Economy U.S. Billionaires Got $1 Trillion Richer During Trump’s Term

Is wealth inequality a serious problem that we need to tackle as a society?

• Total voters
Democrat version of this cartoon wouldn't even warn the dude...he'd just take the cookie away and give it to the foreigner.

:)

You are a perfect example of why the GOP prefers the least educated voters

Some of us warned you the Elites would benefit from these lockdowns

Best thing ever to happen to Big Tecj

Bezos Bless!!

I could see Amazon benefiting from the pandemic but how is apple benefiting from it? People probably dont even have the money to buy iphones.

Just out of curiosity....how do you think these people made money? By stealing? Or by making in demand goods and services. Also, who do you think employs a fuckload of people????
Bill Gates and Sam Walton and Bezos are billionaires....how many people do they employ?

How many people have you ever employed? How many innovative products have you created???

How about this, how have you made the Earth better in any way?

PS please don't refer to yourself as a conservative again. No one believes you. I hope your TDS is not terminal.

Partially by shifting the tax burden required for the advanced society they operate in onto the upper middle class who drive the economy long term.

Hell of sentence but this is the problem.

Last edited:
Prior to and even during COVID we had record EMPLOYMENT, didn't we? Or was it just record low black unemployment?

Regardless. I have increased my wealth quite a bit. The fact remains.

You can try to blame *EVERYTHING* on Trump but I see him trying to keep the economy open during the pandemic *AND* trying to de-couple us from China. Both of which are vital to this country.

I know you are desperate to blame every woe on DJT but the circumstances are more than 1 person. The entire global economy is going into the shitter and the Democrats are doing *EVERYTHING* they can do tank the economy because they know it is the only way they are going win the election. And they are willing to sacrifice everyone to that aim.

Never forget.

You know what's really proven effective at keeping economies open?

Wearing masks..

Simple and low cost.

You know what's really proven effective at keeping economies open?

Wearing masks..

Simple and low cost.

Living here in Europe I agree.

Oh.

Wait...

Belgium, France, Germany disagree with you as we enter complete lockdown. Again. While wearing masks.

Same thing happened under Obama. Rich get richer poor get poorer when you have Wall Street writing the laws and cutting the checks as we do in our oligarchy.

Right now the U.S. is a festering petri dish with the pandemic raging and the worthless, unconscionable failure-crats and their Rethug buddies checked out after giving trillions to shaky, corrupt Wall St. and the banksters.

No Covid relief, no debt relief for the average citizens, no planned jobs programs to buttress the forced closures and lost salaries....as other successful nations' economies have already done.

oh, right, that whopping $1200, to last 6 months...how could I forget that sorry didnt notice as undoubtable most of you didn't either since it's like half a months rent or mortgage.

The mask is off. The owners have taken total possession of our democracy and they believe there isn't squat that can be done about it. I believe em too.

Think mega rich people like bozos and bloomberg should actually give to charity. And not the bs charities that are just tax shelters. I mean actually giving to poeple. Imagine if instead of trying to be president bloomberg used that 500 million to help people out?

That is exactly what I have said. How much money is wasted on elections? How much did Bernie and warren piss away? How much did bloomburg waste on his election and on paying fines on felons?

This money could drastically change communities and families. Imagine taking that money and investing into families and ensuring that they succeed. Take that money and go to a small town and turn it into a really nice area by flooding it with job opportunities, industry, places to eat-and see what happens. My bet is that the population will go from 1000-30k quickly and then further expand.

As for the main issue of the thread, yes the wealth inequality is a serious issue. You have people making hundreds of millions every year and then there are people that make less than those fucks do in a two week period, hell, in a few days. I know it makes me less of a capitalist, but there has to be limits.

Oh.

Wait...

Belgium, France, Germany disagree with you as we enter complete lockdown. Again. While wearing masks.

Wait, you live in Europe? I totally pictured a militia compound in the mid west

Oh.

