Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder Is Stipe Miocic vs Francis Ngannou All Over Again

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Sorry TS but this is horseshit. Let us keep the bullshit in the sections it belongs, namely the ones with MMA in the title.

Not at all. Fury is a compete wildcard at this point. He hasn't had legitimate competition in nearly 3 years and no one knows which Fury will show up. His last two bouts were borderline exhibitions and he didn't even look so great then. If anything the similarities begin and end with Fury, like Ngannou, being a complete wildcard where a prediction concerning their performance ranges in the unknown

Yeah I agree with this. I think the lack of legitimate bouts in this period is absolutely key, and he shouldn’t have been looking at wilder/Joshua until he has at least stepped in with a couple of current top 10 guys. Most on here seem to favour him in this fight based on the poll. Like you alluded to, i think he’s stepped in way too early

wilder throws wild punches and hits hard - so does Francis. Stipe and Fury are the more clean punchers but they dont have as much power

That's really the only similarity with a little bit of merit, even though WIlder can throw technical clean punches and actually has a nice jab. That's not nearly enough to say it's "Sipe vs Francis all over again", which is stupid.

Contrary to your OP, Wilder has arguably more experience than Fury given that he's been in more world title fights and has gotten more rounds under his belt over the last few years. Wilder has also proven time and again that he stays dangerous late into fights. I doubt anyone would be all that shocked if Wilder scored a KO in the last few rounds like he has done in several of his world title fights. Additionally, Wilder wasn't getting outboxed before landing a hail mary vs. Ortiz like you implied, that was a back and forth fight throughout.

And of course the big thing going into this fight is that there are question marks around Fury, about what kind of shape he's going to be in and how much damage the inactivity and drugs and obesity etc have done to him.

These are reasons why this fight is nothing like Miocic/Ngannou.

Then u got Deontay Wilder who is pretty much only known to be a KO artist and he got out boxed in his last fight by Ortiz before landing that big golf club swing of a punch. he's not really technical but he throws 100% at all times and gets off balance every hard punch he throws
giphy.gif

100.webp

I mean wtf is that ^ LOL he just golf clubbed his opponent
That's a perfect hook, a lot of american boxers punch like that.
Floyd throw the hook in the same way, in a wide almost slapping motion.

5539d2.gif

It's a vague comparison. Deontay has much better reach is more athletic has a distinct speed advantage over ngannou and like has been said he can close the distance with a stepping jab. He's also a much better more experienced athlete than ngannou.

Fury isn't like stipe really either. He is technically sound with amaxing footwork for a man that's 6'9 and weighs 250. His work rate is better than stipe and he had the ability to shut down a fight through movement and leaning.

All in all. Not really. No

Yeah I agree with this. I think the lack of legitimate bouts in this period is absolutely key, and he shouldn’t have been looking at wilder/Joshua until he has at least stepped in with a couple of current top 10 guys. Most on here seem to favour him in this fight based on the poll. Like you alluded to, i think he’s stepped in way too early

Way too early, should've waited at least a year and fight some top 10 guys like Pulev or Joe Parker

That's a perfect hook, a lot of american boxers punch like that.
Floyd throw the hook in the same way, in a wide almost slapping motion.

5539d2.gif

the hook is fine but the punch that followed was more like a clubbing shot

That's really the only similarity with a little bit of merit, even though WIlder can throw technical clean punches and actually has a nice jab. That's not nearly enough to say it's "Sipe vs Francis all over again", which is stupid.

Contrary to your OP, Wilder has arguably more experience than Fury given that he's been in more world title fights and has gotten more rounds under his belt over the last few years. Wilder has also proven time and again that he stays dangerous late into fights. I doubt anyone would be all that shocked if Wilder scored a KO in the last few rounds like he has done in several of his world title fights. Additionally, Wilder wasn't getting outboxed before landing a hail mary vs. Ortiz like you implied, that was a back and forth fight throughout.

