Family spokesman Radd Seiger said the order would be "resisted strenuously".

Sacoolas, 43, and her husband were both US State Department employees at the time of the crash in Northamptonshire.

She was later charged with causing death by dangerous driving but an extradition request, submitted by the Home Office, was rejected by the US State Department last January.

Charlotte Charles and Tim Dunn, Mr Dunn's parents, gave legal testimony earlier this month in their damages claim against Mr and Mrs Sacoolas.

Mrs Sacoolas' deposition in the case is due next month.

The application for a protective order, filed on Friday, argues that "information concerning the United States Government has little to no relevance to an adjudication of any remaining issues in this case".

It goes on to say: "The United States seeks protection ... because of the impact the disclosure of information regarding the Government in this litigation could reasonably be expected to have on national security."

Mr Seiger said: "We are analysing it and the family will be seeking legal advice from their US lawyers.

"It now appears that Mr and Mrs Sacoolas have brought in their employers, the US Government, to help them minimise what happened to Harry on the night he died in an attempt to prevent both the family and public at large from knowing the full truth.

"The US Government have asked the parents to consent to their application to court, who in turn have told them it will be resisted strenuously."

Alexandria District Court in the US state of Virginia heard the couple's intelligence work was a "factor" in their departure from the UK - with the Sacoolases leaving for "security reasons".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-57954208

We all undestand why you flee the U.K, Mrs. Sacoolas, and if your job is cited as the reason why you left, I wouldn't mind seeing you explaining how that is exactly.

Harry Dunn: US files motion to keep Anne Sacoolas job details secret

24 July 2021​

The US government has filed a motion to suppress the employment details of the woman accused of killing teenager Harry Dunn.

Anne Sacoolas' car collided with the 19-year-old's motorbike near RAF Croughton in August 2019.

Government lawyers asked a Virginia court to impose a protective order in response to a damages claim filed by Mr Dunn's parents.

Family spokesman Radd Seiger said the order would be "resisted strenuously".

Sacoolas, 43, and her husband were both US State Department employees at the time of the crash in Northamptonshire.

She was later charged with causing death by dangerous driving but an extradition request, submitted by the Home Office, was rejected by the US State Department last January.

Charlotte Charles and Tim Dunn, Mr Dunn's parents, gave legal testimony earlier this month in their damages claim against Mr and Mrs Sacoolas.

Mrs Sacoolas' deposition in the case is due next month.

The application for a protective order, filed on Friday, argues that "information concerning the United States Government has little to no relevance to an adjudication of any remaining issues in this case".

It goes on to say: "The United States seeks protection ... because of the impact the disclosure of information regarding the Government in this litigation could reasonably be expected to have on national security."

Mr Seiger said: "We are analysing it and the family will be seeking legal advice from their US lawyers.

"It now appears that Mr and Mrs Sacoolas have brought in their employers, the US Government, to help them minimise what happened to Harry on the night he died in an attempt to prevent both the family and public at large from knowing the full truth.

"The US Government have asked the parents to consent to their application to court, who in turn have told them it will be resisted strenuously."

Alexandria District Court in the US state of Virginia heard the couple's intelligence work was a "factor" in their departure from the UK - with the Sacoolases leaving for "security reasons".

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-57954208

That is one desperate argument:

"Your honor, if I get extradited back to England, well they might ask me why I fled the country after negligently crashing my car and killing a guy. And that reason had nothing to do with me fleeing liability. No it had something to do with my job, which is secret. So you see, if they compel my testimony here, I might jeopardize US national security interests..."

Fuck off bitch.

That is one desperate argument:

"Your honor, if I get extradited back to England, well they might ask me why I fled the country after negligently crashing my car and killing a guy. And that reason had nothing to do with me fleeing liability. No it had something to do with my job, which is secret. So you see, if they compel my testimony here, I might jeopardize US national security interests..."

Fuck off bitch.

On par for the course coming from the same scum who told the judge in Virginia that she prefer to see justice served in the U.K, while simultaneously refusing to come back there to stand trial.

