Tyson Fury vs. Otto Wallin, Sat. Sept. 14, 11 p.m. ET on ESPN+ Official RBR Discussion Thread

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It would have stopped on the spot if that was Wallin’s eye.

Yeah, Tyson having no heart is one of the dumbest myths in boxing. He could be beaten by certain guys but you had to beat his ass to get him to stop.

Having heart is also about the ability to come back in a fight. Tyson if he started losing he never came back. And after only 2 rounds and a headbutt in the Holyfield rematch he quit in spectacularly psycho fashion.

Having heart is also about the ability to come back in a fight. Tyson if he started losing he never came back. And after only 2 rounds and a headbutt in the Holyfield rematch he quit in spectacularly psycho fashion.
BS. Its about giving your all. You're saying losing fighters can't have heart, which is absurd. He didn't quit vs Douglas. He got KO'd and counted out while trying to put his mouthpiece back in to keep going. Evander was a bad style for him who couldn't be broken like some opponents could.

BS. Its about giving your all. You're saying losing fighters can't have heart, which is absurd. He didn't quit vs Douglas. He got KO'd and counted out while trying to put his mouthpiece back in to keep going. Evander was a bad style for him who couldn't be broken like some opponents could.

He gave it his all with Holyfield? After 2 rounds he got himself DQ'd on purpose..

He was the one who got caught fighting dirty is all.

Tyson bit the ears on two occasions because he didn’t want to fight anymore. He was losing, he got headbutted, was frustrated and then quit. When he bit the ears that was his way of quitting. “Get me out of here”

he wanted out.

Yes.

I enjoyed watching a lot of his fights. But back then when I saw those fights. That told me any version of Tyson was getting his ass kicked by any version of Holyfield. Because Holyfield was never going to quit. And Tyson was going to fold.

Yes.

I enjoyed watching a lot of his fights. But back then when I saw those fights. That told me any version of Tyson was getting his ass kicked by any version of Holyfield. Because Holyfield was never going to quit. And Tyson was going to fold.

Who knows. He looked at his corner man like he was an idiot. There was no support and Tyson simply could not work without it.

Tyson bit the ears on two occasions because he didn’t want to fight anymore. He was losing, he got headbutted, was frustrated and then quit. When he bit the ears that was his way of quitting. “Get me out of here”
He got DQ'd, he didn't quit. He came out gunning, every single round.

The most fired up he was in the whole fight was right after the bite.

I think you're confusing mental strength and heart. Tyson couldn't understand why Holyfield was getting away with the dirty stuff, so he bit Holyfield to keep him from coming in with his head. Twice.
Heart is a guy who takes it and keeps coming. Tyson always did that until he either won or got counted out.
the Holyfield fight was dirty as fuck. Tyson was just not sneaky with his dirty stuff like Evander was and got caught.

Yes.

A boxer getting stopped doesn't mean he has no heart. Holyfield/Tyson 1 was a grueling 11 round war. Tyson didn't just fold at the first power shot. To say a guy that went 11 hard rounds with Holyfield has no heart is flat out dumb.

I feel like the announcers were overblowing Fury's "dominance". I like the guy and he definitely has the heart of a champion but if you just listened on the radio you'd think that was your run of the mill 117-111 fight. It was much more competitive (and compelling) than that.

A boxer getting stopped doesn't mean he has no heart. Holyfield/Tyson 1 was a grueling 11 round war. Tyson didn't just fold at the first power shot. To say a guy that went 11 hard rounds with Holyfield has no heart is flat out dumb.
People who spout the Tyson no heart narrative havent watched him. Its as simple as that. That dude took some hellacious punishment.

He wanted out of the the fight man.. The ref Mills Lane told him he was taking away 2 points. Then Tyson did it again. He knew he would get DQ'd. He wanted out..

Last edited:

That is why he quit in the 2nd fight. He got his ass whooped the first time. After 2 rounds nothing changed. So he said "Fuck it I want out of here".. I think he also knew he was past his prime. Didn't love boxing anymore.. A ton of shit had gone south for him by that point..

He wanted out of the the fight man.. The ref Mills Lane told him he was taking away 2 points. Then Tyson did it again. He knew he would get DQ'd. He wanted out..

He got another taste of Holyfield’s skull, then acted like a lunatic. Because that’s what he was.

The most fired up he was in the whole fight was right after the bite.

I think you're confusing mental strength and heart. Tyson couldn't understand why Holyfield was getting away with the dirty stuff, so he bit Holyfield to keep him from coming in with his head. Twice.
Heart is a guy who takes it and keeps coming. Tyson always did that until he either won or got counted out.
the Holyfield fight was dirty as fuck. Tyson was just not sneaky with his dirty stuff like Evander was and got caught.

My god dude you cannot be on one single thread without posting some madness, can you?

It is an objective fact that Tyson quit against Holyfield in the 2nd fight. He got himself DQ'd on purpose so he wouldn't get KO'd later in the fight. Holyfield was piecing Tyson up and would have continued to do so until the ref saw enough.

He did the same shit against Botha, where he was also getting pieced up, and tried to break his arm.

My god dude you cannot be on one single thread without posting some madness, can you?

It is an objective fact that Tyson quit against Holyfield in the 2nd fight. He got himself DQ'd on purpose so he wouldn't get KO'd later in the fight. Holyfield was piecing Tyson up and would have continued to do so until the ref saw enough.

He did the same shit against Botha, where he was also getting pieced up, and tried to break his arm.

This..

I was a fan of Tyson, I was a kid when he was really dominating the sport. I was a teenager when he started having all of his troubles especially when he came out of prison. He had a great and dominant run in his youth. However later in his career when faced against actual great opposition. He folded. And he folded every single time he faced that opposition. He never once overcame it. For that reason he’s not one of the greatest HW of all time. He doesn’t have one signature win in his whole career. Not against anybody that is deemed a great HW.

Back