And of course the big thing going into this fight is that there are question marks around Fury, about what kind of shape he's going to be in and how much damage the inactivity and drugs and obesity etc have done to him.

These are reasons why this fight is nothing like Miocic/Ngannou.

i didnt think Fury looked that bad in his last match tbh. I think the level of the opponent is what brings out the best in him

Ortiz was giving Wilder some problems despite being rocked and dropped throughout the whole fight

DEontay-inside.gif

we'll see how both chins hold up

well i thought u meant he went to Paris to get on the juice

Cycling off is what fighters do to keep the gains but not get caught. Either way it's cheating so i'm not sure why you are differentiating.

Wilder will pick him apart.

That said, I sort of doubt this will be a great fight. Both guys like to lay back and let the other guy come at them. Could be a lot of feinting and low punch output.

That seems to be the opposite of what most pro boxers are saying, either Wilder gets the early KO or he gets picked apart. Fury clearly has better boxing technique with Wilder having a lot more punching power and sloppy punches.

You think?

Wilder has a good jab when he uses it properly, but Fury is both bigger than anyone Wilder has fought, and he moves better.

I’d expect Wilder to miss a lot, and then maybe end the fight very quickly.

Or Fury tangles him up in a snoozefest.

Or Fury works Wilders body to death and gets the KO...

You think?

Wilder has a good jab when he uses it properly, but Fury is both bigger than anyone Wilder has fought, and he moves better.

I’d expect Wilder to miss a lot, and then maybe end the fight very quickly.

Or Fury tangles him up in a snoozefest.

Or Fury works Wilders body to death and gets the KO...

Do you think Fury can eat most of Wilder's shots? I think his chin and recovery could be enough to get him through the fight

Way too early, should've waited at least a year and fight some top 10 guys like Pulev or Joe Parker

Absolutely. I think that may have been the plan but I’m guessing wilder chased the fight as soon as fury came back, based on the timeline of him accepting Joshua’s offer, then fcked it off to fight fury. Possibly an offer too good to refuse?
His last 2 fights have been pretty much exhibition fights. No one knows yet if the layoff/metal health problems/drink and coke abuse has affected him as a proffessional athlete. It’s vwry possible that it has. A couple of more fights against live opponents would have answered that

Do you think Fury can eat most of Wilder's shots? I think his chin and recovery could be enough to get him through the fight

Fury is way more durable than most give him credit, but I’m not sure anyone in the division takes wilders power. Same for Joshua

Fury is way more durable than most give him credit, but I’m not sure anyone in the division takes wilders power. Same for Joshua

i think Joshua is an easy fight for Wilder and Fury tbh - Joshua gets out boxed by Fury and Wilder KO's Joshua

Fury is probably the only guy who can avoid those big bombs

That said, I sort of doubt this will be a great fight. Both guys like to lay back and let the other guy come at them. Could be a lot of feinting and low punch output.
Lots of feinting? In a Fury fight? :) 50% of the fight will be feinting.

No and no way.

Fury doesn’t have a chin or recovery of note - he has great movement for a big guy and a high ring IQ to keep him out of trouble.

Often doesn’t make for exciting fights, but it’s about winning at the end of the day. Ask Wlad.

No and no way.

Fury doesn’t have a chin or recovery of note - he has great movement for a big guy and a high ring IQ to keep him out of trouble.

Often doesn’t make for exciting fights, but it’s about winning at the end of the day. Ask Wlad.

so if he gets tagged by Wilder you think its over? or do u think he wont even get tagged clean the entire fight?

No and no way.

I think you're off with the recovery aspect. He has very good recovery. To be honest we are yet to see it really tested. Whilst I agree wilder can one shot anyone he also laid a beating on duhapes who threw the kitchen sink at him. Though that was a while ago.

I rate his chances more and more. I dont rhink he'd be favourite with the bookies but I think he can win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back