International U.S. and Afghan Forces Killed More Civilians Than Taliban Did, Report Finds

None of these freedom bombers will answer that

Of course not. It’s easier to believe that most people there are terrorists and terrorist supporters then realize they are just people like you and I. The idea we can bomb people into righteousness is heinous.

That’s pretty dumb and probably not true. If it is it’s the dumbest shit ever. They killed way more women and children since

The way you talk I bet you think Vietnam was hunky dory too. Like America hasn’t done way more damage than since cave dwelling idiots could ever do
"You lie and even if it's true it's dumb! Only my argument has merit!"
... Fuck off with that

So how would you feel if you were invaddd and occupied while being told your way of life isn’t proper and you need to follow the ways of your invaders?? Bet you would line up to support that eh
I would first look to see why we're being invaded. If it's just a war of aggression, conquest, then it isn't justified.
Why did we invade Afghanistan?

"You lie and even if it's true it's dumb! Only my argument has merit!"
... Fuck off with that

Yep no proof it’s true and can’t address the rest. Keep making up cool stories and avoiding the conversation bro

Of course not. It’s easier to believe that most people there are terrorists and terrorist supporters then realize they are just people like you and I. The idea we can bomb people into righteousness is heinous.
The idea that isn't to bomb people into righteousness, it's to kill the terrorists they let into the country.
We told the Taliban to hand over UBL, and were met with silence.

Would the US shelter and hide the most wanted international murderer in the world?
No. The answer is no.

I would first look to see why we're being invaded. If it's just a war of aggression, conquest, then it isn't justified.
Why did we invade Afghanistan?

So if Iraqis or Vietnamese invaded you for the war crimes and illegal wars you did to them you would be cool with it? Ok, got it. America sticks it’s nose in places all the time, covert or open war fare but never feels repercussions? Why did osama hate America? For your freedom? Or because America is heavily involved in the Middle East?

I see both sides of the issue, but favor the side that isn't creating terrorists to fuck up my country.
The US has literally funded and created terrorists including the Afghan opposition aka Taliban.

You don't think that killing tens of thousands of civilians and being responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths as well as partly destroying entire nations over the course of decades doesn't give rise to terrorists? What about the US supporting and selling arms the Saudis right now?

The idea that isn't to bomb people into righteousness, it's to kill the terrorists they let into the country.
We told the Taliban to hand over UBL, and were met with silence.

Would the US shelter and hide the most wanted international murderer in the world?
No. The answer is no.

George bush? Yea they do

Yep no proof it’s true and can’t address the rest. Keep making up cool stories and avoiding the conversation bro
(The day before the Sept. 11 attacks, Clinton told businessmen in Australia that he had decided against launching a strike in Kandahar out of concern for civilian casualties: ”I nearly got him. And I could have killed him, but I would have to destroy a little town called Kandahar in Afghanistan and kill 300 innocent women and children, and then I would have been no better than him. And so I didn’t do it.”)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...n-laden/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1f18df6839f0

The US has literally funded and created terrorists including the Afghan opposition aka Taliban.

You don't think that killing tens of thousands of civilians and being responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths as well as partly destroying entire nations over the course of decades doesn't give rise to terrorists? What about the US supporting and selling arms the Saudis right now?
I've already said I see both sides of the argument. "Blame the US" only goes so far. There are actually other responsible parties.

(The day before the Sept. 11 attacks, Clinton told businessmen in Australia that he had decided against launching a strike in Kandahar out of concern for civilian casualties: ”I nearly got him. And I could have killed him, but I would have to destroy a little town called Kandahar in Afghanistan and kill 300 innocent women and children, and then I would have been no better than him. And so I didn’t do it.”)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...n-laden/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.1f18df6839f0

Heresay from a proven liar plus virtue signalling. The same woman who said “we came, we saw, he died” while laughing. Meanwhile hundreds of thousands of innocents died since that operation. Let me guess she was really concerned with liybian casualties. What an angel she is

“Told businessmen” oh you mean her bosses. Sorry but none of that is documented facts.

Last edited:
I've already said I see both sides of the argument. "Blame the US" only goes so far. There are actually other responsible parties.
You said you would favor with the side that's not creating terrorist to fight against your country. That's not the US bud. Stop trying to make excuses.

Well, yes. We dropped bombs.

Kinda hard to do much when the enemy hides among civilians.
Of course, as soon as they learn we won't bomb them because they hide with civilians (many of whom shelter them), they'll do it that much more.

It's a shame, but it's also a shame that the people in these countries don't do anything about the garbage that lives among them.

I could imagine a terrorist saying the same thing about their enemy. Just saying....

I could imagine a terrorist saying the same thing about their enemy. Just saying....
And they do. Without a word about how it happened and why and what the underlying cause was; they simply go to a bombed out site to film jihadist recruitment videos whether there were civilians there or not.

No word about harboring terrorists. No word about terrorists using civilians as shields. Just propaganda.

Yes, both sides can make claims to Injustice. But this thread is just outrage and foot stamping.

And they do. Without a word about how it happened and why and what the underlying cause was; they simply go to a bombed out site to film jihadist recruitment videos whether there were civilians there or not.

No word about harboring terrorists. No word about terrorists using civilians as shields. Just propaganda.

Yes, both sides can make claims to Injustice. But this thread is just outrage and foot stamping.

"outrage and foot stamping"

<BC1>

America was quick to secure the opium and lithium deposits in Afghanistan tho. Believe that.

"outrage and foot stamping"

<BC1>
I mean, what is wanted here?
Acknowledgement that it's a bad thing? We have that to start.

Acknowledgement that we can do better? Clearly, and nobody denies it.

What does get denied is that we try to the best of our ability to avoid civilian casualties; the thread premise nearly seems to be that the US intentionally targets civilians, which is absurd.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/24/world/asia/afghanistan-civilian-casualties-united-nations.html

KABUL, Afghanistan — For the first time since the United Nations began documenting civilian casualties in Afghanistan a decade ago, more civilians are being killed by Afghan government and American forces than by the Taliban and other insurgents, according to a report on Wednesday.

Civilian deaths attributed to pro-government forces rose in the first quarter of this year even as overall civilian casualties dropped to their lowest level in that period since 2013.

————————————————

Figures are from the UN and for 2019 only.

People will just dismiss this as a biased source like they did the 2 million dead number for Iraq.

In reality, Bush should be remembered as a mass murderer.

Back