Tyson training Ngannou

It’s feels unnatural for orthodox fighters to move to the right of you’re a novice. He’s been fighting long enough to not struggle with this anymore! As per the other thread, wilder would knock him out within a round if they fought
Yeah I know, I remember when I started it felt really clumsy moving to my right. It's just kind of funny to me that a pro MMA fighter in the biggest MMA organisation in the world still hasn't learned that. But seeing how he throws his punches it's not that surprising. It will be interesting to see his first opponent that exploits that hole.

Last edited:
Yeah I know, I remember when I started it felt really clumsy moving to my right. It's just kind of funny to me that a pro MMA fighter in the biggest MMA organisation in the world still hasn't learned that. But seeing how he throws his punches it's not that surprising. It will be interesting to see his first opponent that exploits that hole.

These big fellas can get away with a lot of shit that you can’t in every other weight class because of the disparity in size and power. Wilders is proof of that. But even then there are other things that he does do well, otherwise he wouldn’t have got to the top. Ngannou needs to stick to MMA. All he has imo is a slight punchers chance for a round against any decent HW. Can’t circle even circle to the right lol

These big fellas can get away with a lot of shit that you can’t in every other weight class because of the disparity in size and power. Wilders is proof of that. But even then there are other things that he does do well, otherwise he wouldn’t have got to the top. Ngannou needs to stick to MMA. All he has imo is a slight punchers chance for a round against any decent HW. Can’t circle even circle to the right lol
Yeah Wilder would splatter him. And not being able to circle to the right against someone with such a vicious right hand like Wilder would be a major problem. Wilder himself can't punch going backwards as we saw against Fury.

I think he'd have to find people with a similar body-type to his.

A big guy like Ngannou won't feel the need to use all of the technique that Tyson did, in order to close the distance and land his shots, because he can get away with a lot of stuff due to his height and reach. Just look at that clumsy offense against Rozenstruik, if he was Tyson's size he wouldn't have landed a blow. Chances are that he would have been chinned eventually while reaching with his sloppy punches.

If Tyson trains somebody they'd have to be short and stocky and explosive, the Cus D'Amato type fighter. Someone who really benefits from the "peekaboo" style and the tight combinations. Someone who is going to be forced to fight in a similar manner as Tyson did, due to their physical limitations in height and reach.

His punches look good with this finish, nice text book hooks and upper cuts and a straight right. The idea he just wind mills is from uneducated people.

<{cruzshake}>
Where did you learn those were textbook hooks from, Edmond Tarverdyan or Josh Fabia's School of Self Awareness? They're long hooks thrown in a slapping fashion. The textbook version is much tighter and sharper looking, level, compact (picture perfect hooks are mid range punches), connects properly with the knuckles, and is fully turned over.

Now as ugly as that was to witness technically I will say that it was cleverly utilized tactically by Ngannou. He set his man up with those long slap hooks to get him to cover up in a high guard and further used them to guide him into the path of his rear hand so he could come up the middle with heavy uppercuts (to 'thread the needle' as Joe Goosen puts it). Only he missed his rear uppercut when he had it lined up so he went to the lead uppercut instead to finish.

Back