Tyson Wants to Fight In the UFC

Lol I'm sure you know what it takes to be an elite level athlete. Guys in their 30s can pick up grappling and be at a high level in 3 years. He's not gonna be tapping roger Gracie but he can be proficient enough for a professional fight. I've seen tons of guys get blue belt level bjj in their 30s and even 40s

fury isn’t an elite level athlete! His boxing skills and natural physical size win him fights, never his athleticism

fury isn’t an elite level athlete! His boxing skills and natural physical size win him fights, never his athleticism

You have to be athletic to move a frame like that, You also don't need to be an elite level athlete to compete in ufc....especially at HW. He's reached an elite level at his given sport. Sherdog is really filled with idiots, is it easier to learn half way decent grappling or become a world champion boxer ? Lol , if he has the grit to be a champion then he has the grit to learn some grappling and learn to sprawl. And believe me , I favor grapplers over strikers, I just feel he has the tools to do what he wants.

Also if boxing takes no athleticism, then why don't ufc guys go win a world title ? Lol....jesus this forum gets dumber by the day.

You have to be athletic to move a frame like that, You also don't need to be an elite level athlete to compete in ufc....especially at HW. He's reached an elite level at his given sport. Sherdog is really filled with idiots, is it easier to learn half way decent grappling or become a world champion boxer ? Lol , if he has the grit to be a champion then he has the grit to learn some grappling and learn to sprawl. And believe me , I favor grapplers over strikers, I just feel he has the tools to do what he wants.

Also if boxing takes no athleticism, then why don't ufc guys go win a world title ? Lol....jesus this forum gets dumber by the day.

He isn’t athletic but he has boxing skills. The best boxers reach the top of the tree, not the best athletes. The best athletes get schooled when they come up against great boxers. Josh Taylor vs Ohara Davis being a recent example. You clearly don’t know shit about boxing!

He isn’t athletic but he has boxing skills. The best boxers reach the top of the tree, not the best athletes. The best athletes get schooled when they come up against great boxers. Josh Taylor vs Ohara Davis being a recent example. You clearly don’t know shit about boxing!
I would say you need to have skills and and athleticism to reach the top. Obviously you don't know much about combat sports if you think your just going to get by on skills alone. Taylor may be a better athlete but its absolutely asinine to say Ohara Davis isnt athletic or isn't an elite athlete in his own right.

You have to be in amazing shape to fight 12 rounds at a high level and to say any world champion isn't at an elite athlete is absolutley retarded. Geez how did Manny Pacquiao beat Barerra ? Lol ....Barrera was a more well rounded fighter when he lost, speed and athleticism won there, either way both fighters are great athletes and to say otherwise is retarted. Combats sports isn't Golf and one could argue that even those guys are in decent shape these days.

Heavyweights are notoriously shit at ground-fighting though. He just needs a semblance of a sprawl and a defensive guard, and that's about it.

Lot of guys have come in with way less and done a lot at HW.
With the right matchups, he could make it to the top of the UFC HW division no doubt. The problem is that if he fights, they'll probably put him against the best, who all offer grappling threats.

A little bit of work in the gym in exchange for some publicity amongst the MMA crowd? Sure, why not.

Tysons freakish length would make him harder to takedown than Toney. There's also the fact that he's not 20 years past his prime like Toney was.
Not just past his prime, he trained at Burger King. Not to mention he only did it to pay back taxes he owed the IRS

Back