Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder Is Stipe Miocic vs Francis Ngannou All Over Again

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Uppercuts??

I think for fury the key is the jab and keeping off the ropes

Wilder its about pressure. Which may not be his strong suit but you cant just let fury dance around and peck away

Yeah I agree with you. Fury needs to keep this at range and land his jab. If he does get close then he needs to tie up Wilder quickly. I think we could see quite a frustrating fight given Fury's expected gameplan, particularly for Wilder.

i didnt think the Pianeta Fury was that bad

i think he rises to the level of his opponents which is why he looked so good vs Klitschko

Yeah He rises to his opponents level by choice generally. He fcks around if he’s got a guy in there that he know he can beat, just like with the fella from n Ireland who he fought southpaw.

Yeah He rises to his opponents level by choice generally. He fcks around if he’s got a guy in there that he know he can beat, just like with the fella from n Ireland who he fought southpaw.

i really hope we see the best of both

That's a perfect hook, a lot of american boxers punch like that.
Floyd throw the hook in the same way, in a wide almost slapping motion.

5539d2.gif

There's some similarities. Some American fighters have a tendency to not turn their fist over on the hook, Floyd and Wilder being two. But Floyd's is remarkably better - elbow stays down and close to his hip, helps generate more power and looks like a jab at the beginning (you can see Berto try to catch it, here). He also lands more towards than the knuckle than his fingers. It's hard to see but when you see stills of him landing it, he's real accurate:

2mayweather19jpg-d6380fac53da97b7_large.jpg

hook.jpg

There's some similarities. Some American fighters have a tendency to not turn their fist over on the hook, Floyd and Wilder being two. But Floyd's is remarkably better - elbow stays down and close to his hip, helps generate more power and looks like a jab at the beginning (you can see Berto try to catch it, here). He also lands more towards than the knuckle than his fingers. It's hard to see but when you see stills of him landing it, he's real accurate:

hook.jpg

damn he turned Hatton into an alien

hook.jpg
So basically Floyd throw the hook very similar to this

So basically Floyd throw the hook very similar to this

A bit closer, yeah. Deontay has been looking really sharp in training the past couple of years, but he always ends up looking sloppy in fights.

If I had a punch like that, I can't say I wouldn't be tempted either. He knows when he hits guys with big punches, they get their world turned upside down. He seems more comfortable doing that than he does boxing his way to a decision.

Back