The harder they try to sweasel their way out of any personal responsibility, the more I want to see them extradited back to the British authority, with their D.I revoked.

Family of Harry Dunn, killed British teen, reaches settlement with American driver Anne Sacoolas
By Karla Adam | September 21, 2021

imrs.php

LONDON — The family of Harry Dunn, a teen motorcyclist who died in an accident that became a high-level diplomatic dispute, reached a settlement in its U.S. civil suit against Anne Sacoolas, an American alleged to have been driving on the wrong side of the road in the East Midlands of England when she hit Dunn — and who subsequently claimed diplomatic immunity.

A criminal case in Britain is still pending, a family spokesman said.

Last year, Dunn’s parents, Charlotte Charles and Tim Dunn, launched a U.S. federal lawsuit claiming wrongful death and seeking financial damages from Sacoolas.

The family’s spokesman, Radd Seiger, told The Washington Post that civil claim for damages, filed in U.S. District Court in Virginia, had been “resolved.”

“I can’t tell you any more. All I’m permitted to say is the civil case is resolved, and we can now turn to the criminal case,” he said.

That case has been filed in the British court system. Sacoolas left Britain shortly after the accident, and the Dunn family wants her to return to face the charge of causing death by dangerous driving.

Britain’s new foreign secretary, Liz Truss, spoke about the case to reporters traveling with her and Prime Minister Boris Johnson in the United States this week.

Asked if this was the end of the legal fight, Truss said, “Absolutely not. We continue to press for justice for Harry.”

She said she had discussed the case with her U.S. counterpart, Secretary of State Antony Blinken.

The State Department has refused an extradition request by Britain — a decision the Biden administration said was “final.” But the previous foreign secretary, Dominic Raab, had suggested that perhaps “some kind of virtual trial or process could allow some accountability.”

In the course of the U.S. civil lawsuit, Sacoolas’s lawyer told the court that his client was working for U.S. intelligence. She had previously been referred to as “the wife of a U.S. diplomat” and the assertion raised questions about her diplomatic immunity at the time of the fatal crash.

Jonathan Sacoolas, her husband, had been working for the U.S. government at a Royal Air Force base in Croughton, England. The base is known to be used by U.S. intelligence agencies.

He was also named as a co-defendant in the U.S. civil suit. The Dunn family asserted that the Volvo SUV driven in the accident was owned by him.

Lawyers for the Sacoolases did not immediately respond when contacted by The Post on Tuesday.

Seiger called resolution of the civil suit a “pivot point in the campaign, a real milestone.”

“It’s never easy mounting a legal battle for justice abroad, let alone in the U.S.A., but the family’s courage and determination to see this through has been incredible,” he said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ad993c-1aff-11ec-bea8-308ea134594f_story.html

Last edited:
Harry Dunn hearing ‘vacated’ to enable ongoing discussions with Sacoolas
Crown Prosecution Service issues statement saying talks with alleged killer’s legal team to continue

1200.jpg

Harry Dunn’s alleged killer, Anne Sacoolas, will no longer face a court hearing, to enable “ongoing discussions” with the Crown Prosecution Service to continue.

The CPS previously said in a statement that the 44-year-old’s case would be heard at Westminster magistrates court on Tuesday, but the hearing has now been vacated.

Sacoolas is accused of causing death by dangerous driving after a fatal road crash outside US military base RAF Croughton in Northamptonshire on 27 August 2019.

The suspect had diplomatic immunity asserted on her behalf by the US government after the collision, and was able to leave the UK 19 days after the incident.

In a statement issued on Friday, the CPS said: “Following engagement between the parties, the hearing on 18 January at Westminster magistrates court has been vacated. This is to enable ongoing discussions between the CPS and Anne Sacoolas’s legal representatives to continue.

“Mrs Sacoolas has a right to a fair trial. It is extremely important there should be no reporting, commentary or sharing of information online which could in any way prejudice any proceedings.”

