Tyson Fury would get easily destroyed in MMA

The fact that so many people are saying fury would beat mma fighters in an mma bout goes to show how extremely uneducated fight fans are.

The fact that so many people are saying fury would beat mma fighters in an mma bout goes to show how extremely uneducated fight fans are.

No it shows not everyone is under 13. No one in the UFC could get past his jab. Anyone that just went for a takedown would get KOed

I have been seeing fanatical Tyson Fury fans on here saying how he would beat MMA fighters in an MMA fight...

Seriously, has anyone here NOT seen 1-dimensional boxers in MMA before?

Boxers like Tyson Fury would also get destroyed in kickboxing:

What fascinating insight! I will counter with saying Messi would get messed up in American football.

You fucking idiot

I have been seeing fanatical Tyson Fury fans on here saying how he would beat MMA fighters in an MMA fight...

Seriously, has anyone here NOT seen 1-dimensional boxers in MMA before?

Boxers like Tyson Fury would also get destroyed in kickboxing:

he would. so would Deontay Wilder. the threads on here saying wilder or fury would dominate in UFC are funny to read. they would get taken down and beaten up or subbed

he would. so would Deontay Wilder. the threads on here saying wilder or fury would dominate in UFC are funny to read. they would get taken down and beaten up or subbed

with MMA Training.

Exactly what I was about to post!!!! Timmeh was not the worst MMA fighter by a long way either!
He was also fat as shit at the time of the fight (310 lbs) and has always had horrible plodding movement.

Not a great example of MMA vs Boxing.

We all know that Wilder and Fury both couldn't take too many leg kicks, and wouldn't be able to do shit off their backs with someone experienced enough on top of them. The only way they win is if it's standup only, in which case it's not really MMA, it's just boxing with MMA gloves...

ApPn5n.gif

To be fair, ray mercer punches a lot harder than fury.

Jose Aldo transitioned from semi-pro football (soccer) into MMA partly because of his kicking abilities and balance.

AccomplishedFastKittiwake-size_restricted.gif

Obviously boxing is a lot closer to MMA... But being athletic and physical in general will always be a massive advantage in the cage.

These examples are usually people doing it at a younger age. Fury is 31 how much could he realistically learn? Even cro cop was 26 when he came from kickboxing (which is imo a better base for mma)

Furys massive fight IQ alone is on a different Level compared to cro cops.

some styles are better suited for MMA for people who are transitioning late. Cro cop had a great style for MMA with fast explosive powerful strikes. Cro Cop was a multidimensional striker with KO power and was extremely fast. with Fury he has boxing skill but I don't see him as some monstrous puncher the way Cro Cop was with his strikes.

some styles are better suited for MMA for people who are transitioning late. Cro cop had a great style for MMA with fast explosive powerful strikes. Cro Cop was a multidimensional striker with KO power and was extremely fast. with Fury he has boxing skill but I don't see him as some monstrous puncher the way Cro Cop was with his strikes.

So failed NFL guys, part times fighters can do well and even make it to the top,..

but a GIANT 270 lbs, with the skills and fight IQ of a low weight class fighter and very good power is too old?

never underestimate the Gypsy King

So failed NFL guys, part times fighters can do well and even make it to the top,..

but a GIANT 270 lbs, with the skills and fight IQ of a low weight class fighter and very good power is too old?

never underestimate the Gypsy King

a lot of athletes can make it if they start training young. but how many people from striking arts transitioned to mma at 31 with success? This is no disrespect to Tyson, hes a great boxer but if he was 25 instead of 31 i'd be more optimistic. He'd be like Ngannou in boxing, he'd knock out some low tier people but wouldn't beat people who were good at the sport.

I'd have to agree that a Boxer with a few years of TDD and Submission D training would likely fair well, BUT there's no guarantee:

Adesanya is the champ and he spent most of his life training Kickboxing(scratch that, he picked up Kckboxing at 18), but you know who else did? Stephen Thompson. Thompson got completely owned by T-Wood in the Wrestling department and then proceeded to fight tentative in their first fight, so we need to remind ourselves that it depends who the Boxers go up against and their own individual talent for Grappling.

Hell look at a fight in the HW division: When Stipe and Francis fought Francis had roughly 4 years experience going into that fight, yet Stipe took him down at will. (not that Francis is some great Boxer on the level of Fury, but you get the point about where 4 years TDD gets you) AND Francis has serious power

Last edited:
I don’t understand why everyone always brings up James Toney as some sort of mic drop in this discussion. Toney was 15 years passed his prime and weighed in nearly 100 lbs north of his ideal fighting weight when he fought Randy. In addition, many of his most prominent skills (shoulder rolls, fighting well off the ropes) have zero application in mma. It’s not like he was a huge puncher.

Why do some people take such delight in saying "x" would easily beat "y" as though the achievements of "x" were their own

Yet somehow Izzy, a kickboxer with zero wrestling background, is going to easily handle Yoel Romero.

This just goes to show you that it wouldn't take that much training for an elite boxer to be able to stuff a takedown.

Back