Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder fight is set for December in Staples Center

Who wins?

• Total voters
Wilder should win in under 6. The prefight hype will be worth it alone.

I really couldnt guess the outcome of this either way. I could see Wilder just obliterating Fury and stopping him well before the midway point, but I could also see Fury turning up in halfway decent shape and frustrating the fuck out of Wilder for 12 rounds.

Fury at his best, like the shape he showed up in when he fought Wlad would dance circles around clumsy Wilder. It would be a boring 12 point decision. BUT I really doubt Fury can get in that shape ever again. Anything less and Wilder KO's him. I guess we'll get a better idea of what version of Fury we are going to get when he fights Pianeta this weekend.

Fury at his best, like the shape he showed up in when he fought Wlad would dance circles around clumsy Wilder. It would be a boring 12 point decision. BUT I really doubt Fury can get in that shape ever again. Anything less and Wilder KO's him. I guess we'll get a better idea of what version of Fury we are going to get when he fights Pianeta this weekend.
Hed make Wilder look real bad in stretches but I doubt any version of Fury would pull it off the entire fight.

He may have done it vs Wlad, but Wlad also didnt try to do a fucking thing. Wilder would force him to fight, at least in the process of Fury getting back away from him. Furys been smacked by lesser fighters than Wilder.

Furys been smacked by lesser fighters than Wilder.

I concede this point, but I'd add that in the past when he's got clocked it was against guys he was fucking about with—clowning in-close in Chisora I, standing toe-to-toe with McDonnell in their first fight, going forward versus the Eastern European/Canadian dude whose name escapes me & wading in like a twat versus Cunningham.

I'd contend that you could say—with equal veracity—when he's wanted to keep dudes away from his chin (Wlad, Hammer, Chisora II), none of them have been able to reach him. I can't think of a single guy who's got near him when he's fought like that.

None of them have been 6'7" & as fast as Wilder, admittedly, but I hope the point I'm making stands.

Hed make Wilder look real bad in stretches but I doubt any version of Fury would pull it off the entire fight.

He may have done it vs Wlad, but Wlad also didnt try to do a fucking thing. Wilder would force him to fight, at least in the process of Fury getting back away from him. Furys been smacked by lesser fighters than Wilder.
Fury rose to the occasion vs Wlad. He's never shown that before. If he fought Wilder as good as he did Wlad then I don't see Wilder getting to him. Wilder has been playing it safe himself lately and giving away rounds. He can't play it safe from a distance or he'll just get picked apart by Fury. BUT as I said that's only if A-game Fury shows up which is a huge BUT.

I concede this point, but I'd add that in the past when he's got clocked it was against guys he was fucking about with—clowning in-close in Chisora I, standing toe-to-toe with McDonnell in their first fight, going forward versus the Eastern European/Canadian dude whose name escapes me & wading in like a twat versus Cunningham.

I'd contend that you could say—with equal veracity—when he's wanted to keep dudes away from his chin (Wlad, Hammer, Chisora II), none of them have been able to reach him. I can't think of a single guy who's got near him when he's fought like that.

None of them have been 6'7" & as fast as Wilder, admittedly, but I hope the point I'm making stands.
Wlad literally didnt do anything, and Hammer/Chisora arent comparable to what Wilder will attempt and brings to the table.
Fury rose to the occasion vs Wlad. He's never shown that before. If he fought Wilder as good as he did Wlad then I don't see Wilder getting to him. Wilder has been playing it safe himself lately and giving away rounds. He can't play it safe from a distance or he'll just get picked apart by Fury. BUT as I said that's only if A-game Fury shows up which is a huge BUT.
Ive got a hard time thinking Wilder would go in looking for any game plan other than to knock Fury’s head into Hughie’s lap. He knows hes not outboxing Fury. He can outfight him though.

Comes forward guns blazing imo. Fury may get away in sputs but at some point hell have to fight. Wilder has too much length, speed, athleticism, and aggression for him not to.

That last bit works both ways as well dave. Wilder has never faced anyone nearly as Big or who can move as well. Fury is a better technical boxer as well. If he spends all night stepping in to furys jab like chisora 2 (something wlad wouldn’t do) he could easily stop wilder! Let’s hope he looks good at the weekend because if he is close to his best against wilder I think it will be a great fight.

That last bit works both ways as well dave. Wilder has never faced anyone nearly as Big or who can move as well. Fury is a better technical boxer as well. If he spends all night stepping in to furys jab like chisora 2 (something wlad wouldn’t do) he could easily stop wilder! Let’s hope he looks good at the weekend because if he is close to his best against wilder I think it will be a great fight.
Who has Fury easily stopped?

fury is starting to grow on me because he's entertaining when he's giving interviews or just spewing shit on some instagram clip, but come on guys. wilder will fucking bury him.

Who has Fury easily stopped?

He stopped Del Boy in their last fight, which is no mean feat! He’s got such a big reach advantage that fighters have to step in to land. You can’t sit in the back foot against fury. He ain’t a big puncher but he can hurt almost anyone if they walk on to his shots

He stopped Del Boy in their last fight, which is no mean feat! He’s got such a big reach advantage that fighters have to step in to land. You can’t sit in the back foot against fury. He ain’t a big puncher but he can hurt almost anyone if they walk on to his shots
Del Boy is a can with T-Rex arm 74” reach.

Chisora has lost every big fight he has been in.

Takam was a big fight. And I’d definately say he’s more durable than wilder or Joshua. I think your being naive if you think fury can’t ko the top fighters, especially as they are more prone to walking on to shots given furys enormous size

Chisora has lost every big fight he has been in.

How does that make him a can? hes lost to Fury, Pulev, Vitali, Haye, was on the wrong side of a close split decision against Whyte and got screwed vs Helenius.

Gatekeeper? sure. Can? hell no.

The double standards towards British fighters here is comedy. Chisora sucks, hence why he loses to every good fighter he faces.

I legitimately laughed at “more durable than Wilder or Joshua”.

I didnt say Fury couldnt KO anyone. I asked who Fury easily stopped. Its simply silly to say he can easily stop Wilder.

I'll wait for it to be fight night to get excited for this fight. something will happen to ruin it,

anyway lets see how Fury looks this weekend

Rooting for Fury but Wilder takes it though

Back