Wait...

So are you in America or not?

I'm not, I've done well out of the corporate tax cuts and blow out in Anetican government debt too. Just doesn't seem like the average American would be happy with this arrangement, well certainly not the patriotic ones

Tech companies and their billionaire owners certainly have done well with the stay at home COVID lock downs that some states, Democrat run states mainly, have been implementing. As has been written about often, and said recently once again by The World Health Organization - the lock downs have made the poor poorer.

It has been troubling to read of late also from the Biden/Harris campaign that they are going to get rid of the tax cuts made a few years ago. Biden and Harris want to frame that tax cuts as benefitting wealthy Americans. That's not true though. Getting rid of those tax cuts will raise taxes on middle class Americans. Thought this a nice write up on that ~

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...are-about-to-work-to-get-rid-of-that-tax-cut/

excerpt:

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA) spoke to Hispanic Americans at a campaign stop in McAllen, Texas, on Friday, telling them that she and former Vice President Joe Biden’s “first order of business” is to get rid of President Trump’s tax cuts.

“I promise you this — as a first order of business, Joe Biden and I are about to work to get rid of that tax cut,” she said to cheers.

As Breitbart News’s John Nolte has reported, the Trump tax cuts, known as the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (TCJA), were a boon for the middle class.

The cuts practically doubled the standard deduction for singles from $6,350 in 2017 to $12,000 in 2018; nearly doubled the standard deduction for married couples from $12,700 to $24,400; and bumped up the child tax credit from $1,000 in 2017 to $2,000 in 2018.

Eliminating the Trump tax cuts would slash those deductions on working people and families almost in half — effectively a huge tax increase, since a married couple will be paying federal taxes on $11,700 in income they weren’t paying under the TCJA. For a tax rate of 20 percent, that would be an annual tax increase of around $2300.

The TCJA also actually raised taxes on the rich by capping the wealthy’s ability to deduct their state and local taxes from reported federal income to just $10,000. Before, the wealthy were able to deduct every penny of their local and state taxes from their federal income. It was an unlimited deduction, so whatever the wealthy paid in local taxes was deducted, and they paid no federal income tax on that amount.

However, Biden and Harris have repeatedly mischaracterized the TCJA as only helping the rich. They have also claimed they would not raise taxes, but their plan to eliminate the TCJA would effectively raise taxes on the middle class.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-got-1-trillion-richer-in-trump-s-first-term

We should be clear. Trump is the symptom rather than the disease. But surely he has made the problem much worse. He ran as a populist, but governed as a typical Republican. 50 people in the US got over $800 billion in a little less than four years. This type of wealth inequality is what makes a 3rd World country not a vibrant Western democracy.

You are not wrong. Wealth inequality is what seperates developed 1-st World countries to 3-rd World shitholes.
Wealth inequality is (naturally) higher in the US than anywhere else, just for this reason.

Last edited:
That is exactly what I have said. How much money is wasted on elections? How much did Bernie and warren piss away? How much did bloomburg waste on his election and on paying fines on felons?

This money could drastically change communities and families. Imagine taking that money and investing into families and ensuring that they succeed. Take that money and go to a small town and turn it into a really nice area by flooding it with job opportunities, industry, places to eat-and see what happens. My bet is that the population will go from 1000-30k quickly and then further expand.

As for the main issue of the thread, yes the wealth inequality is a serious issue. You have people making hundreds of millions every year and then there are people that make less than those fucks do in a two week period, hell, in a few days. I know it makes me less of a capitalist, but there has to be limits.
I agree. A lot of those things are just vanity projects. Bloomberg basically made Google and facebook richer and did nothing else.
If they tried to and did it they could find some zip code and invest heavily abs see what happens. From everything from education to housing to jobs and stuff. But alas they'd rather run for office or start some charity that doesn't actually get people off the ground and able to live on their own.
Capitalism has limits

Back