Tyson Fury would get easily destroyed in MMA

Yet somehow Izzy, a kickboxer with zero wrestling background, is going to easily handle Yoel Romero.

This just goes to show you that it wouldn't take that much training for an elite boxer to be able to stuff a takedown.
Depends on the Boxers ability to learn TDD and the fighters he goes up against abilities to take the Boxer down.

Fury has great movement and is athletic for such a big guy, but could he learn to stuff a take down from Stipe when Francis, who had 4 years training up to the point of their first fight, got taken down repeatedly and couldn't knock Stipe out?

He's light on his feet but he's not athletic for MMA like DC or Stipe.

Yet somehow Izzy, a kickboxer with zero wrestling background, is going to easily handle Yoel Romero.

This just goes to show you that it wouldn't take that much training for an elite boxer to be able to stuff a takedown.

Israel Adesanya has been training and competing in MMA since at least 2012

I have been seeing fanatical Tyson Fury fans on here saying how he would beat MMA fighters in an MMA fight...

Seriously, has anyone here NOT seen 1-dimensional boxers in MMA before?

Boxers like Tyson Fury would also get destroyed in kickboxing:

Tyson Fury would actually be one of the few boxers that would translate perfectly to MMA.

You have no idea what you’re talking about

Would he be favourite agains a UFC top 10 heavyweight? No
Would he most likely get taken down and submitted? Yes
Would he get destroyed? Most definintely not.

It only takes one good punch before the MMA fighter can't shoot properly anymore, and Fury is a huge dude. Also could actually use a perfect guillotine with his long arms.
Long arms are not very good for guillotine

HW is so thin, he would be top 5... and I'm not really a Fury fan.

He would struggle against chain-style grapplers (DC, prime Cain, maybe Blaydes,... anybody Sonnen-esque, etc....)

Well so many fighters stand and brawl in MMA, so to have boxing at a point where your leaps and bounds better then most is huge. Fights start on the feet as well so. A guy with weak boxing who trains MMA would get knocked out real fast in boxing most of the time.
This

Just because they practice boxing doesn't make them a master of it. In a boxing match, the MMA fighter loses to someone who dedicates 100 percent of their time to it.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why everyone always brings up James Toney as some sort of mic drop in this discussion. Toney was 15 years passed his prime and weighed in nearly 100 lbs north of his ideal fighting weight when he fought Randy. In addition, many of his most prominent skills (shoulder rolls, fighting well off the ropes) have zero application in mma. It’s not like he was a huge puncher.
Yeah, Toney was trash by then. The fight was a sideshow for PPV money.

Still not saying that any boxer really would stand a chance against a pro MMA fighter in an MMA fight unless they scored a knockdown right away.

But, take the best striker out of the 135 pound division and have him fight Lomachenko in a boxing match and see how well they do. Even with 4 oz gloves on in a Octagon. My money's on Vasyl.

I don’t understand why everyone always brings up James Toney as some sort of mic drop in this discussion. Toney was 15 years passed his prime and weighed in nearly 100 lbs north of his ideal fighting weight when he fought Randy. In addition, many of his most prominent skills (shoulder rolls, fighting well off the ropes) have zero application in mma. It’s not like he was a huge puncher.

you most likely understand. it's just illogical since it's a hasty generalization (a fallacy) among other aspects that results in it as illogical.

"X boxer lost in an mma fight (or was taken down); therefore, (all/most/in general) boxers would lose in an mma fight (or would be taken down.)"

aee7853ec5ca6f472f7946b1a95568f9.gif

Yeah, Toney was trash by then. The fight was a sideshow for PPV money.

Still not saying that any boxer really would stand a chance against a pro MMA fighter in an MMA fight unless they scored a knockdown right away.

But, take the best striker out of the 135 pound division and have him fight Lomachenko in a boxing match and see how well they do. Even with 4 oz gloves on in a Octagon. My money's on Vasyl.
Lomachenko is my A1 pick for who I'd like to see transition.

Guy is unreal, and can grapple, albeit somewhat basically.

Lomachenko is my A1 pick for who I'd like to see transition.

Guy is unreal, and can grapple, albeit somewhat basically.

Lomachenko was a youth sambo champ, who could have competed for the national Championship, good Wrestler & Judoka.

His grappling Background is legit compared to most MMA guys.

Hes super strong

giphy.gif

I'm implying that the same Conor fans, who said Conor would outbox a boxer in a boxing ring, are now saying that Tyson Fury would beat MMA fighters in MMA fights. <45> Check the threads.

yeah, id rather not read casuals idiotic mc gregor fans, 'cause like every fanboy they talk.2much gibberish.

and also happen that mc gregor fans are the worst, low bottom noob trendies annoying metrosexuals ever.

so.to each its own

Is this even thread worthy ? Anyone who argues other wise is idiotic.

Back