Tyson Fury vs Overeem

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Tyson Fury takes one fight in the UFC.... Overeem, Ngannou, or Derrick Lewis? those would be my top 3 picks. Overeem vs Fury could actually bring in a lot of viewers.

You can't throw him in there with fricking DC or Stipe obviously.

I actually think Overeem might get KOed by Fury if he stands with him........ or maybe Reem submits tyson in 2 minutes or chops his leg off with 2 leg kicks lol..

Overeem vs Fury? would you watch?

Last edited:
any ufc fighter would just take him down and sub him.

reem especially. he got 17 subs.

Absolutely! But Overeem isn’t stupid, he’d light fury up with kicks from the outside, and work a takedown as soon as he could. Def a chance that fury could KO him standing, so it would be an interesting fight.

Meh. Fury would probably beat Overeem with a few months of take down defense training. Fury’s level of boxing is so far above Reem.

Why people do this.. yes fury has a punchers chance but with mma it only 10-15% that being generous. Just like ufc fighter might have 10-15% chance to catching fury in a boxing match.

Why people do this.. yes fury has a punchers chance but with mma it only 10-15% that being generous. Just like ufc fighter might have 10-15% chance to catching fury in a boxing match.

Fury vs Overeem though? Overeem has about a 5 percent chance of beating Tyson Fury in boxing.
I'd give Fury a 30% chance of KOing Overeem in MMA. Love Overeem but I chose him for the hypothetical matchup because he stands and bangs 90 percent of the time and as we know..... that chin is... well... suspect

but of course if Overeem can just push Tyson against the fence and take him down it would be over quick

Braun Stroman couldn't even beat Fury in WWE and now Overeem is going to beat him?

Ok....

I don't think Fury would have any idea how to stop a takedown or even how move properly in an mma match. If he is going to move like a boxer, he is pretty much going down instantly.

Overeem vs Fury in MMA is easy win for Overeem. Alistair has been KOed a bunch but he is not a dumb fighter. He is savy enough to avoid playing around on the feet and get the fight to the ground.

Overeem vs Fury in MMA is easy win for Overeem. Alistair has been KOed a bunch but he is not a dumb fighter. He is savy enough to avoid playing around on the feet and get the fight to the ground.

like he did with big Frank, right?

is there a special calculator that you use to predict such specific percentages?

Even Derrick Lewis and Mark Hunt ?
maybe, id like to think hunt is well versed enough to pull a sub off. he nearly subbed fedor way back when.

Good for you man. Nice post. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut.
im fairly sure most heavies would have the grappling ability to take down a boxer who has never trained that stuff. you dont think that makes sense? randy subbed toney easily. just trust big timmeh to shit the bed and get ko'ed by mercer.

LOL you think Ngannou easy to take down? Blaydes couldn't, Cain couldn't, Stipe couldn't untill Ngannou gassed himself out at the end of the round, Overeem tried to grapple with him too but got denied. Fresh Ngannou has 100% takedown defense.
Why this "Ngannou cant defense takedown" myth still going on? Just because Stipe took a gassed out Ngannou down it mean everyone can too? You guys doesn't learn anything when Ngannou beat Cain and Blaydes?

These threads are so stupid.

Boxing rules...Fury wins
MMA rules....MMA fighter wins

/thread

For a guy with a great striking background, Overeem’s defense sucks and could easily lose if he didn’t keep a high guard, throw hard kicks, and go for takedowns. Overeem got KO’d by Travis Browne spamming front kicks so I wouldn’t put money on him in any fight honestly

LOL you think Ngannou easy to take down? Blaydes couldn't, Cain couldn't, Stipe couldn't untill Ngannou gassed himself out at the end of the round, Overeem tried to grapple with him too but got denied. Fresh Ngannou has 100% takedown defense

did you read what I wrote? your reply indicates that you didn't read, read and didn't understand, read and forgot or just straight ignored what I wrote.

try again.

did you read what I wrote? your reply indicates that you didn't read, read and didn't understand, read and forgot or just straight ignored what I wrote.

try again.
You said like Overeem didn't try to wrestle with Ngannou, i pointed out that Overeem did try to take him down but got denied by a Fresh Ngannou who has 100% TDD, what is your point?
Cain and Blaydes couldn't take Ngannou down, that mean they couldn't take Fury down too right?
You think Tyson Fury has the same TDD ability with the guy who denied Blaydes and Cain's wrestling LMAO? His boxing stance alone reduce his TDD like 50%, imagine using a boxer stance in a MMA fight and expect to not get takedown

Back