Reacting to the announcement, the Dunn family’s spokesperson, Radd Seiger, said the hearing had now been postponed.

“We have full faith in the Crown Prosecution Service and will wait to hear from them with further developments, hopefully in the near future,” he said.

“Harry’s family were obviously looking forward to the hearing on Tuesday so they hope an agreement will be reached sooner rather than later. It is vitally important for their mental health that justice and closure is achieved soon.”

The CPS statement for the first time confirms discussions are continuing between the British government prosecution service and the lawyers for Sacoolas.

Seiger said previously: “The family have had their civil justice but their number one objective is to have criminal justice.”

Seiger added that it was his understanding that if Sacoolas was convicted of anything by a UK court, it was open to the two governments to enter into a bespoke agreement so the sentence was served in the US. This is something the Dunn family has previously accepted.

The family have had little to no direct contact about how the proceedings will take place if they occur, or the way in which any sentence would be served.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...enable-ongoing-discussions-with-anne-sacoolas

Foreign secretary Liz Truss' pledge to keep lobbying US officials over Anne Sacoolas trial on Harry Dunn's 22nd birthday

T0FLMTM3NTEyMDg2.jpg

Northampton Town fan Harry was just 19 when he died after his bike was in collision with a black BMW driven by Anne Sacoolas.

The American was later charged with causing death by dangerous driving but has not faced trial despite a two-and-a-half year campaign for justice by Harry's family.

Ms Truss tweeted on Tuesday (March 22): "Harry Dunn’s family are in my thoughts and have my full support.

"I know how painful the anniversary of Harry’s birthday will be without justice yet being fulfilled.

"We continue to stress to our counterparts in the USA the importance of the virtual trial taking place urgently."

Radd Seiger, spokesman for Harry's family — his twin brother Niall, mum Charlotte Charles and dad Tim Dunn — tweeted a photos of Harry and Niall as kids with the message: "Not all twins walk side by side. Sometimes one has wings to fly.

"Happy birthday Niall. Happy birthday Harry. "

Sacoolas, the wife of a US diplomat, is accused of causing Harry's death after the fatal crash outside the US military base RAF Croughton on August 27, 2019.

She was due to face a UK court hearing via a video link in January but it was postponed allow "ongoing discussions" with the Crown Prosecution Service to continue.

The 44-year-old had diplomatic immunity asserted on her behalf by the US government and was able to leave the UK 19 days after the collision.

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/...as-trial-on-harry-dunns-22nd-birthday-3621475

Starting to sound like it's more about money for them versus "justice" for their son?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/oct/20/anne-sacoolas-admits-causing-death-of-harry-dunn

Anne Sacoolas had been ordered by a judge to appear in person for sentencing before a UK court after she pleaded guilty to causing the death of British teenager Harry Dunn by careless driving via a video link from the US.

The plea – which was entered after she pleaded not guilty to another, more serious, charge of causing death by dangerous driving – has been accepted by the Crown Prosecution Service after consultation with Dunn’s family, the Old Bailey was told.

Justice Bobbie Cheema-Grubb told Sacoolas at the end of a brief hearing at the Old Bailey that there was nothing to stop her from attending a sentencing hearing during the week commencing on 28 November.

“The in-person attendance and voluntary surrender to the court of Mrs Sacoolas would provide weighty evidence indeed of genuine remorse,” said the judge, who added that the offence carries a maximum sentence of five years’ imprisonment, although she noted the range of sentencing guidelines is from a medium sized community order to three years custody.

Duncan Aitkinson, KC, for the CPS, said that the prosecution accepted the plea of count two and did not seek to proceed to trial on the first count of causing death by dangerous driving, having consulted with the Dunn family.

[Justice Cheema-Grubb] added: “It is agreed that any sentence I pass is unlikely to be enforceable while the defendant remains outside of the United Kingdom.”

