Tyson Fury's next fight

Whyte is an average fighter at best
are we forgetting that he got sparked out by an ancient Povetkin, that he arguably lost to Chisora (first fight) and Parker, that he looked like crap and got hurt by Old Wach and got hurt by Rivas.

Whyte hasn't looked good since the Lucas Browne fight

As a fan of Del Boy and Parker, I thought Whyte won both. The first knockdown against Parker shouldn’t have been counted as it was and elbow, but it wouldn’t have affected the result.

he also beat Rivas and povetkin; now tell me what other contenders have beaten anywhere near the same quality fighter these last few years. He’s beaten better fighters than wilder, whowhi as wbc champion ffs. If he’s average than that really doesn’t say much about the current division

And lol at last looking good against Lucas Browne. The same Lucas Browne that Dave Allen knocked out not too long after. THAT’s the fight that impressed you lmfao

As a fan of Del Boy and Parker, I thought Whyte won both. The first knockdown against Parker shouldn’t have been counted as it was and elbow, but it wouldn’t have affected the result.

he also beat Rivas and povetkin; now tell me what other contenders have beaten anywhere near the same quality fighter these last few years. He’s beaten better fighters than wilder, whowhi as wbc champion ffs. If he’s average than that really doesn’t say much about the current division

And lol at last looking good against Lucas Browne. The same Lucas Browne that Dave Allen knocked out not too long after. THAT’s the fight that impressed you lmfao
He should of never lost to a 40 year old Povetkin in the first place

Fury should just trash the WBC belt, he's already won and defended it. The two guys he should be fighting aren't even ranked by the WBC.

Also, can anybody explain why the WBA, IBF and WBO don't rank Fury? he was their champ 5 years ago and hasn't lost since.

The champion of one sanctioning body is excluded from the rankings of rival sanctioning bodies.

Also, unification bouts take precedence over mandatory, so theoretically Fury could have fought Usyk first if he were available and not lose the WBC strap. Might even be able to delay negotiations long enough to make the unification his next fight, I don't know if that's possible.

The champion of one sanctioning body is excluded from the rankings of rival sanctioning bodies.

Also, unification bouts take precedence over mandatory, so theoretically Fury could have fought Usyk first if he were available and not lose the WBC strap. Might even be able to delay negotiations long enough to make the unification his next fight, I don't know if that's possible.
They gave fury 30days to make the uysk fight so obviously that isn’t going to happen. We will need to fight whyte but sure there will some sort of fury messing around

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that "rule." Although curiously Wilder isn't ranked by the IBF or the WBO, and he hasn't been champ for more than a year.

And since AJ is no longer champ, shouldn't be he be the #1 or #2 contender in the WBC? considering he's beaten two of their top 5.

Basically, my point is the belts don't mean anything, fury is the real champ and shouldn't hesitate to trash a belt if the challenger isn't worthy.

Fury should just trash the WBC belt, he's already won and defended it. The two guys he should be fighting aren't even ranked by the WBC.

Also, can anybody explain why the WBA, IBF and WBO don't rank Fury? he was their champ 5 years ago and hasn't lost since.
This is what is frustrating about boxing and all these belts. He should be fighting only one fight: the winner of Usyk AJ. The Whyte fight will not sell that well, and, it is HW boxing. What happens if he gets caught? Then what? The AJ vs Usyk fight winner is greatly diminished. Got to make the big match ups while you can. Knowing Fury, how he raises his game for the largest challenges & fights more poorly for the smaller names, I can totally see Whyte having success and pulling off the upset.

Povetkin was a good fighter, who landed a great timed shot.
Yea he was past it, but Whyte went laxed there and Povetkin made him pay for it.
One of the best knockouts I've seen in a while in regards to timing and reading a fighter. He pulled it out the bag just considering he was losing...Pov isn't old just experienced lol

Back