Tyson Fury would get easily destroyed in MMA

So a guy like Derrick Lewis can have success in mma. but a boxer like fury couldn’t possibly learn anything fight related? Many good fighters from who started out kickboxing and boxing.

You’re acting like they won’t or can’t learn anything is ridiculous.

If he dedicated himself he would do just fine.

It's not all that different. You start a round standing up, just like in boxing. All of the MMA fighters train boxing. MMA and boxing is in the sphere of combat sports. There has been boxers and MMA fighters who have transitioned to boxing or MMA. It's not a completely different sport like soccer and MMA.
Jose Aldo transitioned from semi-pro football (soccer) into MMA partly because of his kicking abilities and balance.

AccomplishedFastKittiwake-size_restricted.gif

Obviously boxing is a lot closer to MMA... But being athletic and physical in general will always be a massive advantage in the cage.

Last edited:
Jose Aldo transitioned from semi-pro football (soccer) into MMA partly because of his kicking abilities.

AccomplishedFastKittiwake-size_restricted.gif

Obviously boxing is a lot closer to MMA... But being athletic and physical in general will always be a massive advantage in the cage.

Well said observation.

Fury might do well in MMA, only because so few HW's ever try to take a fight to the ground. How many HW's have a good ground game? DC, Frank Mir, Fedor. All 3 of them are in the twilight of their career.:rolleyes:

Fury might do well in MMA, only because so few HW's ever try to take a fight to the ground. How many HW's have a good ground game? DC, Frank Mir, Fedor. All 3 of them are in the twilight of their career.:rolleyes:

Ngannou has really underrated submissions:
ngannou-kimura.gif

Stipe, Cormier, Blaydes have very good wrestling to nullify any 1-dimensional strikers and beat them with gnp.

Aldo Looks like a giant compared to Soccer players

<mma4>
That's Neymar he flicks the ball over in some stars and celebs charity game a couple of years ago... Aldo was the real deal.

Dont try to talk yourself into believing that mma isnt a low-skill sport. People start MMA in their 30s and can compete with the elite. So stfu. Imagine a guy starting boxing in their late 20s early 30s. Would never come close to the top 10. If Fury trained for 2 years he would slaughter those unathletic bums in the UFC HW devision. Same for Wilder, Joshua etc. HW Boxing >>>> HW UFC
Apart from McGregor MMA is boring and will shrink once he retires.

we heard the same shit About Adensaya and hes the champ now.

MMA with no Training makes no sense …Tiny Shorts , different rules, cage and gloves, no shoes etc.

Your Videos are shit:

1. James Tony is not a HW and he fought TRT Randy
2. Williams was old as fuck and he fought Alex & Alex was legit as fuck.

Thats like Posting a gif of BJ … when a fat untrained guy knoched him the fuck out.

edit:

Im sure you hate White and popular fighters from ireland

Thats just Sylvia being a dumbass. Mercer got whooped from pillar to post by mma novice and street fighter Kimbo Slice.

That will happen 100% of the times when you stand in front of a pro boxer.

Ngannou has really underrated submissions:
ngannou-kimura.gif

Stipe, Cormier, Blaydes have very good wrestling to nullify any 1-dimensional strikers and beat them with gnp.
OK, just very seldom do I see current HW's use wrestling. Even DC, an Olympic wrestler, seldom goes for takedowns.

Yeah but boxers would do better in mma.

MMA fighters boxing don't do so good.

Heavyweight boxing is pretty shit right now, nowhere near as deep as the lighter divisions. There's a guy currently in the top 10 who is undefeated but lost to an out of prime Cro Cop twice in kickboxing.

Another insecure MMA tard that needs to bark because he can't deal with the fact a real sport like boxing is getting all the praise and attention

Before the rise of Big Frank I would have agreed with you, but two facts keep presenting themselves;

1) HW, more than any other division in MMA, has consistently showcased fighters that have zero grappling ability, but smash through most of their opponents with brute force punching power.

2) Tyson is an exceptionally gifted athlete in terms of movement relative to his size, fight IQ, and pure determination. A man who is 6'9", cutting to make the weight limit and knows how to use his frame in a combat scenario is going to cause a lot of problems for all but the very best at HW.

OK, just very seldom do I see current HW's use wrestling. Even DC, an Olympic wrestler, seldom goes for takedowns.

Not all HW use wrestlings predominantly in their fights, but guys like Stipe, Cormier, and Blaydes use wrestling quite frequently.

Stipe:
NiceFeminineCub.gif

stipe-takedown.gif

giphy.gif

Cormier:
giphy.gif

n5yHAU2.gif

giphy.gif

Blaydes:
tumblr_pow7ybE5NR1uk07ru_540.gif

I have been seeing fanatical Tyson Fury fans on here saying how he would beat MMA fighters in an MMA fight...

Seriously, has anyone here NOT seen 1-dimensional boxers in MMA before?

Boxers like Tyson Fury would also get destroyed in kickboxing:

Art did well in mma and I remember tony beating a former ufc champ in mma.. out of shape old and out of prime at that you just show fights that were lost.... and you're point is not valid.. now if everyone in mma was a div1 grappler and that's there style sure but ufc would be gay asf in that case

MMA fighters practice boxing, the only pre-requisite needed to box. Boxers do not practice wrestling, jujitsu, kicking or a plethora of other disciplines that go into this sport, so no....you are pretty wrong.
The HWs are terrible at everything you said there. Francis has no wrestling or jiu jitsu background afaik and he did fine vs Stipe till he gassed and he still wasn't finished.
If Fury trains mma for 6 months he is a top 3 HW.
If however you're talking lower weight class fighters like Pac or Mayweather then yes, those guys won't have the KO power of HWs and the skill level of MMA fighters at those weight classes are way better at takedowns and BJJ.

I've seen several fights of Red Scorpion but vs the boxer went under my radar.
I felt bad watching it. lol Those crossovers are only good if you happen to hate the one who tries his luck.

fuck man who else would suck at mma
we already have dave beckham
i bet that fucking 42 yeah old guy who played hockey this weekend would suck at mma too

Back