International U.S. Defense Sec'y rejected a request by the DC mayor for National Guard troops to help w/ Migrants

Literally millions just walk across the border every year. It’s open.

I don’t watch FOX.

I’ve seen the border in person many times.

Im Latino, my entire life I’ve known, lived with and been related to Mexicans and South Americans.

I’ve been to Mexico.

It’s easy to cross the border. Period. There is no other way to put it. Hundreds of thousands of people do it every year. That is a fact. I know people who have been deported and have made it back into the US more than once.

Old people cross, kids cross, every single day. Coyotes are common, but the majority never hire one and cross with nothing more than some money, a little clothes and a little food.

You don’t know any Mexicans, Venezuelans, Guatemalans, Peruvians or Nicaraguans. It’s not a walk in the park, but it’s very, very, doable. As evidenced by the literal thousands that are being rounded up and bussed to cities across the US. If the border were closed, how did they get here?

You are a human dunce cap.
You don’t understand the concept of open borders. Maybe you should look that up first and then come back to join the conversation. Now you’re just making yourself look dumb. I mean you’re having the same opinion as @foxnewsfan . That alone should be a huge red flag. That’s easy for people to illegally cross the border doesn’t make it an open border. Or were you under the assumption that borders are only closed if there is a wall around it <{outtahere}>

I don’t watch FOX.

I’ve seen the border in person many times.

Im Latino, my entire life I’ve known, lived with and been related to Mexicans and South Americans.

I’ve been to Mexico.

It’s easy to cross the border. Period. There is no other way to put it. Hundreds of thousands of people do it every year. That is a fact. I know people who have been deported and have made it back into the US more than once.

Old people cross, kids cross, every single day. Coyotes are common, but the majority never hire one and cross with nothing more than some money, a little clothes and a little food.

You don’t know any Mexicans, Venezuelans, Guatemalans, Peruvians or Nicaraguans. It’s not a walk in the park, but it’s very, very, doable. As evidenced by the literal thousands that are being rounded up and bussed to cities across the US. If the border were closed, how did they get here? For all those that walk/drive up to a point of entry, just as many if not more cross anywhere else.

You are a human dunce cap.
Stationed in San Diego for just shy of a year. I walked across it every weekend due to their drinking age being 18. Literally impossible for anyone else to do at all. Only drunk teenagers at 6 am can handle the perilous trek

You don’t understand the concept of open borders. Maybe you should look that up first and then come back to join the conversation. Now you’re just making yourself look dumb. I mean you’re having the same opinion as @foxnewsfan . That alone should be a huge red flag. That’s easy for people to illegally cross the border doesn’t make it an open border. Or were you under the assumption that borders are only closed if there is a wall around it <{outtahere}>

Dunce Cap, I can’t even begin to understand why you are so invested in this argument, but reality is just that, reality.

The White House has been and continues to encourage illegal immigration. They also refuse to take meaningful measures to secure the southern border. Bringing up the Northen border is almost pointless, outside of a few checkpoints near populated areas you could literally walk or drive across it without seeing any form of civilization for miles.

The White House has come down on border patrol, ICE and Homeland security. The White House actively frustrates the efforts of border states and citizens to secure to border. They actively reward people who cross the border illegally.

You can play semantic games all you like Dunce Cap, reality is reality.

You are from another country and you have no idea what the border sees on a daily basis. The fact that there is some wall, some fence and some agents does not make the border secure or closed at all, not even remotely so.

Your argument is like saying, “well I’ve got a camera pointed at one corner of my property, and I’ve got a couple yards of fence on another corner. So, despite the remaining property lines being unguarded in any way, my doors and windows being open, and the sign on the roof inviting burglars in, and the fact that I’ll help them steal once they get in, my house is closed and secure”

The border is open. It is literally open for legal crossing and it is also open to people who cross illegally. It is not closed, it is not secure. This White House isn’t even doing the minimum to keep up appearances of a secure border. They’ve got Dunce Caps like you carrying water for them.

I don’t know if you are being intentionally dishonest or if you are sincerely misinformed. If you ever traveled to the southern border you wouldn’t be posting any of this nonsense.

Dunce Cap, I can’t even begin to understand why you are so invested in this argument, but reality is just that, reality.

The White House has been and continues to encourage illegal immigration. They also refuse to take meaningful measures to secure the southern border. Bringing up the Northen border is almost pointless, outside of a few checkpoints near populated areas you could literally walk or drive across it without seeing any form of civilization for miles.

The White House has come down on border patrol, ICE and Homeland security. The White House actively frustrates the efforts of border states and citizens to secure to border. They actively reward people who cross the border illegally.

You are from another country and you have no idea what the border sees on a daily basis. The fact that there is some wall, some fence and some agents does not make the border secure or closed at all, not even remotely so.

Your argument is like saying, “well I’ve got a camera pointed at one corner of my property, and I’ve got a couple yards of fence on another corner. So, despite the remaining property lines being unguarded in any way, my doors and windows being open, and the sign on the roof inviting burglars in, and the fact that I’ll help them steal once they get in, my house is closed and secure”

The border is open. It is literally open for legal crossing and it is also open to people who cross illegally. It is not closed, it is not secure. This White House isn’t even doing the minimum to keep up appearances of a secure border. They’ve got Dunce Caps like you carrying water for them.

I don’t know if you are being intentionally dishonest or if you are sincerely misinformed. If you ever traveled to the southern border you wouldn’t be posting any of this nonsense.
lol you calling me dishonest while I shown you proof that there is no open border. You are even contradicting yourself. If it’s illegal to cross, that means there is no open border.

I don’t know if you’re just being disingenuous or being dumb. Either way there are NO open borders.