“There is no order I can make to compel her appearance at the Central Criminal Court for sentence. At the same time there is no barrier whatsoever to prevent her travelling to the UK for sentence.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-63891657

TELEMMGLPICT000212335563_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq2_Dk1RSTEQnj2PHghgMjhCbPEkwpatRO6m0bvcTg4_8.jpeg

A US citizen responsible for the death of teenage motorcyclist Harry Dunn has been sentenced to eight months imprisonment suspended for 12 months.

Mr Dunn's mother, Charlotte Charles, said her "promise" to get justice for her son "is well and truly complete".

Sacoolas was also disqualified from driving for 12 months.

Mrs Charles said: "Anne Sacoolas has a criminal record for the rest of her life.

"That was something she never thought she'd see, something the US government never thought they'd see.

"Harry we done it. We're good, we're good."

The defendant appeared via video-link from the US after her employer, the US government, advised her not to attend the sentencing hearing.

When a female witness reached the scene, Sacoolas said to her: "It's all my fault. I was on the wrong side of the road. I have only been here a couple of weeks."

5890cf0794ff4e208b90f5d49db452b6Y29udGVudHNlYXJjaGFwaSwxNjcwNDEwMzYz-2.69369933.jpg

Ah well, it was just some fat english kid on a bike. Who would expect an american citizen to game the system and avoid a prison sentence just because they were culpable of a crime? Justice for all but only if you are poor and from a shitty country. At least the kids (who were passengers) know mummy killed a young man through sheer incompetence, that will never leave them. Mummy is a child killer who has escaped the law.

To be fair, the British police should have locked that cunt up straight away and not let her fly back to the US.

This sort of thing is nothing new. US Actor Matthew Broderick killed two innocent people in Northern Ireland in 1987 and then escaped justice, well he got a $175 fine and a charge of careless driving. So each dead person was worth $87.50 each. Wonderful. What would the life of a third world country citizen be worth? 0.50 cents each or a couple of goats?

Last edited:
She would have got that sentence in the first place and never served a day in prison. If only she knew how soft the UK is on sentencing she could have avoided causing a major diplomatic incident

Ah well, it was just some fat english kid on a bike. Who would expect an american citizen to game the system and avoid a prison sentence just because they were culpable of a crime? Justice for all but only if you are poor and from a shitty country. At least the kids (who were passengers) know mummy killed a young man through sheer incompetence, that will never leave them. Mummy is a child killer who has escaped the law.

To be fair, the British police should have locked that cunt up straight away and not let her fly back to the US.

This sort of thing is nothing new. US Actor Matthew Broderick killed two innocent people in Northern Ireland in 1987 and then escaped justice, well he got a $175 fine and a charge of careless driving. So each dead person was worth $87.50 each. Wonderful. What would the life of a third world country citizen be worth? 0.50 cents each or a couple of goats?
Lenient sentencing sounds like British justice to me.

Not sure how she was "gaming the system". She was on diplomatic orders and was on a diplomatic visa. Therefore, she was told to depart the country by the embassy.

It's a tragic story, but people seem to confusing feelings with facts.

Not sure how she was "gaming the system". She was on diplomatic orders and was on a diplomatic visa. Therefore, she was told to depart the country by the embassy.

It's a tragic story, but people seem to confusing feelings with facts.
Sometimes it's not about 'sticking' to the rules when it suits you, it's about doing the right thing. And before you accuse me of being idealistic, why did she plead guilty to the charge? Because it looks good to do the right thing. BUT the reality is she only did what looked right NOT what was actually right. I think they call it 'virtue signalling'.

Lenient sentencing sounds like British justice to me.

What sentence? She is holed up in the US, she will never serve any of her sentence, even if it is suspended. British justice? More like British justice unless you are a connected American.

As a counter to that side, my brother got a speeding fine outside of Vegas about 20 years ago. He just never paid and didn't return to the US. Fugitive from justice! Fuck you America!

I'm against sending her back. She should be responsible for her actions, so I don't think DI gives people carte blanche to commit crimes, but it should protect her from having to face a foreign justice system.

Why should she be protected from the courts? She literally is a murderer.

Back