Tyson Fury wants to fight Miocic

These fucking boxers need to stay in their lane. If they are going to call out MMA fighters they need to come over and do it under MMA rules. The same goes for MMA fighters if they call out boxers, they need to do it under boxing rules.
Thing is they are almost always the A side and the MMA fighters would gladly box them for a better pay check.

that's exactly it. If it's just boxing he has a massive advantage. BUT he wants even MORE advantage by wearing only 4ounce gloves??? GTFO Fury. That's a bitch move.

You don't want a FIGHT you want to box someone up with tiny gloves. Fucking coward.
For the record I think Wilder finishes him this time. No more bullshit miracles and 15 second counts where the referee gets to ask 20 questions before resuming the fight. As a HW Fury's lame as hell to watch, a poor man's Ali. Wilder would do way better in real mma rules compared to that bald oaf.

He is a golden gloves champion.

He won a regional golden gloves tournament in Cleveland, which got him a birth in the National Golden Gloves. He got blanked by Bryant Jennings (he actually had more boxing experience than Jennings at this time), who became a respectable HW in the pros, in the National Golden Gloves.

For the record I think Wilder finishes him this time. No more bullshit miracles and 15 second counts where the referee gets to ask 20 questions before resuming the fight. As a HW Fury's lame as hell to watch, a poor man's Ali. Wilder would do way better in real mma rules compared to that bald oaf.
The only miracle from that fight was Wilder getting the draw.

The only miracle from that fight was Wilder getting the draw.
Don't forget the extra 8 seconds Fury got after getting up on the 9th second. Referee should resume the fight ASAP not playing 20 questions. If you're not ready to fight after getting up immediately then you're not able to defend yourself intelligently in a reasonable amount of time.

Don't forget the extra 8 seconds Fury got after getting up on the 9th second. Referee should resume the fight ASAP not playing 20 questions. If you're not ready to fight after getting up immediately then you're not able to defend yourself intelligently in a reasonable amount of time.
After the count, a ref will check to make sure the fighter is willing and able to fight. Either by asking questions to get correct answers or judge by their demeanor. Pretty standard protocol.

That's not how it works. Their job is to establish if the fighter has regained his feet before the count ends, then establish if it's safe for them to continue, and, then, make sure the fight is resumed in a safe, timely fashion, which includes wiping down the gloves if they've gotten off the canvas with the help of their gloves. There is nothing that says the fight must immediately resume as soon as the 10 count is over.

Reiss didn't do anything wrong on either of the counts in that fight.

After the count, a ref will check to make sure the fighter is willing and able to fight. Either by asking questions to get correct answers or judge by their demeanor. Pretty standard protocol.
Yeah you're absolutely right. But taking an additional 8 seconds is absurd. The ref should simply ask the fighter to take a fighting pose and ask "can you fight?" Just by looking at body language and the eyes is enough to see if he's able to understand the question. All of this should take no longer than 3 seconds. You don't need to have him walk back and forth.

That's not how it works. Their job is to establish if the fighter has regained his feet before the count ends, then establish if it's safe for them to continue, and, then, make sure the fight is resumed in a safe, timely fashion, which includes wiping down the gloves if they've gotten off the canvas with the help of their gloves. There is nothing that says the fight must immediately resume as soon as the 10 count is over.

Reiss didn't do anything wrong on either of the counts in that fight.
I've never seen a referee give a fighter such a long time to recover. Asking if the fighter can continue and to resume a fighting pose should take no longer than 3 seconds. Otherwise we're dealing with subjective bs every single time a fighter gets knocked down.

This doesn't benefit Stipe at all

Fury would embarrass Stipe in boxing rules

I've never seen a referee give a fighter such a long time to recover. Asking if the fighter can continue and to resume a fighting pose should take no longer than 3 seconds. Otherwise we're dealing with subjective bs every single time a fighter gets knocked down.

The referee did a great job in not stopping the fight when Fury was down, giving him a 10 count to get up, and then ensuring he was capable of continuing to fight.

If anyone messed up it was definitely the judges.

The referee did a great job in not stopping the fight when Fury was down, giving him a 10 count to get up, and then ensuring he was capable of continuing to fight.

If anyone messed up it was definitely the judges.
Walking back and forth is bs. If you need to walk back and forth to clear your head then you're not fit to fight.

Walking back and forth is bs. If you need to walk back and forth to clear your head then you're not fit to fight.

It wasn’t done to allow Fury to get fit to fight, it was about ensuring he was fit to fight.

Just another example MMA guys are the monsters. Fury’s a bitch wanting to fight where he has a clear advantage. Stipe buries Fury in MMA. Double leg to face smash. All day.

I doubt it happens, but fuck I love fury. Essentially an authentic and legit McGregor. If this doesn't happen it's not because fury doesn't want it.

And as a bit subtractor of stipe, I think fury loses this one. His defence won't be half as effective in the smalll gloves, and stipe has the speed. Still would watch.
lols. stipe has trex arms. his boxing is average. he beat ngannou due to a chin and francis gassing. with these rules stipe would get destroyed.

I doubt it happens, but fuck I love fury. Essentially an authentic and legit McGregor. If this doesn't happen it's not because fury doesn't want it.

And as a bit subtractor of stipe, I think fury loses this one. His defence won't be half as effective in the smalll gloves, and stipe has the speed. Still would watch.

Fury doesn't block punches. He slips them with head/upperbody movement and uses nimble foot-work for such a big guy to off-set his opponents.

If he could survive 12 rounds with Wilder, there's no way in hell that Stipe is going to do anything to him. In a boxing match. Stipe with MMA gloves still doesn't punch anywhere near as hard as Wilder with boxing gloves.

Under MMA rules, Stipe takes him down and quickly pounds him out/submits him.

Nah man. Tyson fucking Fury omoplata's stipe R1...

<1>
Dude you live in some fantasy land. I’m all for reasonable discussion, but if a life-long wrester and Olympian like DC can’t do it, Fury sure as shit won’t.

Back