Tyson Wants to Fight In the UFC

I’d love Fury vs. Ngannou. Ngannou might actually stand with him a little bit. Anyone else it probably looks like Couture/Toney with the immediate takedown

He looks ready now.
I mean, you're not ready for the UFC just because you've hit the pads once. He should concentrate on boxing for now and if he wants to go to MMA then try it a bit later. Need I remind you that he just signed a $100m contract in boxing.

I was thinking about this the other day and he’d just be an athletic Tim Sylvia, isn’t Tim still the most dominant HW champ?

I’d genuinely like his chances considering HW is ass.

To me this is a warning sign that he has taken his eye off the ball when he should be focusing on the biggest fight of his career.

'You think I'm gonna get dropped on my head for sneaker money?' - Floyd

He would probably do terrible. He's not that powerful of a puncher and it's too late to compete with the wrestling. Focus on Wilder.

I was thinking about this the other day and he’d just be an athletic Tim Sylvia, isn’t Tim still the most dominant HW champ?

I’d genuinely like his chances considering HW is ass.
He would need 3 years of legit grappling to win, its possible with a lot of dedication.

He would need 3 years of legit grappling to win, its possible with a lot of dedication.
3 years of grappling at that age? Even Mickey Gall would sub him let's be real. He should stick to boxing.

3 years of grappling at that age? Even Mickey Gall would sub him let's be real. He should stick to boxing.

Heavyweights are notoriously shit at ground-fighting though. He just needs a semblance of a sprawl and a defensive guard, and that's about it.

Lot of guys have come in with way less and done a lot at HW.

He just loves all kinds of fighting forms. There are clips of him training low kicks with Verhoeven and yelling how is he going to Glory soon. He won't switch though as long as he is successful in boxing.

Fury has great potential for MMA. There is a longer video and he shows more there.

He just loves all kinds of fighting forms. There are clips of him training low kicks with Verhoeven and yelling how is he going to Glory soon. He won't switch though as long as he is successful in boxing.

This, tyson likes to stay busy and getting some media out. There are videos around from back in the day were hes throwing knees elbows and even headbutts on pads.

Good to see the big guy stay active and not getting fat/coked out again. February hell be ready.

I’d love Fury vs. Ngannou. Ngannou might actually stand with him a little bit. Anyone else it probably looks like Couture/Toney with the immediate takedown

Tysons freakish length would make him harder to takedown than Toney. There's also the fact that he's not 20 years past his prime like Toney was.

Last edited:
To me this is a warning sign that he has taken his eye off the ball when he should be focusing on the biggest fight of his career.

Yeah, what the hell? Is he on the sauce and the blow again? What gives? Or just PR (I hope)?

he can make millions boxing....
why in the world would he fight for pennies in the ufc?

I remember about 4 years ago he got on the MMA Hour with Helwani and said that he's sparred with a lot of kickboxers and named Verhoeven specifically. He was talking about boxing though but it piqued my curiosity nonetheless. I thought it was pretty cool to hear tbh.

Seems like he’s doing everything but getting ready for Wilder. I don’t blame him, if I got sent to the shadow realm like he did in the first fight I wouldn’t be too keen on a rematch

Back