It’s funny that most of you guys always come with the “you’re not from here so you don’t know” as if you can’t just look it up on THE INTERNET. Like I said that you FEEL there are open borders there are not. That people are ILLEGALLY entering the US literally means there is no open border.

<JagsKiddingMe>

The Governor of Texas is actually ramping up these efforts and buses of illegal border crossers are being sent to NYC.

lol you calling me dishonest while I shown you proof that there is no open border. You are even contradicting yourself. If it’s illegal to cross, that means there is no open border.

I don’t know if you’re just being disingenuous or being dumb. Either way there are NO open borders.

It’s funny that most of you guys always come with the “you’re not from here so you don’t know” as if you can’t just look it up on THE INTERNET. Like I said that you FEEL there are open borders there are not. That people are ILLEGALLY entering the US literally means there is no open border.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Again Dunce Cap, all you have are semantic games, the same semantic games the White House uses to save face.

This White House allows NGOs to help illegals find their way to the border.

They encourage illegals to come.

They’ve cut Border Patrol, threatened funding for ICE and Homeland Security to force them to use less resources on tracking illegals and deporting them.

They give illegals the resources they need to stay in the US and be comfortable.

None of what I’ve written is inaccurate in any way.

This White House, overwhelmingly, does not care to enforce the laws related to individuals crossing the border illegally. What does them being labeled illegal even matter?

If you are encouraged to cross a border, given assistance to cross the border, and rewarded once you do cross the border, how does being labeled “illegal” which carries no punishment for many of the “illegals” mean that the border isn’t open?

Last edited:

<JagsKiddingMe>

so you support the full enforcement of the immigration laws currently on the books, of course?

Again Dunce Cap, all you have are semantic games, the same semantic games the White House uses to save face.

This White House allows NGOs to help illegals find their way to the border.

They encourage illegals to come.

They’ve cut Border Patrol, threatened funding for ICE and Homeland Security to force them to use less resources on tracking illegals and deporting them.

They give illegals the resources they need to stay in the US and be comfortable.

None of what I’ve written is inaccurate in any way.

This White House, overwhelmingly, does not care to enforce the laws related to individuals crossing the border illegally. What does them being labeled illegal even matter?

If you are encouraged to cross a border, given assistance to cross the border, and rewarded once you do cross the border, how does being labeled “illegal” which carries no punishment for many of of the “illegals” mean that the border isn’t open?
I’m not playing semantics I’m juts pointing out that what you’re saying is wrong. You can be against the policies that are in place now. Or how they threat illegal immigrants or other immigrants, or fund the border patrol or whatever. Facts still remains their are NO OPEN BORDERS.

It’s not that hard, it’s just that you let your partisan feelings get in the way of reality. That people enter Europe by boat and cross the border doesn’t mean we have open border (except internally).

You’re just trying to frame the situation in some kind of partisan way (just like all the other right wing idiots on this site) for propaganda purposes so you have a knock on Biden or whatever. It’s actually really disingenuous. You can’t just change the definition of open border just because you don’t agree with present policies.

And btw, how are they encouraging and rewarding illegals crossing the border? Aren’t there like detentions centers and didn’t Biden want to continue building the wall?? I mean there was a whole thread about it with right wing outrage..

I’m not playing semantics I’m juts pointing out that what you’re saying is wrong. You can be against the policies that are in place now. Or how they threat illegal immigrants or other immigrants, or fund the border patrol or whatever. Facts still remains their are NO OPEN BORDERS.

It’s not that hard, it’s just that you let your partisan feelings get in the way of reality. That people enter Europe by boat and cross the border doesn’t mean we have open border (except internally).

You’re just trying to frame the situation in some kind of partisan way (just like all the other right wing idiots on this site) for propaganda purposes so you have a knock on Biden or whatever. It’s actually really disingenuous. You can’t just change the definition of open border just because you don’t agree with present policies.

And btw, how are they encouraging and rewarding illegals crossing the border? Aren’t there like detentions centers and didn’t Biden want to continue building the wall?? I mean there was a whole thread about it with right wing outrage..

What, in your massive amount of knowledge and experience on this subject would you call the southern border?

You guys have thoroughly thrashed this tool and he doesn't want to accept it.

What, in your massive amount of knowledge and experience on this subject would you call the southern border?
It’s not even my amount if knowledge, it’s just a simple google search.

Biden administrationEdit
The U.S. Border Patrol detained more than 1.7 million migrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border illegally in fiscal year 2021, the highest number ever recorded.[123][124] A greater demographic diversity of southwest border apprehensions have been noted in 2021.[125]

2022: Though he has avoided Mr Trump's rhetoric, Mr Biden has repeatedly called on migrants, including asylum seekers, not to attempt the journey to the US.

US officials say they are on pace to exceed two million migrant "encounters" in the fiscal year that began in October, the fastest pace in more than 20 years.

In May alone, statistics show that 239,416 arrests were made at the border, a 2% increase from April.

IF YOUR TIME IS SHORT
  • The Mexico border has not been left “completely open” for entry into the U.S.
  • In September, the last month for which data was available, immigration officials recorded 192,001 encounters at the U.S.-Mexico border, including 102,673 expulsions.
  • No policies have been changed since then that would make the borders more open.
  • The vast majority of what are known as enforcement encounters result in U.S. immigration officials turning people away at the border.
But please enlighten me more about those OpEn BoRdErs​

Anything to add besides a MJ gift?

Not even sure what you think your argument is.
If you’re not sure what my argument is after repeating it 6 times maybe you should’ve just kept your mouth shut cause clearly the level of discussion is going over your head

Actually, Texas’ main problem is lack of political will at the federal level. This action, given sufficient time, will help create that will. So they are taking care of their problem. The Democrat party will be morphed by this strategy.
They are not taking care of it, they are passing it on to others places.

Back