Tyson Fury would clean out UFC's HW division within 6 months of training

Sure!

tenor.gif
That's a solid point for sure

I think people overestimate the kickboxer's ability against the boxer (who comes from a much larger talent pool).

People hypothesize as if they would fight as they are today, which is obviously silly. Undertaking a fight involves preparing for something new. It's not like a match would take place the following day after the moment it was discussed; everyone would get a chance to train for the opponent. It isn't like a boxer couldn't train and learn to defend kicks/elbows/knees.
Saying that Ngannou would win against Fury on the feet because he "has" a low kick is as silly as claiming a blue belt would submit Saulaev because he has more tools than him, it is even sillier to think that if you give Sadulaev a 6 months camp

Maybe except for Stipe and Blaydes because they can employ high level wrestling if needed...
But for the others it would be KO city all day

Name me one thing Ngannou has and Tyson hasn't, except maybe legkicks, which he doesn't use anyway, and Tyson has decent kickboxer himself.

A level athleticism matters.
What you are really saying is that Tyson with training would be extremely difficult to take down and hold down. I dont think that is true, very tall guys with weak wrestling are usually in trouble in MMA(a little debatable, know). Leave the top 10 out of it for a minute. Lets compare him with a new guy like Alexander Romanov. You think in 6 months Romanov wouldnt be able to take him down and keep him there? Ngannou would be interesting to see, I dont know what would happen, you would think Tyson could deal with the blitz easily and Ngannou would have to grapple, who knows? Would Leg kicks be significant or would Tyson be able to pressure Ngannou so much that he couldn't kick?

Last edited:
Imagine living in 2020, where MMA has been around over 20 years now, and still believing complete autistic shit like this.

<{anton}>

Honestly though HW today is so lacking in diverse talent there is a case that Fury with some intensive takedown defence training might be able to beat alot of the ranked guys, maybe a year rather than 6 months.

Its mostly a division of boxers so a boxer might well fine it easy than in the days of Fedor, Cain, Barnett, Lesnar, etc.

A young Mike tyson with his low centre of gravity and tree trunk legs would be much more effective

Imagine that guy at 22 with a few years cross training?
Young Mike had the juice, hard. That would also help a transitioning boxer. For my money I'd bet that Klitschko Sr (Vitali) would have done well in MMA. He was huge, but very athletic. He had an *extensive* amateur kickboxing record, and a goat-level pro boxing career. Never dropped once. He's also PhD'd, loves chess, and was governor of Kiev. It's a pity him and Putin (BB judo) never fought.

What you are really saying is that Tyson with training would be extremely difficult to take down and hold down. I dont think that is true, very tall guys with weak wrestling are usually in trouble in MMA(a little debatable, know). Leave the top 10 out of it for a minute. Lets compare him with a new guy like Alexander Romanov. You think in 6 months Romanov wouldnt be able to take him down and keep him there? Ngannou would be interesting to see, I dont know what would happen, you would think Tyson could deal with the blitz easily and Ngannou would have to grapple, who knows? Would Leg kicks be significant or would Tyson be able to pressure Ngannou so much that he couldn't kick?
Good points. I think the bigger issue here is that *especially * in HW, most fighters are 2-dimensional strikers, so an elite grappler can often handle them, just as an elite striker/boxer/kickboxer can. Fury would absolutely tear apart most of the "brawler" strikers the HW features so much. . . but anyone with any grappling, wrestling/TDs would utterly destroy him. . . a la Couture vs Toney.

Good points. I think the bigger issue here is that *especially * in HW, most fighters are 2-dimensional strikers, so an elite grappler can often handle them, just as an elite striker/boxer/kickboxer can. Fury would absolutely tear apart most of the "brawler" strikers the HW features so much. . . but anyone with any grappling, wrestling/TDs would utterly destroy him. . . a la Couture vs Toney.
Agree

This is dumb! The only way Fury is getting a win in the cage is if someone just decides to box with him. Nganou cleans everyone up right now. if you're human and have a human chin than you better keep your ass away from the predator...

Back