Tyson Fury vs Otto Wallin agreed to terms for a September fight on ESPN+

I dont get it. A world champ who fights low level journeyman.

But I just looked up HW rankings. Man has HW gone to shit in the last years. Even zombie Adamek is still in the top20.
Well he's not world champion, so I guess there's an excuse for it lmao

Yeah, Fury, Top Rank and ESPN are explicitly marketing him as the lineal champ and playing up the Wilder decision as a robbery.

People were giving Wilder shit about his level of opposition when he was still a prospect. The crap that Fury is pulling is ridiculous.

Yeah, Fury, Top Rank and ESPN are explicitly marketing him as the lineal champ and playing up the Wilder decision as a robbery.

People were giving Wilder shit about his level of opposition when he was still a prospect. The crap that Fury is pulling is ridiculous.
As I said before, any of top fighter pulls this shit and they'd have boxing fans turn on them. Even if AJ decided to fight this dude after his Ruiz loss, he'd be getting shit for it. Fury has some delusional fans.

Ok right but I just meant it as that he is at the top of HW at the moment with Wilder, Ruiz and AJ. ;)

I would favour him by a wide margin in a Wilder rematch and against AJ. Thats how good he is and thats why I just dont get how he can throw away his prime like that. I get having a journeyman or stay active fight if you need to build yourself up after such a long break but now he did fight Wilder and just had a journeyman.

HW boxing really turned into crap. AJ is a robot , Fury likes to kill butterflies and Wilder I guess is ok but watching him "box" is a torture in itself except for his straight right.

I pray for Usyk to really make an impression against Takam and then roll up HW.

As I said before, any of top fighter pulls this shit and they'd have boxing fans turn on them. Even if AJ decided to fight this dude after his Ruiz loss, he'd be getting shit for it. Fury has some delusional fans.

He's also scooped up a lot of support from know-nothing casuals who don't have any idea that he popped for PEDs (yet was still allowed to fight Klitschko because UKAD is farce) or about any of the other controversies that I'd rather not rehash.

Because there's nothing redeeming about overshadowing your PED violation with a two year bender followed by a canned religious awakening.
That's a little harsh lmao dude probably has legit mental health problems. I agree with you about the PED stuff though.

i dont actually think Fury has many fans TBH

He has a lot of casual fans that defend him to the death, from what I've seen.

I dont think ive ever seen this, ive seen some people who defend his skills, but not his behaviour or choices of opponents

If you have seen this, those people are few and far between, nobody came to see his fights in the UK, so he tried it in the US...and by all accounts..he is being made to look a lot more popular than he actually is

I dont think ive ever seen this, ive seen some people who defend his skills, but not his behaviour or choices of opponents

If you have seen this, those people are few and far between, nobody came to see his fights in the UK, so he tried it in the US...and by all accounts..he is being made to look a lot more popular than he actually is
You haven't? Twitter is full of 'em. They say Wallin/Schwarz are ranked (WBA and WBO), and he's the lineal champion so he can fight who he wants. They call AJ a fake, a hype job, and a dosser, and that's pretty much it. They just repeat the same talking points over and over again.

I think it's hard to gauge his popularity because it's definitely gone up since he fought Wilder, but he hasn't actually fought over here since. I definitely don't think he'd sell out a stadium like AJ does though.

You haven't? Twitter is full of 'em. They say Wallin/Schwarz are ranked (WBA and WBO), and he's the lineal champion so he can fight who he wants. They call AJ a fake, a hype job, and a dosser, and that's pretty much it. They just repeat the same talking points over and over again.

I think it's hard to gauge his popularity because it's definitely gone up since he fought Wilder, but he hasn't actually fought over here since. I definitely don't think he'd sell out a stadium like AJ does though.

I tend to not really give much credit to people who post on twitter and forums(although we do generally have a decent bunch of posters here), most are just looking for attention

That's a little harsh lmao dude probably has legit mental health problems. I agree with you about the PED stuff though.

Getting fat and going on a two year bender is mentally unhealthy. He chose to do these things after using steroids to elevate himself to the biggest win of his career. I'm worried more for the mental health of those who buy into his fake redemption story. There are people with real problems and imbalances that they can't switch on and off as convenient.

Getting fat and going on a two year bender is mentally unhealthy. He chose to do these things after using steroids to elevate himself to the biggest win of his career. I'm worried more for the mental health of those who buy into his fake redemption story. There are people with real problems and imbalances that they can't switch on and off as convenient.

Fury tested positive before the scheduled rematch with Wlad, NOT the first bout where he won. I suspect he used to get over the ankle injury he'd picked up in training. Seen this posted a few times as fact, and it isn't.

Who could he have fought instead that was available? Wee Ben Davison says Otto is ranked in the top 10 in 2 major organizations. Was Parker available?

Who could he have fought instead that was available? Wee Ben Davison says Otto is ranked in the top 10 in 2 major organizations. Was Parker available?
Washington, Martin, Joyce, Pulev, Price, Dubois, Kabayel, Hrgovic, Kuzmin, Ajagba, Hunter, Molina, Yoka, Bakole, Teper, Rozanski, and Fedosov. These guys were all available and are all ranked higher than Wallin on Boxrec. In this list you have undefeated fighters, former title challengers, a former world champion, gold medallists, and legit prospects.

They're talking shit when they say they couldn't find anybody better.

Fury tested positive before the scheduled rematch with Wlad, NOT the first bout where he won. I suspect he used to get over the ankle injury he'd picked up in training. Seen this posted a few times as fact, and it isn't.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.ind...ad-doping-violation-hearing-a8105906.html?amp
He probably should have been suspended following the February 2015 test. It’s a head scratcher that he was allowed to fight for the title after that. That’s boxing for you I guess.

Because there's nothing redeeming about overshadowing your PED violation with a two year bender followed by a canned religious awakening.

Hes always been religious. He took shit about his outdated views before he had a breakdown. Irish travellers are generally catholic, and religion is still very prevalent in their culture. As opposed to most brits who are atheist

He's also scooped up a lot of support from know-nothing casuals who don't have any idea that he popped for PEDs (yet was still allowed to fight Klitschko because UKAD is farce) or about any of the other controversies that I'd rather not rehash.

He popped for the rematch as far as I’m aware. Not the title fight

Back