Tyson Fury's next fight

Whyte's been the WBC mandatory since the time that people thought Fury was totally shot.

I'm not really excited about the fight, but Whyte has been legitimately screwed around by an org that he's paid a shitload of money in sanctioning fees to.
This, Whyte really deserves it more than anyone and then some. How could anyone argue against that. If Fury doesnt fight him it will really be a shitty move and I cant see Fury as the champ then.

He should probably fight some nobody for a ridiculously inflated purse, then take the winner of Usyk/Joshua and then the loser assuming it's Joshua. In the ideal world which we don't live in where fans decide the fights, it would be great to see Fury vs Whyte and have Fury subsequently plough through all the contenders to silence the AJ resume-clingers. OTOH I have the suspicion Fury could do with taking some extra time out after taking too many Hardest Punches In The World in his last fight, so wouldn't be surprised if he just returns vs Usyk/AJ.

I'd like to see him fight Whyte.

Whyte has been a contender for a long time now- he's fought most of the other contenders (as opposed to champs) and beat them. The one fight he's lost in the last 5 years, he avenged straight away in the rematch.

Fury could fight Joyce and it would be utterly meaningless. A fight vs Whyte has a few good things going for it;
a) it gets Whyte out of the way to make the eventual "big British" showdown with Joshua more legit.

b) A win vs Whyte is a decent resume addition- he's ranked top 5 by most organisations + boxrec. Fury only has so many fights left, he doesn't need to be wasting them.

c) Whyte has been mandatory for a while iirc and never got his shot yet.

It's extremely disappointing that they're doing an unnecessary Joshua/Usyk rematch. Fury should've been scheduled to fight Usyk immediately after Wilder, especially since he's known for sitting out for ages and not fighting the guys he should be fighting when the fight matters (or alternatively, wasting his prime rematching someone over and over for years). Now he'll have an excuse to sit out and get lazy again, or straight up retire having never solidified his resume.

The answer is= beat a top 5 ranked fighter in Whyte, adding a title defence vs a legit contender. Then fight winner of Joshua/Usyk...

Then retire. Get fat. Make another huge comback at age 37 in a few years & clean out whoever else is ruling the division by that time. Go down as a GOAT heavyweight.

I wouldn't mind seeing fury fight joyce. Obviously fury is the favourite. But joyce has enough qualities to keep it interesting ie. big guy, throws a lot of punches, good gas tank and great chin. I didn't realise how big joyce was until i saw him beside dubois before their fight. Obvioisly not as tall as fury but probably has thicker joints and frame. Joyce also looks like one of those dudes thats naturally freakishly strong.
As you said Fury is going to be a big favourite but Joyce has some better qualities compared to Wilder like better cardio, durability and technical skills.

Justis Huni

Justis Huni missed the olympics because he broke his hands fighting a rugby league player- knowing he had already damaged hands going into the fight.

Justis Huni and whoever is "advising" him are WAY too stupid to get him anywhere near a title shot for a good long while.

Cant think of a worst stylistic matchup than Joyce/Fury. Wilder cant box for shit but at least hes fast, Joyce

Ugly fight. Whyte is better but hes going to struggle big time to get inside on Fury.

Cant think of a worst stylistic matchup than Joyce/Fury. Wilder cant box for shit but at least hes fast, Joyce

Ugly fight. Whyte is better but hes going to struggle big time to get inside on Fury.

My thoughts exactly. I think big joe can cause pretty much everyone problems in this division other than usyk and fury. His feet and hands are just too slow.

I think the whyte and Fury fight will be exciting.

I'd love to see a whyte vs AJ 2 if I'm honest, i think I'd rather see that than AJ vs Fury. AJ vs Wilder would be good too and even Whyte vs Wilder lol.

I'm been totally honest I just think AJ vs Fury would be shite...if AJ doesn't revert to his old ways it'll just be a boring 12 rounder and points win for Fury.

The only reason I'd pick the other fights other the AJ vs Fury one is because Whyte and Wilder bring the fight to the man! I'm a Fury fan but he'd be happy to put on a show like he did against Klitschko and I genuinely think that's what he'd try and do.

waits for 4 years for his title shot and probably wont even land a single punch

This, Whyte really deserves it more than anyone and then some. How could anyone argue against that. If Fury doesnt fight him it will really be a shitty move and I cant see Fury as the champ then.
Whyte is an average fighter at best
are we forgetting that he got sparked out by an ancient Povetkin, that he arguably lost to Chisora (first fight) and Parker, that he looked like crap and got hurt by Old Wach and got hurt by Rivas.

Whyte hasn't looked good since the Lucas Browne fight

Fury should just trash the WBC belt, he's already won and defended it. The two guys he should be fighting aren't even ranked by the WBC.

Also, can anybody explain why the WBA, IBF and WBO don't rank Fury? he was their champ 5 years ago and hasn't lost since.

Whyte is an average fighter at best
are we forgetting that he got sparked out by an ancient Povetkin, that he arguably lost to Chisora (first fight) and Parker, that he looked like crap and got hurt by Old Wach and got hurt by Rivas.

Whyte hasn't looked good since the Lucas Browne fight

Tell me who is better besides Usyk & AJ. He still he has better wins then Wilder who everyone applauded like he is the second coming of Foreman. Whyte is the official contender now for a long time so either we dont give a crap about titles at all or Fury fights Whyte.

The WBC is just a shitty organisation alltogether. They made Whyte pay all the sanctioning fees for years to be the official nr.1 contender and then they fucked him over.

Back