International U.S. and Afghan Forces Killed More Civilians Than Taliban Did, Report Finds

I mean by American standards after the bay of pigs Castro has the right to bomb American and occupy her for 20 years bare min.

We talking about a small number of people who arranged and carried out this attack as justification to invade and occupy a country for 20 years?? Still think it’s right?? Osama is long gone but USA isn’t? Why??

I would first look to see why we're being invaded. If it's just a war of aggression, conquest, then it isn't justified.
Why did we invade Afghanistan?

-to satiate post 9/11 bloodlust
-fat loot for the military industrial complex

As far as I can tell the 1600 number is civilians stricly killed by the US-coalition. The total civilian death toll from all parties involved is much higher as you point out.

However, the coalition officially only admitted to killing a little over a hundred civilians. From the report:

"The Coalition has admitted killing 159 civilians in Raqqa – barely 10% of the real number, without conducting investigations or interviewing survivors and witnesses in Raqqa"

That's fucking scary.

Our bombings alone are reported to kill over 10,000 civilians in Mosul. As the population wasn’t able to flee that sounds right. They were in their homes as our bombs leveled them block by block as the golden division made its slow and bloody advance.

The golden division basically didn’t exist anymore after that battle.

Raqqa wasn’t as bad, but it was still worse than our bombings only killing 1,000 civilians.

The idea that isn't to bomb people into righteousness, it's to kill the terrorists they let into the country.
We told the Taliban to hand over UBL, and were met with silence.

Would the US shelter and hide the most wanted international murderer in the world?
No. The answer is no.
This is a bullshit lie. They offered to hand over Bin Laden, and we refused.

This is a bullshit lie. They offered to hand over Bin Laden, and we refused.

That was never a serious offer.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2001/oct/14/afghanistan.terrorism5
The offer came a day after the Taliban's supreme leader rebuffed Bush's "second chance" for the Islamic militia to surrender Bin Laden to the US.

Mullah Mohammed Omar said there was no move to "hand anyone over".

They were prepared to "discuss" handing over OBL to a third party, but only if we stopped the bombing. They were hosting and protecting a man who had just murdered over 3000 people in the US. Why should we believe anything they have to say?

And looking back on it I think its obvious that this was a stalling tactic in any case. OBL at some point ended up in Pakistan under the protection of the ISI. There is no reason to believe that the Taliban could have handed him over even if they were serious about doing so.

This is why America, frankly, ought to stay out of business that doesn't belong to them.

You're not resolving a damn thing in there, that has become obvious at this point.

There are too many factors not being taken into consideration here. I saw with my own eyes Taliban using women as human shields.

Also I’m guessing they are including the amount of Taliban that got blown up while they weren’t carrying a weapon.

And these two factors are just off the top of my head.

So how would you feel if you were invaddd and occupied while being told your way of life isn’t proper and you need to follow the ways of your invaders?? Bet you would line up to support that eh

False comparison from the start.

Afghan people are taught to worship Taliban, be happy about the kid-fucking culture, and it’s OK to burn your sister alive for being accused (falsely) that she burned a Koran*. Etc etc etc. I could go on all day. Source: I spent 3 tours in Afghanistan.

*See: Murder of Farkhunda Malikzada.

False comparison from the start.

Afghan people are taught to worship Taliban, be happy about the kid-fucking culture, and it’s OK to burn your sister alive for being accused (falsely) that she burned a Koran*. Etc etc etc. I could go on all day. Source: I spent 3 tours in Afghanistan.

*See: Murder of Farkhunda Malikzada.
Hey Afghaner! your culture is backwards and wrong! we's gonna show you some American style Liberty!
*proceed to kill more civilians than the Taliban*

Dont know why these sand n***ers keep sticking with the Taliban!
*proceed to jump start Afghan Opium trade*

Its like they just dont WANT to be Free!

thats how an Afghan views this whole thing. We sit in their country bombing it and fucking shit up, while the guy we were there to kill in the first place....was in Pakistan.

Remember, when you join the US military you are not defending freedom and doing something heroic. You are joining a terrorist organization.

9-11 was almost 20yrs ago...

mccain-angry-696x418.jpg

Source: I spent 3 tours in Afghanistan.

So you're desperate to justify the conflict. Entirely understandable given your investment. There are even a few Vietnam vets still tenaciously defending that action.

I'm sorry you got used and abused by defense contractors and the Pentagon. Hopefully your readjustment to civilian life is going well. I wish you the best.

Remember, when you join the US military you are not defending freedom and doing something heroic. You are joining a terrorist organization.

9-11 was almost 20yrs ago...

Honestly, go live somewhere else then.

So you're desperate to justify the conflict. Entirely understandable given your investment. There are even a few Vietnam vets still tenaciously defending that action.

I'm sorry you got used and abused by defense contractors and the Pentagon. Hopefully your readjustment to civilian life is going well. I wish you the best.

What your source for anything on this topic other than your typical unexplainable attitude of superiority?

Let's play a little game:

Any poster who was not in the military, please lay out for me in a clear and concise manner why we've seen these instances going up dramatically over the last 6-8 years or so while they were almost non existent prior to that, and what your thoughts are on how we can stop it or at least mitigate the issue a little. I'll wait.

thats how an Afghan views this whole thing. We sit in their country bombing it and fucking shit up, while the guy we were there to kill in the first place....was in Pakistan.

Why do people who still think this is some sort of edgy response, or that the numerous millions of people who have actually served in Iraq and Afghanistan aren't far more intimately familiar with the way Iraqis feel about this subject that people who read about it on the internet?

I mean by American standards after the bay of pigs Castro has the right to bomb American and occupy her for 20 years bare min.

We talking about a small number of people who arranged and carried out this attack as justification to invade and occupy a country for 20 years?? Still think it’s right?? Osama is long gone but USA isn’t? Why??

Real quick spit ball like 8 reasons why....

What your source for anything on this topic other than your typical unexplainable attitude of superiority?

What did I say here that needs sourcing?

And does objecting to unwarranted foreign military entanglements that cause human suffering equal having an "attitude of superiority" in your world??

Back