Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder Is Stipe Miocic vs Francis Ngannou All Over Again

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
The closer we get to the fight the more I'm leaning towards Wilder. Listened to David Haye yesterday and he is right when he says Fury isn't outboxing all these guys from long range all the time. He often uses his strength and size advantage over his opponents. Leans on them and outpowers them. But there is no such advantage for him in this fight. Wilder outmuscles him in the clinch and blasts him with hooks and straights if Fury tries those tactics. I guess cardio could be a huge factor in this fight as well.

The closer we get to the fight the more I'm leaning towards Wilder. Listened to David Haye yesterday and he is right when he says Fury isn't outboxing all these guys from long range all the time. He often uses his strength and size advantage over his opponents. Leans on them and outpowers them. But there is no such advantage for him in this fight. Wilder outmuscles him in the clinch and blasts him with hooks and straights if Fury tries those tactics. I guess cardio could be a huge factor in this fight as well.
What makes you think that Fury won't be able to outmuscle Wilder on the inside too?

What makes you think that Fury won't be able to outmuscle Wilder on the inside too?

Wilder appears to be very athletic and is very strong and fast for him. Maybe Fury smothers him for a couple of rounds but it's a dangerous game with Wilder. I see the American catching him with a swing at the side of the head and Fury losing the compass. I wish I'm wrong as I'm quietly pulling for Fury.

i always thought his straight rights were so much more powerful than his windmill shit lol
Yeah that's what will get Fury first. A big straight right, then windmill mode will be activated lol.

Fury is up in big bear so wouldnt u assume his cardio will be pretty dang good

wilder never gets tired though but i havent seen Fury that tired either

Yeah that's what will get Fury first. A big straight right, then windmill mode will be activated lol.

fuck man i cant even imagine the sight of Wilder having Fury rocked and going full windmill mode

crowd will go nuts

Both guys have a pretty good cardio despite their size. But this is their hardest fight ever for both guys and taking punches constantly from a 2 meter heavyweight might tire you out faster than anything. I haven't seen the odds but I would favor Wilder to win by stoppage or by decision. Fury can only win IMO if he can implement his pressure game and smother Wilder's attacks with all kinds of tactics. Easier said than done for the Gypsy king.

Hes at Riverside now. Big Bears altitude was fucking him up

Both guys have a pretty good cardio despite their size. But this is their hardest fight ever for both guys and taking punches constantly from a 2 meter heavyweight might tire you out faster than anything. I haven't seen the odds but I would favor Wilder to win by stoppage or by decision. Fury can only win IMO if he can implement his pressure game and smother Wilder's attacks with all kinds of tactics. Easier said than done for the Gypsy king.

fuckin hell man this fight terrifies me cuz i want Fury to win but all it takes is one shot from Wilder

fuckin hell man this fight terrifies me cuz i want Fury to win but all it takes is one shot from Wilder

I want Fury to win but I wouldn't be mad if Wilder gets it. Maybe it's even healthier to have a spectacular KO win for Wilder setting up that AJ unification in 2019.

I want Fury to win but I wouldn't be mad if Wilder gets it. Maybe it's even healthier to have a spectacular KO win for Wilder setting up that AJ unification in 2019.

i just fear that even if Wilder gets that big Ko, joshua will avoid him again and if Fury wins I think Joshua would take the fight with Fury

I want Fury to win but I wouldn't feel terrible if Wilder KO's him. But I'll be on the edge of my seat watching Fury try and dance around Wilder while Wilder looks to land that fight ending big shot. Even if not many shots are thrown I still think there will be a real sense of suspense because Wilder could change the whole fight in the blink of an eye. One mistake from Fury and he is toast.

I want Fury to win but I wouldn't feel terrible if Wilder KO's him. But I'll be on the edge of my seat watching Fury try and dance around Wilder while Wilder looks to land that fight ending big shot. Even if not many shots are thrown I still think there will be a real sense of suspense because Wilder could change the whole fight in the blink of an eye. One mistake from Fury and he is toast.

yeah that's the main reason i compared it to Stipe vs Francis

going into the fight i was sweating my ass off and my heart was pounding during the first round because Francis was just throwing windmill shots and stipe was trying to avoid them but he still got clipped every once in a while

@Tomas I believe Joshua/Wilder win or lose will be made in the second half of 2019.

@aries anyone not at the edge of their seat for this fight isn't a true boxing fan lol

Ngannou is a complete novice who had no real chance to win, Wilder isn't a novice and is very likely to win.
Stipe has a much greater skill set than Ngannou so I guess that sort of works in the comparison.

If the Fury who beat Klitschko turns up it'll be dull but competitive but if the one who fought Pianeta and Seferi shows up it'll be a brief embarrassing fight with Wilder knocking him out.

I suspect that the Pianeta/Seferi Fury shows up and that the Klitschko one is long gone.

That could happen but I very much doubt Fury will win a strength game. He needs to win inside with skill, not muscle.

Uppercuts will be key here, for both of them.

That could happen but I very much doubt Fury will win a strength game. He needs to win inside with skill, not muscle.

Uppercuts will be key here, for both of them.
Uppercuts??

I think for fury the key is the jab and keeping off the ropes

Wilder its about pressure. Which may not be his strong suit but you cant just let fury dance around and peck away

Ngannou is a complete novice who had no real chance to win, Wilder isn't a novice and is very likely to win.
Stipe has a much greater skill set than Ngannou so I guess that sort of works in the comparison.

If the Fury who beat Klitschko turns up it'll be dull but competitive but if the one who fought Pianeta and Seferi shows up it'll be a brief embarrassing fight with Wilder knocking him out.

I suspect that the Pianeta/Seferi Fury shows up and that the Klitschko one is long gone.

i didnt think the Pianeta Fury was that bad

i think he rises to the level of his opponents which is why he looked so good vs Klitschko

yeah that's the main reason i compared it to Stipe vs Francis

going into the fight i was sweating my ass off and my heart was pounding during the first round because Francis was just throwing windmill shots and stipe was trying to avoid them but he still got clipped every once in a while
Yeah I can see where you are coming from but one big difference is that Fury will have a height and reach advantage which will help him avoid getting into exchanges with Wilder. That means he can land on Wilder while still being at a safe distance, while Stipe had to get into the pocket to land his punches against Ngannou who had a 3" reach advantage. And we saw that in the fight. Stipe was having to get close enough to land and it meant Ngannou was in range to land his bombs.

Back