Law U.S. Diplomat's Wife Fled The U.K. After Fatal Collision, Claiming Diplomatic Immunity.

I would find it very hard not to exact revenge myself on her at this point if I was that boys parents. The justice system has been allowed to fail them, so what is left for them. I can't imagine how hard it must be for them that this gutless, callous woman can just carry on with her life as if nothing happened.

We should put a ban on only allowing manual transmission for any american coming over

That would have stopped this from happening
Lazy dumb bitch

I wonder why. As a matter of good faith, this seems like a weird hill to take a stand on. I could see with a country that we expect to submit to us, like a South American or African nation but the UK is out longest ally, why deny them justice here?

Or is this one of those things where we never make exceptions because it would set a bad precedent?

Always going to happen.

Turns out there is footage of other "diplomats" driving in the same manner after this incident, 1 even collided with a police car.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...oad-near-spot-teenager-Harry-Dunn-killed.html

Northamptonshire Police Chief Constable Nick Adderley Shockinghas has called for an urgent meeting after footage of a motorist driving on the wrong side of the road near RAF Croughton where Harry Dunn was killed emerged

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/two-more-cars-caught-driving-21306588

I wonder why. As a matter of good faith, this seems like a weird hill to take a stand on. I could see with a country that we expect to submit to us, like a South American or African nation but the UK is out longest ally, why deny them justice here?

Or is this one of those things where we never make exceptions because it would set a bad precedent?

Her husband is probably a high level spook.

A travel ban on Americans seems in order , they're clearly dangerous bastards .

Just drag the next one driving on the wrongside out the car and kick their cunt in since it seems to happening all too often.

If American spooks are still fannying about on the wrong side of the road after a death and everything they need a stronger reinforcement to change behaviour. Then when they try and charge them just shrug.

Well, goodluck to the father who I should imagine will seek justice by other means.
I know I would.

We should request that she returns voluntarily to face justice.

If she doesn't, we should send one of our diplomats to kill her. Ideally leaving her dying alone on a road at night.

Dumb decision. She should be sent back.

Capture.png

This isn't surprising, it's about career diplomats who have powerful friends wanting to protect themselves and their families. It should create a precedent. Diplomatic immunity is bullshit. It just rarely gets this much coverage.

Or she is not "just the wife" of a US diplomat. It is not unusual for a spouse to work for the CIA.

I think you nailed it at the end, there. It would require much ado in all instances of diplomatic incidents.
As a fellow motorcyclist and a human being, I feel terrible for the loss of his life and for his family.
However, this diplomatic immunity stuff has done this many times before, and will many times going forward.
It's happened here in the US many times as well. Fatal car crashes/pedestrians hit, etc.

Interpol issues red notice for 'fugitive' Anne Sacoolas
Patrick Wintour | Mon 11 May 2020

_110248099_diplomatwife.jpg

An Interpol notice has been circulated worldwide making Anne Sacoolas in effect a fugitive from justice if she sets foot outside her native United States.

Sacoolas was charged in the UK with causing the death by dangerous driving of a 19-year-old motorcyclist, Harry Dunn, last August.

The US refused to accept an extradition warrant, saying she enjoyed diplomatic immunity at the time of the crash. Her husband worked at a CIA spying base, RAF Croughton in Northampton.

She and her family left the country with the knowledge of the Foreign Office a fortnight later. The Foreign Office agreed she had diplomatic immunity, a point disputed by lawyers working for Dunn’s family.

Boris Johnson and the foreign secretary, Dominic Raab, have both asked for Sacoolas to be extradited, but the political pressure has led nowhere. Donald Trump instead suggested compensation and tried to engineer a meeting in the White House between Sacoolas and Dunn’s parents.

Radd Seiger, a lawyer for the Dunn family, said Northamptonshire police had confirmed that the Interpol notice had been issued, adding that this meant in the Foreign Office’s view she did not have diplomatic immunity at the time of her initial arrest. “Red notices would not be served on valid diplomats,” he said. “It means she would be arrested if she sought to leave the United States.”

He continued: “It is time for her to come back to the UK and on behalf of the family I urge the authorities both in London and Washington to make that happen. It is time to do the right thing.” He said she would receive a fair trial in the UK.

Seiger said: “It is a monumental scandal. The UK government know it and that is why Harry’s parents were treated like lepers. Both governments were and are terrified that this was all going to be exposed. Well thanks to the free press it has been. Parliament must now launch a full-scale inquiry into what happened.”

Seiger is specifically angry that the Foreign Office, within days of the accident, agreed with US lawyers that Sacoolas had diplomatic immunity, when this claim was at best arguable in court.

A red notice has been described as an international wanted person’s notice but is not in itself an arrest warrant.

Interpol issued nearly 14,000 red notices last year. It cannot compel the law enforcement authorities in any country to arrest someone who is the subject of a red notice.

Each member country decides what legal value it gives to a red notice and the authority of their law enforcement officers to make arrests.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...red-notice-issued-for-arrest-of-anne-sacoolas

Or she is not "just the wife" of a US diplomat. It is not unusual for a spouse to work for the CIA.
There were reports just last week that when Pompeo was head of CIA, they created an office with staff for his wife.

"Seiger is specifically angry that the Foreign Office, within days of the accident, agreed with US lawyers that Sacoolas had diplomatic immunity, when this claim was at best arguable in court."

This point is easy to figure out. The Foreign Office has a record of what type of visa she had within the country.

Was she on a diplomatic visa or not?

The answer should take less than five minutes to figure out.

Back