Tyson vs. The Bear?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by jman7728, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jman7728

jman7728 White Belt

Wow Tyson must be really desperate. I don't see how they can make this happen but just the fact it's being considered is sad.

The former heavyweight champion and legendary master of controversy, "Iron" Mike Tyson, has agreed to step in the ring for one last bout, which has already scored negative feedback by various animal rights activists around the country. The 41 year old knockout artist had declined to comment on the upcoming bout; however, his new trainer, Tony Diccuio has stated that Tyson is training to fight a different type of an opponent, an Alaskan grizzly bear. "This fight has caused alot of controversy, but given [Tyson's] various legal disputes, I think this fight would help him get back on his feet", stated Diccuio at his private gym in Newark, NJ. Despite Diccuio's positive outlook on this fight, several animal rights activists have a different point of view. "I think this is one of the most disgusting displays of human behavior I have ever seen", stated Troy Coehn of the Berkley Institute for Wildlife. "To put this animal in the ring and except him to perform in a boxing match is absurd", "This is the most obvious form of animal abuse I have ever seen", stated Coehn. Tyson's trainer had a different perspective on the matter, "abuse towards who, Tyson's fighting a goddamn bear", Tony Diccuio stated. "Tyson won't be able to adhere to his classic bob n' weave style of fighting for this match, he will have to develop a different style if he wants to walk out with his head" Diccuio stated. "We have Tyson prepping for the fight now, but it may be years before we can get it sanctioned outside of the states. "Obviously, this fight isn't going to happen in Vegas, but we have a few prospects in South America that we are diving into". "This activists can complain all they want, bottom-line, Tyson may be stepping into the ring with a 800 pound beast, it could get messy". "All the proper safety precautions are being investigated and hopefully the fight can be sanctioned more sooner that later", stated Diccuio. For the rest of the world, we can only wait, and see if real life "David vs Goliath" story will even take place.

2. York

York Yellow Belt

What the - this can't be for real. If it is, HOLY F'ING SHIT.

3. Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck Purple Belt

Bahahahahahahahahahaahah

4. PankyHank

PankyHank Purple Belt

This is just wrong for both the boxer and the animal. No worse than pitbull dog fights imo.

5. KyleInAction

KyleInAction ***HOPKINS BELT***

I would have had 0 issue if Michael Vick had been fighting those dogs himself.

I know it's a sham but... War Tyson?

6. Kimura77

Kimura77 Orange Belt

......i smell a troll........

7. jman7728

jman7728 White Belt

Buddy I've been a remember here alot longer than you, just because I don't have the amount of time you do on my hands to make constant posts doesn't make me a troll, maybe it means you need to find more productive things in your life to do.

8. Kimura77

Kimura77 Orange Belt

Whats that got to do with your bull$hit story....wheres the source?

9. Hwite Belt

Hwite Belt White Belt

Yeah, I'm with you. WAR TYSON!!!

Seriously though, it's just some tabloid nonsense...

10. MisterT

MisterT Brown Belt

*sigh*

When I opened this thread, I was expecting it to be a hypothetical discussion on Mike Tyson vs Sonny "The Big Bear" Liston.....

I should have known better.....

11. Ronwah

Ronwah Knighthood pending Staff Member Senior Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.