Tyson Fury's Father Furious, Wants Him To Dump Team

Casual Fan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
And Fury’s father John believed it was the poorest display of his career.

He told BT Sport Box Office: “It’s the worst I’ve seen from Tyson.

“I’m proud of how he has mauled his way through but he has to be honest and say things are not right. For a man to be in that condition after eight weeks (in) camp – it looked like he had nothing after round two.

“His strength and power went tonight, he was as weak as a kitten from the first round. At 18 stone one, I’ve warned him and warned him. He is a 19-stone fighter.

“If I had my way, the lot (Tyson’s corner) would be gone. If they keep that team that will be his career.

“There was no snap to the punches, he lost his shape, the power was not there, his feet were coming together, it was an untidy effort.

“His will to win is unprecedented but he made hard work of it from the off. How does a man like Otto Wallin, with limited ability, get that close with a piercing jab?

“An injury like that could finish a career, he might need surgery on that.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/tyson-f...-142570?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Well, it wasn’t the sharpest Tyson Fury ever.

I agree 100%.

Ben Davison is a joke of a trainer. Clueless.

He definetly seemed to lack some strength... Speed was there most of the time but lacked power.

Also Otto seems to be a tough SOB, those viking genes dudes certainly can take alot of punishment when they are motivated.

Anyway, im hoping Fury comes better prepared for Wilder, and a bit heavier..

One bad performance and now Ben Davidson is a bad trainer? Did he not have Ben as the trainer when he arguably beat Wilder?

In all fairness fury should be out boxing wilder, as he did that night.
The issue is the shit he is fighting, esoecially as he’s claiming to be the lineal still

They both had featherweight power. Otto didnt even have that after 6 rounds.

One bad performance and now Ben Davidson is a bad trainer? Did he not have Ben as the trainer when he arguably beat Wilder?

Nonsense, he’s done absolutely nothing in the sport. He’s just Tyson’s mate and a glorified PE Teacher.

I think Tyson’s style is all his own, Ben Davidson is a conditioning coach and has done a pretty amazing job of getting all that weight off Tyson. I don’t think it would matter who was in Tyson’s corner he will fight his own way regardless.

Not going to disagree with anything that was mentioned but are we going to just pretend that the loss of all that blood had nothing to do with his stamina and strength declining rapidly ?

Nonsense, he’s done absolutely nothing in the sport. He’s just Tyson’s mate and a glorified PE Teacher.
Based on what? If next fight Tyson has a great performance then by your logic Ben will have had nothing to do with it?

Fury should be criticised for trying to cherry pick worse than any other HW this year, but tbf that was a really bad cut and it happened early. Granted if the same thing happened but it was one of the top HWs in there instead of Wallin, things could have gone much worse for him.

And Fury’s father John believed it was the poorest display of his career.

He told BT Sport Box Office: “It’s the worst I’ve seen from Tyson.

“I’m proud of how he has mauled his way through but he has to be honest and say things are not right. For a man to be in that condition after eight weeks (in) camp – it looked like he had nothing after round two.

“His strength and power went tonight, he was as weak as a kitten from the first round. At 18 stone one, I’ve warned him and warned him. He is a 19-stone fighter.

“If I had my way, the lot (Tyson’s corner) would be gone. If they keep that team that will be his career.

“There was no snap to the punches, he lost his shape, the power was not there, his feet were coming together, it was an untidy effort.

“His will to win is unprecedented but he made hard work of it from the off. How does a man like Otto Wallin, with limited ability, get that close with a piercing jab?

“An injury like that could finish a career, he might need surgery on that.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/tyson-f...-142570?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Agreed I think Tyson has regressed under that team. Dont think they are experienced enough to give him what he needs. Thought he looked slow and sloppy, completely switched off in 12th round if he did that against Wilder again it'll be lights out

Was it me, or was Fury’s cutman not using any adrenaline or similar - he just seemed to be toweling the cut and then putting a shit load of vaseline into it.

Not going to disagree with anything that was mentioned but are we going to just pretend that the loss of all that blood had nothing to do with his stamina and strength declining rapidly ?

I don't think we should pretend that he was a big puncher injury free either. His father seems to think so though

Hes so fucking lucky that wasnt stopped on cuts.

Back